Around The League 2018-19 Offseason edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The local word here in Tampa is that if they can sign Tavares, they will look to deal Kucherov (lol). I understand that he would bring back a kings randsom of futures (to save against the Cap), but Kucherov should be the last player they look to trade.

frankiedue

Jan 23, 2007
Springfield, NJ
The local word here in Tampa is that if they can sign Tavares, they will look to deal Kucherov (lol). I understand that he would bring back a kings randsom of futures (to save against the Cap), but Kucherov should be the last player they look to trade.

That makes absolutely no sense. Why would they trade away their best player? They could just trade away Tyler Johnson or JT Miller.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
That makes absolutely no sense. Why would they trade away their best player? They could just trade away Tyler Johnson or JT Miller.

I agree. Maybe because they know Kuch is going to ask/get a contract that will equal or surpass those 2 players all by himself?

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US

99% sure they’d deal Tyler Johnson if they got Tavares. Might be a good buy-low opportunity for a center, send them picks/cost controlled prospects in return.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Yzerman would be hella-zonked to trade Kucherov to accommodate Tavares. If he even has to trade anyone of value it will only be a further testament of why you don’t hand out term and or dollars to guys like Braydon Coburn and Ryan Callahan a few years back. He also gave Matt Carle a bad contract which he got out from under.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
anyone wanna take a chance on matt moulson? lol

also, apparently derrick pouliot wasn't qualified an offer

3rd, daniel carr is now a free agent too. 26 yr old undrafted LW from the habs. his #s don't look bad, though he hasn't played a full season.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012

Lulz. God, the Senators are a dumpster fire.

GTFO Burrows.

Wow. That really happened? How could I miss that back when it happened? Five veterans came up and hugged the GM for acquiring Burrows? That’s one of the dumbest hockey related things I’ve read in a long time. I hope players hug the GM after he acquires useful players.

Reactions: mtnet

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
anyone wanna take a chance on matt moulson? lol
He’d be okay on a one year or PTO deal. Better than Jimmy Hayes. He’s had hella-low ice time the last couple years so maybe he still has something left. Could be like Stempniak was in Shero’s first year or he could be like Jiri Tlusty from Shero’s first year.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
talk about not aging well, woof

was a laughable quote from day one, now it just looks bizarre in retrospect
I’d be embarrassed to wear my team’s logo that night if my GM went out and got that scumbucket Burrows. Remember when Lou apparently tried to acquire him and he refused to waive his NTC to come to the NJD? Good riddance. Don’t think any of us wanted him either.

Reactions: mtnet

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Like I said, i'd consider helping them out by eating Callahan's last 2 years if they gave us Johnson. Heck, I'd even throw them a 7th round pick!

dzubrus8

Jun 15, 2014
To fill in the hole at RW would you take on Ryan Callahan if he came with Tyler Johnson?

Something like: Tyler Johnson and Ryan Callahan for Brian Boyle and 2019 2nd?

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
To fill in the hole at RW would you take on Ryan Callahan if he came with Tyler Johnson?

I'm not sure it would take the 2nd, but if necessary, I'd do it. Too bad our 3rd from the Ducks is conditional (on Henrique re-signing there). I'd offer that.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012

Ultimately, Tampa is in our conference, and there's a good chance that our hopes of winning another Cup will go through them. So I don't want to do them any favors in their quest to turn into a super team. So they more or less have to give us Tyler Johnson and I might just as well take our chances with McLeod. And to take Callahan, they're giving us their best prospect.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Well, if Johnson is to be a cap casualty, we should know by Saturday as he has a NTC that kicks in on 7/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad