Value of: Armia

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Trade deadline value doubles, sometimes triples. Monahan be example.

Same teams could have signed Monahan last summer for free. Paid a first at deadline
Perhaps. MTL certainly seems to be on easy mode when it comes to getting value out of spare parts. That being said I certainly wouldn't give up anything of value for Armia. I'd take him for free or on waivers though.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
They won the cup without Armia. What a daft comment.

Yes, but their team isn't the same as back in the cup winning days. They've lost players and they need to find some good fits to replace them. Colorado doesn't have Kadri, Donskoi and I could go on. Loosing some of that depth kind of matters and sometimes you don't replace them with the right pieces and coinsidence or not, Colorado didn't win the cup in the last few years. Keeping the superstars isn't always enough.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Yes, but their team isn't the same as back in the cup winning days. They've lost players and they need to find some good fits to replace them. Colorado doesn't have Kadri, Donskoi and I could go on. Loosing some of that depth kind of matters and sometimes you don't replace them with the right pieces and coinsidence or not, Colorado didn't win the cup in the last few years. Keeping the superstars isn't always enough.

Like I said previously, he could be a good fit on the Avs. The Avs pro scouts have been pretty adroit. Maybe they think there’s more offensive potential if playing for Colorado like has been the case with Lehkonen? The uncertainty with Landeskog and Nichushkin might have the Avs considering Armia or someone like him.

However, if Seravelli is on tv during game 1 talking about Armia as a trade target, it’s doubtful the Avs would be the team because that would signal that Hughes is working hard to drive up his value. In that scenario, it would more likely be a similar player. I also think he is overpaid so that might be an issue.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Like I said previously, he could be a good fit on the Avs. The Avs pro scouts have been pretty adroit. Maybe they think there’s more offensive potential if playing for Colorado like has been the case with Lehkonen? The uncertainty with Landeskog and Nichushkin might have the Avs considering Armia or someone like him.

However, if Seravelli is on tv during game 1 talking about Armia as a trade target, it’s doubtful the Avs would be the team because that would signal that Hughes is working hard to drive up his value. In that scenario, it would more likely be a similar player. I also think he is overpaid so that might be an issue.
So Servelli is an Avs announcer in the pocket of Hughes? lol

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
So Servelli is an Avs announcer in the pocket of Hughes? lol

Are you surprised thats how the hame is played? Its interesring how last year Seravelli identified Grier as one of the worst GMs in the league. Why Grier and not Hughes? Each inherited a mess and is trying to rebuild. As such neither has a noteworthy accomplishment over the other. So what makes Grier so much worse than Hughes? The fact that Seravelli was constantly talking about Montreal trade targets and was practically never talking about San Jose trade targets is purely coincidental?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Are you surprised thats how the hame is played? Its interesring how last year Seravelli identified Grier as one of the worst GMs in the league. Why Grier and not Hughes? Each inherited a mess and is trying to rebuild. As such neither has a noteworthy accomplishment over the other. So what makes Grier so much worse than Hughes? The fact that Seravelli was constantly talking about Montreal trade targets and was practically never talking about San Jose trade targets is purely coincidental?
Why would you even consider Hughes as worst GM? His deft trades for 1st round picks including multiple 1st for Money was a masterclass in GMing during a rebuild.

As for Grier... don't know but it should have anything to do with the Habs. As for Habs trade targets, i don't think that puts him in Hughes pocket. Its so random.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I wonder if Armia could be a fit in Edmonton as a Holloway replacement. If 50% 3d party retention for just one season is possible, he'd be affordable, and the asset cost to Montreal might be negligible, and this would help free up roster space in Montreal.

Edmonton gets a solid bottom 6 winger who performs in the playoffs without causing cap issues for the new McDrai contracts, Montreal looks to a reclamation project to fill out the roster, hoping to find a 25 year old who can grow into a role over time, a 3d team gets a pick for cap space they weren't going to use anyhow. I guess the issue is if Edmonton can get that 3d party retention for a 3d rounder or less.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Why would you even consider Hughes as worst GM? His deft trades for 1st round picks including multiple 1st for Money was a masterclass in GMing during a rebuild.

As for Grier... don't know but it should have anything to do with the Habs. As for Habs trade targets, i don't think that puts him in Hughes pocket. Its so random.

I dont consider either to be bottom 5 GMs. We simply dont know with either. You have to give them time to see how the draft picks and coaching decisions work out.

Seravellis thing with Grier seems punitive though. Otherwise, its out of left field.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I dont consider either to be bottom 5 GMs. We simply dont know with either. You have to give them time to see how the draft picks and coaching decisions work out.

Seravellis thing with Grier seems punitive though. Otherwise, its out of left field.
If he comes out with an article promoting the virtues of Christian Dvorak or Jayden Struble / Harris, then you know he's in Hughes back pocket. ;)

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
If he comes out with an article promoting the virtues of Christian Dvorak or Jayden Struble / Harris, then you know he's in Hughes back pocket. ;)

Its more of a quid pro quo thing. Its transactional. Hughes gives him information, Seravelli brings it to the media ecosystem with the end result being what both want. Seravelli has content and Hughes is investing in maximizing trade value. Wins for both.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
It's the first thing I thought too when we played the Avs last year. I thought he's a guy that could fit them very well. If they could turn Drouin's career around, they could do well with Armia.

In any case, this won't happen until the deadline. Hopefully for Armia he can build upon what he did last season. I'm not entirely sure we'd like to trade him anyway, he's a big body and extremely good on puck protection. Aside from Slafkovsky and Dach (but he plays center) we don't really have much of these skills.

Reactions: Mestaruus

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
It's the first thing I thought too when we played the Avs last year. I thought he's a guy that could fit them very well. If they could turn Drouin's career around, they could do well with Armia.

In any case, this won't happen until the deadline. Hopefully for Armia he can build upon what he did last season. I'm not entirely sure we'd like to trade him anyway, he's a big body and extremely good on puck protection. Aside from Slafkovsky and Dach (but he plays center) we don't really have much of these skills.

FWIW, in 2022 it was being reported that the Avs were also scouting Armia when they were scouting Lehkonen.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Its more of a quid pro quo thing. Its transactional. Hughes gives him information, Seravelli brings it to the media ecosystem with the end result being what both want. Seravelli has content and Hughes is investing in maximizing trade value. Wins for both.
That's just genius if true.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
FWIW, in 2022 it was being reported that the Avs were also scouting Armia when they were scouting Lehkonen.
Armia is an enigma. He has size, great hands, good shot and is talented. On the flipside he lacks IQ, drive / consistency and has below average speed.

You just expect more when you watch him play.

Didn’t I say it wasn’t a criticism?
One man't criticism is another's genius.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad