Value of: Armia

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Good question, not a 1st, unless he's got 30 goals in by the TDL, which is doubtful.

He's a pretty good, defensively responsible veteran.

Could be in demand by then, he just needs to stay fit and work hard, then maybe a contender puts up.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Armia was a beast in the second half of last season and he needs a new contract. He's going to fetch a first round draft pick at the TDL.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Yet, HF didn't see it coming. "You'd be lucky to have a 3rd" they said.

Now Armia, he needs to play well because he's been an up and down player. I don't know what Armia we are getting next year. If we're getting the same we got last year after being called back from the AHL, a 2nd would be a good deal for both teams.
I'm confused.

is Armia a center and who's main problem is injury issues? injuries heal and perhaps Monahan's injury days or over or he's gotten lucky. Players usually don't gain consistency and a work ethic at 31 years old.

And to be honest you were probably were worried about Monahan's health just as everyone else on HF boards. I doubt you "saw it coming".

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I came in thinking someone was saying “what can Armia return?”

Then people say a 2nd or B prospect and then Habs fans saying no way.

Then everyone agrees he’s just worth more to the Habs than as a trade asset.

I was wrong. What is this.
This is Slafy ruining a potentially interesting topic by throwing out an insane trade value that *everyone with any sense* disagrees with.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Yet, HF didn't see it coming. "You'd be lucky to have a 3rd" they said.

Now Armia, he needs to play well because he's been an up and down player. I don't know what Armia we are getting next year. If we're getting the same we got last year after being called back from the AHL, a 2nd would be a good deal for both teams.
I do think Armia retained will absolutely have positive value. I just don't see him alone fetching a first but who the f*** knows.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Armia was a beast in the second half of last season and he needs a new contract. He's going to fetch a first round draft pick at the TDL.

Lehkonen kind of steal for some team :naughty: (probably not though). Lehkonen anyway turned out to be pretty good trade for Colorado. Imagine Colorado taking Armia as well and winning the cup as a result.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Lehkonen kind of steal for some team :naughty: (probably not though). Lehkonen anyway turned out to be pretty good trade for Colorado. Imagine Colorado taking Armia as well and winning the cup as a result.

They won the cup without Armia. What a daft comment.

Seriously though, Armia is the kind of guy that could be a nice fit on the Avs. But his salary is too high for what he is and Hughes will soon be using Seravelli to elevate Armia’s value. The Avs won’t likely be in on that. They can get a similar sack of potatoes elsewhere without paying the Hughes-Seravelli premium.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Good question, not a 1st, unless he's got 30 goals in by the TDL, which is doubtful.

He's a pretty good, defensively responsible veteran.

Could be in demand by then, he just needs to stay fit and work hard, then maybe a contender puts up.

Considering Armia's career high is the 17 goals he scored last year, I would use the phrase "virtually impossible" instead of "doubtful". ;)

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
They won the cup without Armia. What a daft comment.

Seriously though, Armia is the kind of guy that could be a nice fit on the Avs. But his salary is too high for what he is and Hughes will soon be using Seravelli to elevate Armia’s value. The Avs won’t likely be in on that. They can get a similar sack of potatoes elsewhere without paying the Hughes-Seravelli premium.
Lol what’s the link with Seavalli?

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Florida will pick him up at the deadline retained.

Can completely dominate a shift when he is "on".

Has always had all the tools, but very inconsistent. His game is built for the offseason. Toronto could for sure use him..

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Lol what’s the link with Seavalli?

Hughes uses (or maybe Hugheses is a better word?) Seravelli to inflate the trade value of a player by constantly talking about it on air to a point where he speaks it in to existence.

A first for Armia will be tough with that salary and only one retention slot. But Hugh can bet Hughes will certainly try. And even though this might be an ugly dynamic, it’s not a criticism. More so the opposite. Hughes is doing what Id want I’m to do if I were a Habs fan. I just also know it’s going to be tedious when the season starts and Seravelli will be on the half time show of every home game of a Canadian team talking about Habs players at the trade deadline.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Hughes uses (or maybe Hugheses is a better word?) Seravelli to inflate the trade value of a player by constantly talking about it on air to a point where he speaks it in to existence.

A first for Armia will be tough with that salary and only one retention slot. But Hugh can bet Hughes will certainly try. And even though this might be an ugly dynamic, it’s not a criticism. More so the opposite. Hughes is doing what Id want I’m to do if I were a Habs fan. I just also know it’s going to be tedious when the season starts and Seravelli will be on the half time show of every home game of a Canadian team talking about Habs players at the trade deadline.
That's awesome! I had a feeling he had the media doing his bidding. I suspect there is some truth to it.

But Armia for a 1st? Come on man... No one can will that into existence. lol

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

I think Savard is the guy that gets pumped up value this year and is retained on. Dvorak, since he’s a center is the 2nd candidate if Savard is injured at deadline time.

Reactions: pth2

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think Savard is the guy that gets pumped up value this year and is retained on. Dvorak, since he’s a center is the 2nd candidate if Savard is injured at deadline time.
Dvorak has the most potential (with retention) so long as he's healthy. I think Savard will get a 2nd with retention unless he has an above average year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad