Are you a fan of the Canadian and Alberta flags on the Flames jerseys?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
They kind of remind me of stickers. I think the Flames have really great jerseys otherwise, just the shoulder flags kind of ruin it for me.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
As far as I know, they're the only team that does it. What if it was league-wide to have the country and state/provincial flags?

If you want to be technical, the Blue Jackets have the state flag of Ohio integrated into their primary logo:

ohio-state-flag.jpg

:cbj

But yes, you're correct in that only the Flames have provincial/state flag patches on their jerseys in a stand-alone fashion.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't like it. I don't know why we don't use that space for something cool.

They also make the jersey slightly more awkward to fold.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I liked it when they first came out but not so much now. They need a jersey change anyway

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
I've been saying this for a while now.... They look terrible. Flames have some of the worst jerseys in the NHL. Coming from a Flames fan.

Such an easy fix. Just switch to the retro ones, they look ten times better

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I've been saying this for a while now.... They look terrible. Flames have some of the worst jerseys in the NHL. Coming from a Flames fan.

Such an easy fix. Just switch to the retro ones, they look ten times better

Do that and they go from bottom 10 to top 3 imo

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Depends on the flag. The California state flag for example would look ridiculous on a jersey

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think it's great, and yet oddly I'm not a fan of anthems playing before the game

Jooked

Feb 9, 2010
It's pretty lame. Just another attempt to grab/misrepresent more fans under the premise of being passionate for country and province.

driveway

Feb 13, 2007
Easily. That bright red, those red helmets, that white C, oh man.

The red on the retros and the current home unis is actually identical. It just looks brighter without the black on the jersey. You can check it out yourself if you have a retro and a home, lay them on top of each other and you'll see the colour is exactly the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad