Value of: Armia

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Depends on witch Armia he will be this year.
Last year he had a really good season after being send to the AHL.
But he started the season playing lazy.

Let's say he's playing like he finished the year at the deadline 50% retained might get you a late 2nd.
If he plays like he did the 2 years before, no team will want him at the deadline.

Reactions: HabsQC

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Lol this thread makes us look so bad, but as some have said, his season will dictate the value he fetches (if any). A very good season and who knows.... But I don't see it.

At this point in time, I could see a 4th. No retention.

With a good season, maybe it gets to a 2nd with retention to boost the value?

A first would be crazy.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
You’ll get laugh at but... He’d get a first if he plays the whole season like last year. Which would be no small feat and I don’t expect it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scintillating10

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Yup, they say that every year about our pending UFA. But it is only this board. I don't know the reason?? Lack of knowledge I suspect.

Common sense tells me a good defensive vet who can chip in 20 goals on cheap contract worth a lot at deadline.
he never scored 20 goals in his career. never.

Reactions: dgibb10

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
I suspect he will be showcased this year, he will fill that top 6 spot besides Dach as a thank you for his attitude and break out last year, and to cash on that rebirth. Also, being on his last year of contract, teams at TDL will be all over him. But I don't see a 1st coming back. A 2nd is a strong possibility if he keeps it up.

Reactions: jrom

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Chiarot and the role he plays is typical for a first at the deadline and Monahan rebounded a lot and makes sense too. This isn't Joel Armia of 5 seasons ago. He'd have to have a very good start to be worth even a very late first.

He had a career high in goals last year fwiw

They won't get a first unless there's some series of events that lead to it (IE the sellers market of all sellers market) but he did perform quite well after being sent down.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I think that fans need to take into account the fact that Montreal will have a ton of cap room at the TDL, so dealing Armia will not be the only move. He can be dealt as a good 3rd liner to a team looking to make other moves for basically a net negative cap hit. Montreal can take back an expiring contract at even double his cap hit allowing them to shop for a top player as well That alone probably would be worth a 2nd and a 3rd to a contender, getting Armia for free and clearing 4M for another move..

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I think if he has another season like last year, you may get a 2nd with full retention. I also dont think he going to repeat last season and you end up with more in The range of a 4th.

But you also only have 1 retention spot left... armia likely isnt the place theyll use it. You have Savard, Dvorak, Evans, and Armia as expiring contracts.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think if he has another season like last year, you may get a 2nd with full retention. I also dont think he going to repeat last season and you end up with more in The range of a 4th.

But you also only have 1 retention spot left... armia likely isnt the place theyll use it. You have Savard, Dvorak, Evans, and Armia as expiring contracts.

I'm expecting them to re-sign Evans unless he prices himself out.

Don't see him traded until we have an internal replacement.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Armia gets a first at the TDL only if the Habs add Anderson as sweetener. 😉

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Armia isn't getting a 1st even with retention. Habs will probably just keep him and use their final retention slot on someone else to dump.
anthony mantha who had more goals, assists and points last year in ten less games than armia before he was traded (also 50 percent retained) didnt get a first.
This is a strange comparison. Mantha is an offensive player while Armia is a defensive player. But yes Armia won't get a 1st.

Reactions: CDN24

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
He had a career high in goals last year fwiw

They won't get a first unless there's some series of events that lead to it (IE the sellers market of all sellers market) but he did perform quite well after being sent down.
A career high of 17 goals, at 31yrs of age and almost a decade in the league mate.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I don't mean just size. The guy is an absolute beast at shielding the puck and has very good hands.
Have to agree he’s is a beast at shielding the puck, usually keeping it away from him linemates cause he has zero playmaking skills or vision and 72. games a year he keeps it out of the oppositions net.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
No way Armia is worth a 1st - salary retained or not retained.
Yes he was good in the 2nd half of last season, but he remains incredibly
inconsistent. He was sent down twice last year and cleared waivers both times.
Maybe he fetches a 3rd at the trade deadline. Maybe to a playoff team with a shitty PK

Reactions: BlackFrancis

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
He’s worth a 3rd to a contender at 50% retained on a normal season. 2nd round pick if he approches 20goals like last year .

He will never be worth a 1st.

Reactions: pth2

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I assume the Habs only retention slot will be used to try and get a first for Savard.

Armia will need to get moved with 3d party retention, which lowers his value. I expect a 3d rounder, if he's healthy, and maybe that becomes a 2nd if he's having a great year. A first just isn't a possibility IMO.

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Could Montreal get a first for Armia at Deadline, 50% retained. Excellent defensively and 16 goals. Good mid liner for cup team.
Not likely. But, if he performs the first half of next season the way he did the last half of last season, and the Habs are willing to retain and/or take on a bad salary, who knows. We all know that there was no way Montreal was going to recoup a first for Monahan until they did. We all knew they weren't going to get a 1st for Chiarot until they did. Right situation to the right GM, you never know. But I'll still guess no.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Armia is not getting a first, even with 50% retention. Besides, the Habs will probably not retain on Armia anyway, as they only have one retention spot left for this season, and it will garner a better return with Savard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad