Proposal: Arizona offersheet Kucherov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Tampa would match and then simply move someone (Filp? Bishop? Lots of options)

Also, I would be stunned if Chayka, who is trying to break into the old boys country clud of NHL GMs, decides to alienate himself in his first off-season by offer-sheeting one of Steve Y's best players.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Not a fan of offer sheets but they are entertaining. Cant see a team offering over 9.3 million. That's insane money.

If I were to do this it would be 7.5 aav for 5 years. Comp is a 1st 2nd and 3rd. Does Tampa match? It will be very hard for them to match that.

Before doing this though I would try to work out a trade with Tampa. Have leverage with an offersheet, pay a little more than the compensation, and not look like a Dbag to the league.

Its divided by 5 years not 7 to get the right offer sheet compensation.

so 7,5 aav for 7 years= 52,5/5= 10,5 aav so 4 1st rounders if im not wrong.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Offer Tampa a trade of picks.
If declined.

1 year 8.5 million

:facepalm:

You do realize that you'd be forced to qualify him at $8.5m when that contract is up, right? If you don't, he becomes a UFA, and walks.

Edit: That's assuming he signs it at all. People forget that players need to actually sign those contracts. Long-term security is nice for a player. You aren't offering him that.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yzerman will match any offer sheet on Kucherov, And he will move Bishop and most likely Filppula before training camp. No reason for Yzerman not to match an offer sheet for one of his best players.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Yzerman will match any offer sheet on Kucherov, And he will move Bishop and most likely Filppula before training camp. No reason for Yzerman not to match an offer sheet for one of his best players.
I agree with the above.

Wow after signing Namstikov TB has peanuts left under the cap, and they still have to sign Kucherov! Something has got to give. My best guess? He has some kind of deal with Dallas that if he can sign Kucherov to a cap hit that only requires him to move Bishop, he will give them Bishop for a few hamburgers. Then Dallas would have to find a home for one of their other two highly paid goalies. Otherwise, I don’t see how this works, which was why I was surprised that they resigned Stamkos. Without him they could have afforded everyone. With him, someone has to go. Then hold onto your hats because Palat and Johnson and Drouin all need to get paid this time next year, and no way the cap will go up enough to absorb all of their raises. Welcome to our (hawks)world, Yzerman!

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
I agree with the above.

Wow after signing Namstikov TB has peanuts left under the cap, and they still have to sign Kucherov! Something has got to give. My best guess? He has some kind of deal with Dallas that if he can sign Kucherov to a cap hit that only requires him to move Bishop, he will give them Bishop for a few hamburgers. Then Dallas would have to find a home for one of their other two highly paid goalies. Otherwise, I don’t see how this works, which was why I was surprised that they resigned Stamkos. Without him they could have afforded everyone. With him, someone has to go. Then hold onto your hats because Palat and Johnson and Drouin all need to get paid this time next year, and no way the cap will go up enough to absorb all of their raises. Welcome to our (hawks)world, Yzerman!

I wouldn't exactly call their cap space peanuts. They've got 6.5M and need to sign Kucherov and Nesterov. I'd guess Kucherov will try for 7M. Nesterov won't take much. Moving Bishop would do it, but they're much more likely to try and find a taker for Fillpula than they are to move Bishop, unless the Stars offer a very enticing deal. Bishop increases Tampa's Stanley Cup chances enough that it'll take significant offer for them to want to move him. They'll exhaust all of their other options before trading Bishop.

Xander Sanders

Sep 21, 2007
Arizona
Help me understand offersheet...

If a player accepts the offersheet, is it a done deal right away? Or does the team he was a part of have a certain amount of time to make roster moves to free up space? If so, how long does a team have to match the offersheet?

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
Help me understand offersheet...

If a player accepts the offersheet, is it a done deal right away? Or does the team he was a part of have a certain amount of time to make roster moves to free up space? If so, how long does a team have to match the offersheet?

team has i think a week to match it? forgot how long they have to match

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Great player, but I'd be quite surprised if Arizona was willing to make a sub-six foot, left-shot winger their highest paid player. They're chock full of these in the system with Domi, Duclair, Rieder, Keller, and Merkley. Obviously none are as good as Kucherov but it's still a darn good batch of players with similar styles and characteristics. Teams don't generally choose to define themselves by their bunches and bunches of sub-six foot, finesse wingers.

I'd hope they'd care more about how good their players are, than how tall their players are :laugh:

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Pretty sure Kuch likes it in Tampa where we win and are in the running again for the cup. Doubt he would go to a bottom team for a few extra bucks.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Tampa would match and then simply move someone (Filp? Bishop? Lots of options)

Also, I would be stunned if Chayka, who is trying to break into the old boys country clud of NHL GMs, decides to alienate himself in his first off-season by offer-sheeting one of Steve Y's best players.

Exactly.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
After the deal I offer 8.5 x 8

And he could refuse that and just sign the 8.5 QO every year until he reaches UFA where he'd get a bigger payday on his choice of teams. Not that it's especially likely but I'd say the likelihood of that happening is about equal with the likelihood of Tampa not matching an OS.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
And he could refuse that and just sign the 8.5 QO every year until he reaches UFA where he'd get a bigger payday on his choice of teams. Not that it's especially likely but I'd say the likelihood of that happening is about equal with the likelihood of Tampa not matching an OS.

I don't see him signing that but ye he could demand the QO And get the fa raise.
I don't see him signing it because security. But damn not a huge fan of giving up 4 1sts

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I don't see him signing that but ye he could demand the QO And get the fa raise.
I don't see him signing it because security. But damn not a huge fan of giving up 4 1sts

Also Tampa could easily match any OS for 1 year simply by moving Bishop. There's a few contract structures that would be pretty difficult for Tampa to match(but still possible) but anything they couldn't match would cost 4 1sts which might be an okay tradeoff depending on how bad the other team is for the next few years :laugh:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think we match anything under 8m. He's actually worth that. Best forward on the team, bar none. Anything over 8 and it gets really uncomfortable. I think something like 8.5 might pry him away.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I think AZ would be better off offer sheeting Trouba, Lindholm, or Ristolainen. You know, someone who fills a need for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad