OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Still surprised you never saw him as he has been acting since 70's and popping up on TV and movies for decades

Everything from Barney Miller to Good Times to Fresh Prince of Bel Air thru years on TV

No clue what Barney Miller or Good Times is, never watched Fresh Prince.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No clue what Barney Miller or Good Times is, never watched Fresh Prince.

Wow Good Times was a landmark show and big hit in 70's. Shocked you never saw or heard of it

Barney Miller was on TV from 75-82 and was sitcom set in police station

What about 227? What's Happening? What's Happening now?

How old are you? I grew up watching those shows in syndication

Reactions: clydesdale line

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Barney Miller was a good show.

227 and WHN were awful. What’s Happening was bad but I liked it.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Wow Good Times was a landmark show and big hit in 70's. Shocked you never saw or heard of it

Barney Miller was on TV from 75-82 and was sitcom set in police station

What about 227? What's Happening? What's Happening now?

How old are you? I grew up watching those shows in syndication

I was born in 87.

Never heard of those 3 either.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I was born in 85 and grew up with this stuff so find it odd you never saw it

Still watch shows like Good Times when flipping threw channels along with All in the Family and The Jeffersons?

Please tell me you have heard of those shows?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I was born in 85 and grew up with this stuff so find it odd you never saw it

Still watch shows like Good Times when flipping threw channels along with All in the Family and The Jeffersons?

Please tell me you have heard of those shows?

I didn’t sit around watching reruns from the 70s as a kid.

Heard of them, never watched them.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
227 had an actress they pretended was super hot but actually wasn’t at all. My friends and I termed that a “Blanche”, named after the woman from the golden girls where they did the same thing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
227 had an actress they pretended was super hot but actually wasn’t. My friends and I termed that a “Blanche”, named after the woman from the golden girls where they did the same thing.

Talking about Jackee? I agree she wasn't that attractive

She was there to provide counter spunk for Gibbs character sorta how relationshp was with Marci/Al on Married with Children

I get its not everyone cup of tee but 227 wasn't that bad

And it was more Blanche being well I would use term "Loose" that was joke on GG

Jackee was better fit in Sister , Sister as counter to uptight dad

Last edited:
Reactions: hawksrule

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
My favorite syndication show as a kid was The Munsters. Kind of like the honeymooners in that there weren’t many episodes, but it was a great show.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
My favorite syndication show as a kid was The Munsters. Kind of like the honeymooners in that there weren’t many episodes, but it was a great show.

Munsters was great.

Looking back at it, its funny how much TV I watched from before my time. I'm 38, but we didn't have cable, so I watched a ton of syndicated stuff. I remember frequently watching Adams family, Beverly Hillbillies, Gomer Pyle, Gilligan's Island and the Brady Bunch. Probably forgetting quite a few to.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Munsters was great.

Looking back at it, its funny how much TV I watched from before my time. I'm 38, but we didn't have cable, so I watched a ton of syndicated stuff. I remember frequently watching Adams family, Beverly Hillbillies, Gomer Pyle, Gilligan's Island and the Brady Bunch. Probably forgetting quite a few to.

Me too. I wasted so much time watching dumb tv, it's the main reason I've never let my kids do the same.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Me too. I wasted so much time watching dumb tv, it's the main reason I've never let my kids do the same.

I don't watch TV other than sports really. My wife watches a lot but she uses it as a time filler. My daughter is obsessed with "her ipad" but she is still really good at playing outside and with her toys. If this changes then bye bye ipad.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
My nephew had his roommate suddenly move out and the roommate took a bunch of stuff that he had provided (TV, microwave, kitchen stuff etc.). My sister was in a panic worrying about how my nephew would get by. After contacting him, all he cared about was the router than the roommate had taken. My nephew had no need for a bunch kitchen stuff, tv, microwave, etc but he had to have his internet.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Question for any bankers or finance people out there. Any idea how long it takes for the feds rate cute to actually effect mortgage rates? Is it immediate or is there some general rule of how long it takes? My wife is looking to refinance on a condo she rents out, and I've gotten quotes for her. But I don't want her to lock into a rate that might be lower a week or two from now based on today's cut.

I'm not looking to hold out and speculate on future rate cuts, just want to make sure we get the full benefit of today's cut, if there is one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad