Around The League 2018-19 Offseason edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There’s likely more pressure on Lou to keep him now than there was with any of our UFA’s. Lou doesn’t have tenure there. It won’t cost him his job or anything, but it might already be one dent against him on his resume with the ownership group. A lot of our prized assets left under Lou’s watch, though, not all of them were his fault and losing them was for the best all along. I don’t any were as important as Tavares is for the Islanders. Maybe Nieder was, but we had #30 to absorb that.

It's not even so much that...he's 76 and didn't exactly go there to rebuild (neither did Trotz for that matter). That's a rebuild or should be without JT, but it won't be so he'll have to take some huge risks there.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Come on, guy. Reaves for that money is just stupidity. I don’t care how much flexibility you have on your cap.

Reactions: nugg
Feb 2, 2009
Manalapan, NJ
Lou went the Isles because there were desperate and gave him absolute power.

msS0CHv_d.jpg

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It's not even so much that...he's 76 and didn't exactly go there to rebuild (neither did Trotz for that matter). That's a rebuild or should be without JT, but it won't be so he'll have to take some huge risks there.

I know Lou had nothing to do with it but they had an A+ draft

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I mean, he is a rare breed in this league. Not many of them left around anymore. Goons are on the endangered species list in the NHL and he's one of the few left.:laugh:

He's going to look so threatening in the press box that nobody will dare take a run at his teammates.

Reactions: nugg

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

If a player feels betrayed by an organization because he signed a below market deal and they did nothing with it...he would absolutely string them along. Because that is basically what they did to them

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
TENSIONS IN OUR LIVES THAT ARE DESTROYING OUR MINDS!

If that’s what they call normal then I’d rather be insane!!!!!

My best friend, who you know, lives in the same area where Jesse Michaels now lives. Not sure if he lives there anymore. He used to run into Jesse and became friendly with him. They went to lunch a few times and hung out. Jesse is apparently always psyched to talk Operation Ivy, but I’ve heard that Tim Armstrong is usually a dick to people who bother him about Op ivy and would rather talk about Rancid, The Transplants and every other project he’s done. He’s always struck me that way in interviews, too and it’s been corroborated by others accounts who I’ve met, who have talked to him. Not sure how Matt Freeman reacts towards people wanting to chat Op Ivy instead of Rancid and his other acts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad