OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Just sitting at the beach and doing.... nothing?

Boring.

I like touristy type vacations too, but often I find nothing better than sleeping late, waking up to the smell of the ocean air, eating a buffet breakfast, laying on the beach, going into the water for a swim, laying on the beach some more, reading a book, closing my eyes and listening to the waves, having a few drinks, cleaning up and going out for dinner, and doing the same thing the next day.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I like touristy type vacations too, but often I find nothing better than sleeping late, waking up to the smell of the ocean air, eating a buffet breakfast, laying on the beach, going into the water for a swim, laying on the beach some more, reading a book, closing my eyes and listening to the waves, having a few drinks, cleaning up and going out for dinner, and doing the same thing the next day.

After two days at the beach I’m bored to tears.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Attorney: I demand that you lower your title fees and do a price match for rates with this other title company!
Me: *reviews other company's rates, where they charge slightly less than us on some items but significantly more on other items* Okay, that'll mean your client owes an extra $200ish once we price match their provided rates.
Attorney: *surprised Pikachu face*

Takes a special kind of genius to look at one item where we charge $100 rather than $50 while ignoring items where we charge $150 rather than $250...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Attorney: I demand that you lower your title fees and do a price match for rates with this other title company!
Me: *reviews other company's rates, where they charge slightly less than us on some items but significantly more on other items* Okay, that'll mean your client owes an extra $200ish once we price match their provided rates.

Takes a special kind of genius to look at one item where we charge $100 rather than $50 while ignoring items where we charge $150 rather than $250...

They are all assholes.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Watching a vlog where they're at an English microdistillery where they can make their own flavored gin, and even as a non-gin drinker I absolutely want to do that.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014

Title insurance is the biggest scam there is. You can’t not get it, but such a scam.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Title insurance is basically the way we work within a broken system that's too unwieldy, massive, and old to change.

It's dumb as hell and way too costly in Chicago, but it's honestly impossible to do away with.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Title insurance is basically the way we work within a broken system that's too unwieldy, massive, and old to change.

It's dumb as hell and way too costly in Chicago, but it's honestly impossible to do away with.

There’s no reason why once the chain of title has been established and policies issued, that it should be required and cost so much for subsequent policies. It’s the safest insurance policy there is for the insurance company. If there’s any doubt whatsoever, just don’t issue the policy. I don’t know how long you have worked for a title company, but how many times has the insurer had to pay off a claim? I’m guessing zero.

Edit: That’s not a dig at how you put food on the table. It’s certainly an honest profession. My problem is that the product itself is antiquated, expensive, and should be obsolete.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The percentage is low; but basically you'd have to modify and unify codes in every state and every county in the United States, and each county gets a decent cut from title insurance as well so that there's a financial incentive for local governments to keep the status quo.

And no dig taken, title insurance is dumb.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
So if I were to get a PS4 and jump back into gaming (on a limited basis due to time) and I haven’t gamed in literally 10 years, how hard will it be me for me to get my bearings back?? Haha. Gamed my whole life until 10 years ago and then fell out of it. Saw the new COD and felt reignited to want to play.

The last game I ever played was Brothers In Arms (Hell’s Highway, I think). I know games have come a LONG way in 10 years and wonder how rusty and lost I’ll feel.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
So if I were to get a PS4 and jump back into gaming (on a limited basis due to time) and I haven’t gamed in literally 10 years, how hard will it be me for me to get my bearings back?? Haha. Gamed my whole life until 10 years ago and then fell out of it. Saw the new COD and felt reignited to want to play.

The last game I ever played was Brothers In Arms (Hell’s Highway, I think). I know games have come a LONG way in 10 years and wonder how rusty and lost I’ll feel.

I noticed you hadn't been around in a while, welcome back.

Reactions: Blue Liner

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Depends what you usually play. If you’re a shooter guy it won’t be hard, they haven’t changed all that much.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Took our Dane out of ‘retirement’ and showed him at our Specialty show in Tucson. He won another 4 point major! He still has it. Got an In n Out burger for a treat on the way home too.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Took our Dane out of ‘retirement’ and showed him at our Specialty show in Tucson. He won another 4 point major! He still has it. Got an In n Out burger for a treat on the way home too.
Congrats. A 4pt major wins deserves more than one burger. He probably consumed that thing in about 10 sec. I'm sure some of the other Dane owners would have hoped you stay retired.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Just wait 12 months. PS5 is due in November 2020.

Reactions: Blue Liner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad