Speculation: Armchair GM - Offseason Thread (Summer Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
Any idea on why there is no press conference???

Edit: Just seeing Compher to the Red Wings. Maybe Jarmo was in on him and unable to do the press conference as he was getting close to signing???
I don't assume we were in on any UFAs other than maybe a vet goalie. I do assume Jarmo has been working on trades today. Until Calgary signs Lindholm, I think that is Jarmo's main focus.

Reactions: wdkennedy27

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
@CBJWerenski8 - Thanks for serving as the defacto host for this live thread. It was a good companion with the TSN FA Frenzy show.
If only twitter wasn’t broken. It would have been a lot more enjoyable. But glad I can assist those who don’t use social media. I always enjoy doing this

And shoutout to all those who post tweets as well. It’s not just me keeping everyone updated.

Reactions: Viqsi and Cowumbus

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Any idea on why there is no press conference???

Edit: Just seeing Compher to the Red Wings. Maybe Jarmo was in on him and unable to do the press conference as he was getting close to signing???
They did a presser at 4. They just didn’t broadcast it anywhere for some reason

Reactions: wdkennedy27

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020

Interesting for Klingberg. I'm not sure what the Leafs are thinking, but that was smart of Klingberg to grab a quick deal and get on that powerplay for one year before the Cap goes up.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Interesting for Klingberg. I'm not sure what the Leafs are thinking, but that was smart of Klingberg to grab a quick deal and get on that powerplay for one year before the Cap goes up.

Last year he took a 1x7M deal and it lead to another 1 year deal.

Klings value has just dropped massively, purely offensive Dman that needs sheltering especially during playoffs.

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
Last year he took a 1x7M deal and it lead to another 1 year deal.

Klings value has just dropped massively, purely offensive Dman that needs sheltering especially during playoffs.
Difference is, this year he didn't wait all summer and chose great powerplay. I wouldn't want him on our squad, but he could really inflate his numbers in Toronto and then get a pretty good deal when the Cap goes up next year. I have no idea why Toronto wanted him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Difference is, this year he didn't wait all summer and chose great powerplay. I wouldn't want him on our squad, but he could really inflate his numbers in Toronto and then get a pretty good deal when the Cap goes up next year. I have no idea why Toronto wanted him.

I just don’t see that working for Klinberg anymore on the market

Next year he’ll be 32y and his reputation is too well known, his shot for big money contract was last year and he blew it

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
I just don’t see that working for Klinberg anymore on the market

Next year he’ll be 32y and his reputation is too well known, his shot for big money contract was last year and he blew it
Yeah maybe. My point was going to Toronto was pretty smart. Still, may not work.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Didn’t see this posted but Babcock dropped a little nugget on his NHL net interview (see it on BlueJackets.com) that they were hoping to have a good day today on adding more leadership to the group.

This comment is around the 2:16 mark.

So they aren’t done and that comment screams veteran. That said I sure hope it comes via trade because we certainly aren’t missing anything on the UFA market thus far.

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
I'm still hoping for Jarmo to pull a rabbit out of his hat and move Elvis. I have an idea of how he could do it, but two other things need to happen first. So there's no point getting everyone worked up.

Didn’t see this posted but Babcock dropped a little nugget on his NHL net interview (see it on BlueJackets.com) that they were hoping to have a good day today on adding more leadership to the group.

This comment is around the 2:16 mark.

So they aren’t done and that comment screams veteran. That said I sure hope it comes via trade because we certainly aren’t missing anything on the UFA market thus far.
He said that in the press conference too.

Reactions: thebus88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad