Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
My father was diagnosed with Parkinson’s about 12 years ago at age 39. I’m 22 now and I love my dad but our relationship hasn’t been good lately because of the amount of anxiety he has. I am a pretty adventurous person. He can’t do well with stress. We are traveling across Europe right now and he is killing me with his anxiety attacks. Puts so much stress on everybody else.

I don’t know who else’s to tell this but I need to tell someone. Thanks.

Reactions: ray c

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Potatoes on their own are fine. The problem with them is they’re almost always fried or have a ton of cheese dumped on them

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
My father was diagnosed with Parkinson’s about 12 years ago at age 39. I’m 22 now and I love my dad but our relationship hasn’t been good lately because of the amount of anxiety he has. I am a pretty adventurous person. He can’t do well with stress. We are traveling across Europe right now and he is killing me with his anxiety attacks. Puts so much stress on everybody else.

I don’t know who else’s to tell this but I need to tell someone. Thanks.
I had a grandfather who passed away with Parkinson's probably two years ago now. Your dad's diagnoses sounds like what my grandpa had, the slower progression or Parkinson's (most who get the disease go down hill way too quickly).

If the worst thing that you have to deal with with his condition is having to deal with his anxiety, then you've gotten off pretty easy so far. During the last handful of years, I would have to go to my grandpa's house (he lived super close by) on multiple occasions and help get him off the floor (and sometimes he wasn't as fully clothed as I would've liked). My grandmother tried to not make a habit of calling 911 when he would fall, because after a certain amount of times in a day, they would be required to haul him off to a hospital instead of just coming, picking him up, and setting him back on his chair.

His memory and brain were also severely screwed up the last few years. He'd literally go and talk about how he needs to get ready because his friends were going to pick him up and go somewhere, basically reliving moments from his 20s and 30s. He would tell us that when he would be left alone, a man would quietly sit in the corner of the room watching him. He also believed that a boat was sticking through his roof because he thought the room's fan was a boat propeller.

What I'm trying to say in way too many words is that that disease can get a whole lot worse. If you're not interested in cutting your old man out of your life (and you shouldn't be unless he's an asshole), then you best start making peace with it now. Shit can get a whole lot worse to deal with.

Reactions: ray c

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
One of my favorite comedies, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, got canned yesterday by a Fox network that has clearly lost it's mind. Today, NBC picked up the show for 13 more episodes.

Having a show go from being on one of the 4 major networks to another is pretty freaking rare. Scrubs did it, but I cant easily come up with any others off the top of my head.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I haven't had cauliflower since I was a little kid. Remember exactly when and where I last had it, because I hated it so much.

And on that note, I've never had broccoli, because in my head back when I was a kid I associated it as green cauliflower. Haven't attempted to dispel that since.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I haven't had cauliflower since I was a little kid. Remember exactly when and where I last had it, because I hated it so much.

And on that note, I've never had broccoli, because in my head back when I was a kid I associated it as green cauliflower. Haven't attempted to dispel that since.

I didn't ever really try broccoli until I became an adult and now it's one of my favorite veggies. You might like it now.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
For all you mosquito haters, pick up a bottle of Bifen XTS.

Sooooo easy to apply and it literally wipes out the bug population in your backyard. (Try to avoid flowering plants for the bees and butterflies). Just get a backpack sprayer, respirator, goggles, and the chemicals, and go crazy.

It's the same stuff the pros use and charge you like 1000% markup.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
For all you mosquito haters, pick up a bottle of Bifen XTS.

Sooooo easy to apply and it literally wipes out the bug population in your backyard. (Try to avoid flowering plants for the bees and butterflies). Just get a backpack sprayer, respirator, goggles, and the chemicals, and go crazy.

It's the same stuff the pros use and charge you like 1000% markup.

Note that this stuff is toxic for fish and animals. Let it dry before letting your family or animals near where you sprayed.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Note that this stuff is toxic for fish and animals. Let it dry before letting your family or animals near where you sprayed.

Correcto, always let it dry first, which is quickly. Actually a very safe chemical for humans.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Federal ban on sports gambling ruled unconstitutional. Let the gaming commence.

Where do you think this is headed in terms of availability? Will it just be online or will we see retailers and computerized machines all over the place where you can make and cash out slips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad