Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I need a hug
Best i can do is a hand hug... to the face.
1719497597627.png

• Wow
Reactions: Klockis

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
To move Faksa, we'd have to add a high pick with him according to what I was told.

Just an FYI
What is the definition of a high pick? a 1st/2nd?
I can't believe this, we just watched 4m for 2yrs get moved for a '27 2nd.
Faksa isn't good, but he shouldn't cost much to dump the last year of. like a 3rd or 4th, or a future 2nd with a 4th/3rd coming back kind of thing

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
To move Faksa, we'd have to add a high pick with him according to what I was told.

Just an FYI
May be alone on this island but I’m not sure I hate Faksa as the 4C/penalty kill supreme leader for one more year given how close this team is. The cap hit is bad, but it’s stomachable, to me, for one more year unless you’re getting assets back. Suter on the other hand was a net negative altogether

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
This is the problem with team-employed media. They can't say anything bad about a player on the roster. Sure, they can say a guy had a bad game, but they can't come out and say the team should get rid of a guy.
He actively campaigned that Suter was a positive player for the Stars, outside the typical Stars employee level.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
What is the definition of a high pick? a 1st/2nd?
I can't believe this, we just watched 4m for 2yrs get moved for a '27 2nd.
Faksa isn't good, but he shouldn't cost much to dump the last year of. like a 3rd or 4th, or a future 2nd with a 4th/3rd coming back kind of thing
No, not THAT high...

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I only hope that the Stars now needing another UFA D doesn't jack up the price of anyone they are considering, but I guess that is why they schedule the buyouts like they did. I wonder if the "Pavs wanted him around" rumors actually held them back last year.

Re: Faksa, I hope it wouldn't be the same, as we would have jettisoned 2 4th liners now, although I agree the Stars would be better off going younger and cheaper, and they may get a low pick for him from someone, even with him eating scratches in the PO. If the Stars are out of PO position next year, he will be gone by the TDL. Sometimes, a GM just needs to up their roster of youth, perhaps sacrificing something for better later. Or, the couple of Mil freed up goes right to Tanev and Duchene to keep the band mostly together. Keeping your good players is a must and losing either means we just have to invest more assets to get replacement players.

I guess that with their "window" now being a year shorter, they are probably more focused (almost to this board's level) of upgrading any weak link to keep it open. They changed out 3 (4 including Tanev) last year, and probably will upgrade (?) three more this year.

Last edited:

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I don't think there's enough incentive for them to move Faksa. I don't think he's actively hurting the team enough yet to really be as egregious as Suter was down the stretch.

A forward playing 5-10 a night against equally as broken competition is alright... but the cap flexibility is the only thing Dallas would really want.

They can always waive him and get some cap relief. Suter had an NMC... hard to move or waive that, so you convince him to let you buy his contract out and move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad