Are you a fan of the Canadian and Alberta flags on the Flames jerseys?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I realize I'm in the minority when I say this, but I much prefer our new jerseys to the retro ones. They were a great design in its time but I felt they looked strange and out of place when we used them as alternates. I would be open to a new design for the home jersey (not to mention the horrible alternates we have now), but I think the one we have now is the best

You may be in the minority but I agree with you. The rush to retro nostalgia some teams have embraced full on in the last few years is something I find unappealing. Just because the last time your team was consistently good was in the 1980s doesn't mean you have to embrace a color scheme that, by contemporary standards, looks dated. I much, for instance, preferred Edmonton's midnight blue and copper look to their "heritage" royal blue and orange look. Likewise for the Islanders return to their "heritage" royal blue rather than the more contemporary navy blue look they had sported.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I agree to an extent, some retro colours do look dated. Not a fan of the Oilers'. I like the Flames one just because it looks good though, not because it's retro and nostalgia. I wouldn't mind if they updated it a bit if they brought it back (new 3rd shoulder patches brought to main uni) but I'm also terrified of new designs given the leagues and many teams lack of good ones. Scared they'd make it even worse.

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
Love the flags. Especially the Alberta one but maybe because I am from Ontario. It is kind of unique. Nothing wrong with showing some love for where you play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad