Are you a fan of the Canadian and Alberta flags on the Flames jerseys?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Think it looks good and has national and provincial pride.
I'd like every Canadian team to do this. I'm a sucker for my country and love seeing the pride others and myself show with flags and anthems. Of course I'm the guy at the arena that sings O Canada before every game as everyone looks at me weird for some reason.
O Canada!

muddywaters

GO FLAMES GO
Jul 12, 2006
Cedarbrae
I want them to put the City of Calgary flag on there.

canadia_flag_ab_calgary.jpg

I agree .... the city of Calgary flag is kinda [mod] as far as being a flag goes but I think it would make a great shoulder patch for our Flames ....

Last edited by a moderator:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
They need to replace those patches with the Flaming Cow/bull/whatever it is.

After 6 years or so of seeing those jerseys, the patches still don't look right.

I agree that they should go retro, it would be cool since they are competitive again.

The flames should go back to the fire breathing demon thing dude

ITT: People who've never seen a horse before.

I like them.

Also love the assistant captain patch. :)

You mean the Atlanta Flames logo :sarcasm:

Atlantaflamesgoalhug.jpg

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I didn't like them much when they were introduced, but they've grown on me.

Or I just don't notice them. Either way, I don't mind that much.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I hate it. Not a fan of nationalism. And I've lived in Alberta my whole life. We easily have potential to have the best Jerseys in the league with the red white and yellow colours. Yet out jerseys just aren't good. The retros could be the best in the world.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I've never understood why they have the flag of Alberta there. There's another team in Alberta. Would San Jose, Anaheim or LA do something related to California? Would the Panthers or Lightning do something related to Florida? Columbus and Arizona/Phoenix (since they were mentioned) are different since they're the only teams in their state. The Flames one just seems poorly thought out.
Funny you brought this up. Actually the Lightning had two Florida-themed alternate logos in the past:

ZPzPBYn.png

sATHXBP.gif

Look Up

Let me tell you about my Celica again
Oct 3, 2013
I have no problem with it. Clearly the NHL is onboard with it as well.

Nothing wrong with taking pride in where you live.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I personally don't really see the point, but I'm not bothered by them. Keep 'em, remove 'em, no skin off my back.

That being said, I don't see why others are bringing up primary or secondary logos that have state flags or outlines on them. Comparing a random flag that was added on but had otherwise nothing to do with the team's visual identity with their actual logos is like comparing an apple to an orange.

Master Bill

Rest in peace, Johnny Hockey
Nov 9, 2014
These are ****ing glorious :

cgys-jokinen.jpg

That is indeed a glorious looking jersey.

As far as the flags, I absolutely loved it when it first came out because no other team in the NHL had done something like that. It looked more polished imo, than the previous version of the jersey with the same colour/logo except with the flaming horses on the shoulders.

It's the current 3rd jersey that looks hideous. The retro jersey used for the 30th anniversary was absolutely beautiful, I don't know why they decided not to continue using it. The beauty just glows off that jersey:laugh:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I like them, but I can understand why a lot of people don't. They don't 'mesh' with the jersey like most shoulder patches do. However, I still think they look nice and professional.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I am neutral towards the flag. I usually don't even notice it :laugh:.

And yes, I really want us to go back to the retros as well...

Chyep

Jesus saves, sign em
Nov 11, 2013
Calgary
I agree that the best thing would be a return to the 89 Stanley cup Jerseys.

The Flags I'm OK with. The current jersey is ugly anyway, and at least the flags are a source of pride.

I like the idea of the Calgary flag logo being incorporated as a shoulder patch.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
it's tacky, and low brow. basically the equivalent of a bumper sticker. We know where you're from lol. I don't see why people are ok with this but not a coca-cola ad, they are both just unrelated, clashing logos slapped onto the jersey.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Don't mind the incorporation of state/provincial flags/outlines in a uniform. It should just integrate well into the uniform by matching the team's color scheme. The flag of Alberta sticks out like a sore thumb on the Flames' jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad