Around the League 2020/2021 Thread | Stanley Cup Final Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
MAF wins the Vezina. And to think we could've got him, along with a 2nd round pick at 50% retained and avoided Holtby. Sigh.
Who wouldn't be better than Holtby would be the more interesting question. Would Dan Cloutier coming out of retirement on a minimum wage contract be that much worse once you spent the difference on another defenseman?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Glad to see Fox win the Norris, he deserved it. McAvoy deserved a nomination over Hedman though.

Reactions: bossram

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
honestly i didn’t see a single rangers game this year. was adam fox really norris good or is this just a no one had a truly great year and he scored a crapload of points?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Marner got "ALL NHL 1st Team"

:skeptic::skeptic:

i know it doesnt include the playoffs
Just Marner's stock for is dropping big time. Guy is one of the most casual players in this league who has zero interest in winning games.

WishfulThinker

Jun 10, 2021
Dissecting Tampa, their pro scouting is just miles and miles ahead of the Canucks. Ya, they hit more in the draft, but they still have had picks that disappointed. They just quickly assessed their players at the pro level and were decisive about it before they depreciated their own assets.

What pro scouting personnel do we have on our team and how do we get them to do better more consistently? At least there are signs the ship isn't a complete sinker like early in Benning's regime. Miller, Motte, Toffoli were at least positive adds in a sea of muck.

Moving on earlier from Virtanen and Gaudette when we had the inside track on their ceilings (at least within our organization) would have been things a team like Tampa would have done I think.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

well, höggles beat stützle

With all the constant chatter about the Canucks and a Calder candidate every year, the latest being Hogs, it's as if the rest of the league isn't progressing with youth as well as the Canucks. The following begs to differ with that thought.

Ottawa had 2 in the top 10 #s4 and 9 and one more at 17.

The Devils had 2, #s7 and 10.

The Rangers had 2, #5 and 12.

Chicago had 3 at #11, 13, and 18.

Minnesota with the winner and and another at #15.

Carolina needed a goalie and their rookie was #3.

It seems that other teams are drafting pretty damned "gud" as well. NJ, NY, and Ottawa are very young and their farms have a bunch of high picks marinating as well.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Tampa could easily be working on their 4th Cup with this core if things had broken better for them and they’d made a couple of minor adjustments. It’s truly remarkable what Tampa’s management, including Yzerman, have built in the cap era.
There will be some cap casualties this off season but if they play it smart they’ll get back some young cheap players and draft picks and keep the window open for a long time. Just a first class management group that should be a model for every organization.
I mean, in theory they already have replacements on the roster and in the system. Joseph, Foote, Stephens could probably handle a bit bigger role now.

Raddysh, Katchouk, Barre-Boulet in the minors looking good.

If they can trade Killorn and get Seattle to take Johnson, they are probably just fine IMO. Don’t know how the cap works on that but they could afford to lose those kind’ve pieces and replace from within.

Reactions: timw33

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
honestly i didn’t see a single rangers game this year. was adam fox really norris good or is this just a no one had a truly great year and he scored a crapload of points?

Caught a lot of Rangers games to follow some fantasy players, and Adam Fox was absolutely an outstanding two way force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad