Zemgus Girgensons Appreciation Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Zemgus signs a three year deal with Tampa. He deserves his own thread. He's been in the system since 2012 and he's been a full time Sabre since 2013. He's 10th in all-time games played. Been a hard working, well liked, and loyal Sabre for over 11 years and never made the playoffs once. Best of luck to Gus. He will be missed.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Thank you and good luck to our longest tenured Sabre, former all star, the Latvian Locomotive.

Definitely a big hypothetical "what could have been" with him considering the quick jump to the AHL, then to the NHL.

First jersey I got.

Hope he wins one (if the Sabres can't).

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Shame he got his development so rushed/hindered and then got boxed into a 4th line grinder role basically out of necessity. Glad he’ll most likely get to experience the playoffs next year

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
Found this on the internet:
IMG_5729.jpeg

An end of an (Darcy) era

Reactions: Chainshot

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
End of an era for sure.

He'll enjoy Tampa I'm sure, but I hope we get the best of him of course. Hopefully he's not a stranger once he retires. He's maybe the main player from the drought who feels like he should be a part of the older school Alumni.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I don't buy the let him cook at all. He came in as a rookie playing excellent then tailed off. It was his lack of skill and bad hands that made him a 4th liner. Spending time in AHL is for players not ready, not some magic skill development that he was never capable of.

He was a great 4th liner that just stuck around a few too many years here.

Reactions: Selanne00008

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad