Around Hockey XXV (All Non-Jackets Hockey Talk Here)

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Can’t believe I still have this game on.

Oilers up 5-1. They hit Stolarz. There is a scrum. Panthers are just protecting the goalie. 5 on 3 given to Edmonton. The Panthers gave McDavid some shots but McDavid had knocked a Panther off the Oiler who had been messing with goalie. I probably would have sent 4 guys off - 2 from each team.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
That's what (we) get for hyping up the Panthers as champion before it's all over. Absolutely all media was "Panthers have basically won it now". NHL.com had a Conn Smythe Barkov vs Bobrovsky. The CBJ fan/Finn/pessimist in me (take your pick) knew that this was going to bite us.

I think this could be a series yet. McDavid got going. Draisaitl got going. Oilers PP got going. They broke Bob.

I didn't bet enough when it was 3-0...

The question being asked at my house:

I know one reason: Her favorite player scored or she won a bet or something. I was cheering like that earlier this season when Maccelli (Finn) scored for Arizona against the CBJ - in my CBJ jersey. Must've looked out of place if anybody was looking. :D

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That's what (we) get for hyping up the Panthers as champion before it's all over. Absolutely all media was "Panthers have basically won it now". NHL.com had a Conn Smythe Barkov vs Bobrovsky. The CBJ fan/Finn/pessimist in me (take your pick) knew that this was going to bite us.

I think this could be a series yet. McDavid got going. Draisaitl got going. Oilers PP got going. They broke Bob.

I didn't bet enough when it was 3-0...

I know one reason: Her favorite player scored or she won a bet or something. I was cheering like that earlier this season when Maccelli (Finn) scored for Arizona against the CBJ - in my CBJ jersey. Must've looked out of place if anybody was looking. :D
The panthers will be fine.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Even though he is the main reason why I'm rooting for the Panthers, I'm thinking Bob shouldn't start game 6. I'm not sure if he's tired or what. It just looks like he never fully settled down last night.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Even though he is the main reason why I'm rooting for the Panthers, I'm thinking Bob shouldn't start game 6. I'm not sure if he's tired or what. It just looks like he never fully settled down last night.
Sitting Bob with only a max 2 games left in the season in favor of Anthony Stolarz when trying to win the cup would be the dumbest move ever by Florida and they would deserve to lose.

As the saying goes, “dance with who brought ya”

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Washington will still be competitive for about 2-3 years, but I can’t wait to see how he reacts to being on an absolute dog shit team. It’ll be great

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Washington will still be competitive for about 2-3 years, but I can’t wait to see how he reacts to being on an absolute dog shit team. It’ll be great
This is what he said to the Athletic last year
To me, it was, ‘You only have one career. You only live once,’” he says. “If we’re rebuilding and not making the playoffs for the three years that I’m here, it’s going to be tough and frustrating.”
He said this in response to a question why he didn’t want to sign with the Jackets because he saw a rebuild in the near future
You are right, it will be delightful to watch

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm legit tempted to post the following in the PLD trade mains thread:
Hypothetical Viqsi said:
A general announcement to Caps fans here: In light of this decision and in solidarity with another fanbase that will have to suffer PLD, HFCBJ is willing to extend to any of you who ask political asylum and refugee status. You can even keep your old rivalries and in-division hates. The only prerequisite is that you have to swear to condemn and despise Tom Wilson.

Reactions: Ice9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad