OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
As a kid salami was my favorite deli meat but as an adult I can’t stand the stuff.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
As a kid salami was my favorite deli meat but as an adult I can’t stand the stuff.

Salami is pretty gross, although back when I used to eat meat I liked hard salami, and also salami and eggs. Bologna is much grosser than salami.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Question for any bankers or finance people out there. Any idea how long it takes for the feds rate cute to actually effect mortgage rates? Is it immediate or is there some general rule of how long it takes? My wife is looking to refinance on a condo she rents out, and I've gotten quotes for her. But I don't want her to lock into a rate that might be lower a week or two from now based on today's cut.

I'm not looking to hold out and speculate on future rate cuts, just want to make sure we get the full benefit of today's cut, if there is one.

Based on what I know, it’s kind of complicated and can vary a lot. Not sure there is really a perfect answer to this question. I would say the best thing to do is talk with the lenders, because it could be different for each lender.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
giphy.gif

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Salami is pretty gross, although back when I used to eat meat I liked hard salami, and also salami and eggs. Bologna is much grosser than salami.

Salami is an awesome breakfast substitute for bacon. I chop up a few pieces with some veggies and make some killer scrambled eggs with it

Reactions: ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Putting one of our dogs down tomorrow night. Said goodbye to her tonight a few hours ago.

She’s 9. Gorgeous German Shepherd. She was schwitzen trained and a great, firecracker of a doggo. She’ll be missed.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Putting one of our dogs down tomorrow night. Said goodbye to her tonight a few hours ago.

She’s 9. Gorgeous German Shepherd. She was schwitzen trained and a great, firecracker of a doggo. She’ll be missed.
Sorry to hear that. It's tough to put down a dog. Nothing easy about it. I still miss the dog I had to put down over a year ago. They are real companions and family members.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Sorry to hear. Best wishes.

Also, bad timing for snow today downstate. This is the first snow that my son is meaningfully cognizant for (18 months old, last year he was too young to recognize it as anything unusual), but he's got a bug and is on antibiotics so we can't let him go out and experience it.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
What you need to do is not call it Salami....refer instead to "Charcouterie" and serve it with a good Bordeaux instead of a Bud...your guests will be impressed that you are a "foodie" and applaud your "savoir-faire" for turning the lowly salami into an artisan masterpiece of elegant dining.

If you do not want to go French Style,may I suggest that instead of a Charcouterie Board with final salanis and cheeses,or a mere salami and mustard sandwich,or thrown in with scrambled eggs,you instead offer this food sensation:

Buy Real Corn Tortillas (not flour Tortillas)...Make tostadas...put a slice of paperjack cheese and bits of salami on top of 1 side after each side of the tortilla is fried 2 or 3 times for 20 second a time which drys up into a tostada...but do not over fry or tge tostada turns too hard and you will not be able to turn 1/2 of the tostada over such that you get a half-crescent shape with the cheese. And salami contents encased within the crescent shaped tostada...you will then keep frying 29 seconds each side toll the cheese has meltedinsdide the crescent tostada.Remove and serve.

Absolutely delicious..Most people have never tried this and they will love it.

I do not think this is even done in Mexican cuisine but I just loved the tostada turnover with paperjack cheese by itselfxznd decided to try it with artisan charcuterie small sliced pieces of salami thrown in...

I do not use real peooerjack cheese when I make this but instead use a great non-dairy vegan paperback cheese from Ea rath Island brand ..

So whether you cannot eat dairy,or are Kosher and cannot mix dairy and meat,or whether you have no restriction,this vegan cheese is very very good ishen melted in that tostada. THe salami of course also heats up and so the whole shebang is justca wonderful taste experience.

You want to serve these before it gets too coldcandctge cheese hardens up again..

This will not be a pro blemish if your fryoan can only take 1 orc2 ofvtgesexatca time for 1 or 2cpeople being served sayv2 or 3cofvtgesexeach.

But if you are serving a large group you either need to be using several dryland on the burners at once or you hustcserve onevir two guestsxatxactine before making them for other guests to your dinner.

3 irc4vof these cansercexas a meal but if usibgvtgem forcapoetizers then hustc1 or 2 each..

Last edited:
Reactions: hawksrule

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

oh man, that hurts.......

i am sorry .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad