Around the League 2018-19 Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Bob is mesmerized by this new class of elite asset management that Jim Nill just discovered. Literally made the exact same trade for Oleksiak with the exact same 4th rounder coming back as last year after the Pens gave him a new contract.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The Kings are a train wreck. They trade Muzzin who is 29 with a year left at only $4M in the midst of his best season in the NHL and get a low first and someone who is at best a future second liner, likely a third liner.

Manson is a bit younger and has a bit more term but if in a year and a half we decided to trade him and got a package like that I would be pissed!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't think that package for Muzzin is bad at all.

He’s not a rental though and has a year left after this. I guess the seller never gets the greatest return but that seems like a rental price, not the price for someone with 1.5 years left.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He’s not a rental though and has a year left after this. I guess the seller never gets the greatest return but that seems like a rental price, not the price for someone with 1.5 years left.

I think that'd be the rental price for a better defenseman. Honestly this isn't terribly far off from the McDonaugh deal, just two worse prospects, and didn't feature the Miller-Namestnikov swap(IMO something TB paid more for, but I could be wrong).

I think the Kings did really well, but I've also been of the opinion that Muzzin was maybe the leagues most overrated defenseman for some time now, so that factors in heavily.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think it’s really fair for both sides

Good on LA for finally accepting they need to rebuild

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think that'd be the rental price for a better defenseman. Honestly this isn't terribly far off from the McDonaugh deal, just two worse prospects, and didn't feature the Miller-Namestnikov swap(IMO something TB paid more for, but I could be wrong).

I think the Kings did really well, but I've also been of the opinion that Muzzin was maybe the leagues most overrated defenseman for some time now, so that factors in heavily.

I think where we disagree is on our opinion of Muzzin, I think he’s a legit top pair Dman and at $4M with another year left should have a ton of value. He’s managed to look really good this season on a team that’s a trainwreck.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think where we disagree is on our opinion of Muzzin, I think he’s a legit top pair Dman and at $4M with another year left should have a ton of value. He’s managed to look really good this season on a team that’s a trainwreck.

Yep that's definitely where we disagree lol. I've never thought that highly of him, but to each his own.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Muzzin has produced 40 points 3 times in his career & is a lock for 74+ games played.
This year Muzzin is only being used in offensive zone starts at 43% of his zone starts but his CF% is 50.5%
If Fowler is a top pairing guy, then so is Muzzin.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Muzzin has produced 40 points 3 times in his career & is a lock for 74+ games played.
This year Muzzin is only being used in offensive zone starts at 43% of his zone starts but his CF% is 50.5%
If Fowler is a top pairing guy, then so is Muzzin.

Yeah possession stats by themselves aren't the best evaluation tool but Muzzin is putting up ridiculous possession numbers this season given where the Kings possession numbers are. It's him and not Doughty that's been taking the tough matchups also.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah possession stats by themselves aren't the best evaluation tool but Muzzin is putting up ridiculous possession numbers this season given where the Kings possession numbers are. It's him and not Doughty that's been taking the tough matchups also.
Which means the Kings won't be possessing the Puck until next season after the trade.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Count me as someone who thinks LA sold low on a top 4 D signed to an extra year. I don’t expect Grundstrom to be anything special if he even makes the nhl, same with Durzi. And that first may basically be a 2nd. I’d be pissed if we made that deal for any of our guys.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
A thing to note about Grundstrom:

He had almost the same amount of points in less games in his draft -1 year in SHL than Lundestrom.
He actually had 1 more point than Lundestrom in draft year, but played slightly more games.

Just a thing to keep in mind when projecting Lundestrom ;)
PS
I do think Lundy has more value only if because he is a center. But their production have been pretty damn similar

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
my take on the Muzzin trade is it's not awful, but personally I don't think it was good enough to pull the trigger on now. I would have held onto him for a better deal closer to deadline.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Much like you guys always pass us in the 2nd half of the season to take the division, you're gunning to out-tank us in the 2nd half of this year. Got to get worse now so we can make sure that doesn't happen.

As for the 1st being low, it is funny that a low 1st is basically a high 2nd but a high 2nd gets talked about like a low 1st. It's another decent bite at the apple for a team that will not be contending anytime soon and especially not during the remainder of Muzzin's deal.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Much like you guys always pass us in the 2nd half of the season to take the division, you're gunning to out-tank us in the 2nd half of this year. Got to get worse now so we can make sure that doesn't happen.

As for the 1st being low, it is funny that a low 1st is basically a high 2nd but a high 2nd gets talked about like a low 1st. It's another decent bite at the apple for a team that will not be contending anytime soon and especially not during the remainder of Muzzin's deal.
Tank commander Carlyle would like a word with Rob Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad