Speculation: Armchair GM Thread - Looking to the offseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Oh, for f***s sake...

Granlund (assuming the Canucks would have no interest in Johansen or Duchene), plus Fabbro (Canucks will definitely want homeboy Fabbro), and Tomasino? Sound about right?

Nothing against Bo Horvat per se, but I would not want him at $8M for 8 years. And the only way you pay that trade package price is if you plan on keeping the player long-term. He picked a good time to have a career year, I will give him that. But you can't take that player on that contract in our situation. Not even if you were picking him up "for free" as a UFA, never mind with the trade pieces added in.

But if Poile called him and said, hey, would you take Ryan Johansen for him... ok. Make the call. But it's not happening either. :thumbu:

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Wonder if Poile wants to capitalize on Tomasino while he still has value. Lord knows under Hynes, his value will plummet over the next few years.

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
We should be going after jt miller if were talking to the canucks.

But hopefully we do not make a trade where we are buyers

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Granlund (assuming the Canucks would have no interest in Johansen or Duchene), plus Fabbro (Canucks will definitely want homeboy Fabbro), and Tomasino? Sound about right?

Nothing against Bo Horvat per se, but I would not want him at $8M for 8 years. And the only way you pay that trade package price is if you plan on keeping the player long-term. He picked a good time to have a career year, I will give him that. But you can't take that player on that contract in our situation. Not even if you were picking him up "for free" as a UFA, never mind with the trade pieces added in.

But if Poile called him and said, hey, would you take Ryan Johansen for him... ok. Make the call. But it's not happening either. :thumbu:
Wow that would be the type of overpayment I’d expect

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Yeah, none of those trades sound good to me, idk I don't want to overpay for another good player in their late 20's having a career year to come over here when we're not even a safe bet to make the playoffs.

Don't want to waste Josi, Forsberg and Saros' prime, but if we're not contending then what's the point?

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
No one the Canucks interests me outside of Pettersson

I hope this is just rumor. In my opinion the last thing this team needs is another 8 year 8$M contract.

Bo Horvat won’t make this team a Stanley Cup contender. That trade just makes the Preds exactly what they are right now for a longer period of time.
Exactly 2023 Horvat is like 2016 Johansen ...

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Horvat and Boeser have been linked to about every team in the league now. Neother is coming to Nashville without a bad contract going back the other way.
Well, in fairness Horvat's Cap hit this year is only $5.5M, which is like only $1.5M at the deadline? So we could actually take him without sending a bad contract back the other way... purely as a rental, though.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Horvat checks all the blocks

Only gotten 60+ points once
Having a career year during a contract year
Trading for him and paying him money seems like an error we would do.

If the bulk of the return is granlund or joey im all for it. Otherwise i have no interest

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
Not another Myers...
Myers wasn’t that bad for us. I actually liked his game. He was a Cody Franson type but who was better at skating. Which was Cody’s downfall. He just needed playing time. Which Tampa can afford to not to give him.

Last edited:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Myers wasn’t that bad for us. I actually liked his game. He was a Cody Franson type but who was better at skating. Which was Cody’s downfall. He just needed playing time. Which Tampa can afford to not to give him.
Surely you're not suggesting that he's another one that got away or something. He's in the AHL now.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Surely you're not suggesting that he's another one that got away or something. He's in the AHL now.
I dont think Myers looked THAT bad in Nashville. We've iced worse looking players. He wasnt worth his contract and i dont really care about trading him. McDonagh is better, Ellis is broken, and Glass is contributing so i think the trades involving him worked out in our favor.

Kindof funny the only player currently playing in the NHL from the Ellis trade 3 way is Glass.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Player Headshot

TYLER MYERS | #57​

D | 6' 8" | 229 lb | Age: 32 | Vancouver Canucks
For clarification

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Fabbro for Myers would be the kind of deal I could see the team making. Especially if the Canucks retained $2M on Myers. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad