OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Cannot believe my kids school didn't get cancelled today. 2 degree outside temperature at 8, -10 windchill. I think they're looking at Tuesday when its supposed to be a high of 7 and thinking that day for sure is getting called.

Tuesday here in the western burbs shows a daytime high of 3, overnight low of -23, and Wednesday a daytime high of -7, with an overnight low of -21 on Accuweather. I imagine my daughter's middle school will be closed at least one of those days, but my older one's HS will be open.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
My high school never ever closed when I went there. There were 2 days where it was like -15 or worse in a row. I went the first day and it was like 50% attendance. So every class was just goofing around or watching a video. Mom let me stay home the 2nd day. For some reason OPRF hadn't closed in like 50+ years at the time and they seemed to take pride in it. I think they've changed since I left, but I'm not positive.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
My high school never ever closed when I went there. There were 2 days where it was like -15 or worse in a row. I went the first day and it was like 50% attendance. So every class was just goofing around or watching a video. Mom let me stay home the 2nd day. For some reason OPRF hadn't closed in like 50+ years at the time and they seemed to take pride in it. I think they've changed since I left, but I'm not positive.

I had one snow day during my tenure in HS, and one early dismissal for a gas leak. My HS pretty much never closed, either. With the exception of the Catholic schools, most take a lot to close. The Catholic HS's are always the first to shut down, though.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I've made the momentous decision to not replace my busted laptop and just stick to a tablet for my internet needs. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that, aside from web browsing, a laptop is almost only a game machine for me, and compared to what I play on console it'd really only be for the massive time sink that is Civilization.

So, why not save money and time? I'll stick to console gaming and just get a keyboard for my tablet and be done with it.

I did this a few months back and never looked back; however I do have a laptop for work. 98% of what I do personally can be done on my phone or iPad. Never was a PC gamer as I have my Xbox for that.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I really only have laptops now because I do work on them. If it weren't for that, I'd probably just have a tablet as well. We do still have a desktop PC but we really don't use that much. Again, my wife actually uses it more for her work-related stuff.

I have a work laptop, a personal Macbook but was purchased by my other employer that I largely just do work for them on, an iPad which is personal but I use for some work stuff, and a personal laptop which I basically never use anymore at all other than for one program once a week.

Too many devices.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I've never owned a laptop in my life. I own a tablet, but only because I won it at a raffle. Used it for a few months and then stopped. I'm a dinosaur, lol.

Reactions: Blue Liner

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
IIRC, juicing is what destroys the nutrients in fruits and veggies, not blending. You’re basically pulverizing all the proteins and drinking what’s essentially sugar water. It’s gross.

Smoothies are fine because it’s not broken up as much

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I’m actually a little stoked on the cold weather. Outdoor hockey rinks are finally going up by me.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Just finished watching The Wire. Great show IMO. If you haven’t seen it, it’s about gangs and organized crime in Baltimore and the police efforts to infiltrate and catch certain people within it.

Now just started Dexter, another show I hadn’t watched before.

Reactions: Easy E

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Just finished watching The Wire. Great show IMO. If you haven’t seen it, it’s about gangs and organized crime in Baltimore and the police efforts to infiltrate and catch certain people within it.

Now just started Dexter, another show I hadn’t watched before.

First 5 seasons are great. Enjoy.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I scheduling a closing for another title operator almost exactly two days ago to the minute, and in the fifteen minutes since I picked it up from them for a lack of progress being made, I did more work on it than they did.

I know it's the end of the month, but it's ridiculously slow on the real estate front now. How do you fail to even do a couple minutes of work on a file closing next week in the span of 48 hours? Mind-boggling.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
why live in this city during the winter...

tenor.gif

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I got a new Patagonia coat and I'm wondering why the hell I subjected myself to life without one before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad