Value of: Armia

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah, a good back half of last year isn’t going to garner him a first.

That said, he’s a useful player who can fit in a lot of line-ups, has the size and versatility to play in the post-season and retained, he is a perfectly fine short-term rental so unlike many of the Habs potential “move on” players…I think the idea that he will draw interest and have some value come February or March has legs. As long as he keeps being good as he was from like mid-January on last season.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Joel Armia cleared waivers multiple times last year to give you a sense of his value

Reactions: HabsQC

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Which Armia shows up this year? After Christmas? It would take a season for the ages for him to be viewed as someone who would make a clear difference on any team aspiring to win the Cup and be worthy of a first round pick. He'll try to score more this year which may up his value at the deadline.

Reactions: jfhabs

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Joel Armia cleared waivers multiple times last year to give you a sense of his value

Nobody wants him at full salary for two years. But with a couple months remaining on his deal in real money and perhaps some retainage from the Habs side, if he sustains his play from January on? Sure, he could have some trade value. Plenty of guys have been through waivers and then later dealt for positive assets. A 1st is an absurd thought though for sure.

Reactions: BLNY

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Nobody wants him at full salary for two years. But with a couple months remaining on his deal in real money and perhaps some retainage from the Habs side, if he sustains his play from January on? Sure, he could have some trade value. Plenty of guys have been through waivers and then later dealt for positive assets. A 1st is an absurd thought though for sure.
Agreed. And the only way a first is possible if it was Armia and Habs 2nd for a late first.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
his value will be determined by his production/ performance between now and tdl. As of today, he has no value.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I'm loving these "if" trade threads.

Think I'll start a "if Huberdeau is at a 100pt pace at the deadline will he be tradeable?" or "If Trouba plays like a 1st pairing defenseman would he get a 1st at the TDL".

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
He's a great playoffs style player who's too expensive to be bought by a playoff team.

Someone will take him at the deadline, he'll likely cost more than most people expect.

I say most people because most people realize he's not worth a 1st. A third is far more likely but with his contract, there might not be a suitor who'd pay that. A 4th and a 6th seems more what someone would pay.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
He's a great playoffs style player who's too expensive to be bought by a playoff team.

Someone will take him at the deadline, he'll likely cost more than most people expect.

I say most people because most people realize he's not worth a 1st. A third is far more likely but with his contract, there might not be a suitor who'd pay that. A 4th and a 6th seems more what someone would pay.

If hes not worth his AAV, why would teams pay for retention? They're supppsed to pay Montreal for their bad contract?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I'm loving these "if" trade threads.

Think I'll start a "if Huberdeau is at a 100pt pace at the deadline will he be tradeable?" or "If Trouba plays like a 1st pairing defenseman would he get a 1st at the TDL".
At least those 2 things have happened in the past, Armia has never put it together for a whole season

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
At least those 2 things have happened in the past, Armia has never put it together for a whole season
angels-outfield.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
Joel Armia might get us a 2-3rd pick if he has a decent season.

Now Mario Armia is for sure a 1st round pick, let's be reality.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
1st is tough. At his best armia Is a solid 3rd/4th liner on a contending team. I think habs have to add a touch more to land a 1st.

I love armia. He's a puck possession beast. So underrated and any contender would love his game as long as he's dialed in, which hasn't always been the case.

I could see him somewhere out west. Would fit nice with Dallas. EDM too would be a great fit.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
1st is tough. At his best armia Is a solid 3rd/4th liner on a contending team. I think habs have to add a touch more to land a 1st.

I love armia. He's a puck possession beast. So underrated and any contender would love his game as long as he's dialed in, which hasn't always been the case.

I could see him somewhere out west. Would fit nice with Dallas. EDM too would be a great fit.
I think there is a chance. If Armia can stay healthy

Reactions: HabzSauce

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
GMs were suckered into paying a 1st for Monahan and Chiarot. Maybe they will learn from those mistakes and not pay premium for a bad player to "support" your team in the playoffs. More likely, someone will pay a 1st for Armia, he'll put up a point in a disappointing playoff run with his new team, and we'll be back here in a couple of years and discuss if the Habs will get a first for David Savard.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
GMs were suckered into paying a 1st for Monahan and Chiarot. Maybe they will learn from those mistakes and not pay premium for a bad player to "support" your team in the playoffs. More likely, someone will pay a 1st for Armia, he'll put up a point in a disappointing playoff run with his new team, and we'll be back here in a couple of years and discuss if the Habs will get a first for David Savard.
You won't have to wait a couple of years for the Savard debate as he's a UFA end of season so those threads will start soon

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
I came in thinking someone was saying “what can Armia return?”

Then people say a 2nd or B prospect and then Habs fans saying no way.

Then everyone agrees he’s just worth more to the Habs than as a trade asset.

I was wrong. What is this.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I would be interested in Armia to Anaheim. Though only if they are giving him away for free. Our right handed depth is lacking.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Monahan is a center. Chiarot while a LHD is still a Dman that plays a game dinosaur GMs love.
Yet, HF didn't see it coming. "You'd be lucky to have a 3rd" they said.

Now Armia, he needs to play well because he's been an up and down player. I don't know what Armia we are getting next year. If we're getting the same we got last year after being called back from the AHL, a 2nd would be a good deal for both teams.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
If Armia actually had a brain he would be worth a first easily. Amazing tools, but no toolbox. He's big and good on the cycle, and caused havoc with Staal and Perry in the Habs cup run.

I don't think that Tampa will be giving firsts for any more 3rd line grinders so probably best to hope for a 2nd/3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad