PTO: anyone interested in Raffi Torres (Hurricanes offer PTO)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
I would invite him to Brooklyn on a PTO.
I think if he hasn't lost his wheels or motivation then he could be a good 4th line player

He has lost his wheels, and in a bad way. Absolutely blew up his knees. They are done, and so is his ability to skate at anywhere near an NHL level.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
He has lost his wheels, and in a bad way. Absolutely blew up his knees. They are done, and so is his ability to skate at anywhere near an NHL level.

That's the main issue - his knees, not the style of play or suspensions. There's always going to be a team who'll take a chance on a "dirty" player, in hopes of turning him around and becoming an "energy" guy who might be good in the locker room. But when your knees go? Forget it.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not only does Torres not belong in this league due to his headhunting, he just plain isn't good at hockey anymore. Can't skate. He's just done.

Bfreezy40

Dec 17, 2014
Buffalo
Yeah if he wasn't so dirty he'd have a contract right now. He ****** himself from head hunting. If he removed that from his game he'd be the leagues best instigator.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Everyone hates him so much. Guy just plays hard and on edge. Clutch player that I wish I could see more of. Love the guy.

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
I don't think Raffi Torres is even physically capable of playing in the NHL anymore. His body is done. When he wasn't hurt or suspended, he was still a very effective hockey player and I am sure that if he was still capable of playing, some team would give him a shot.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I really enjoyed when we got him in that trade last year and Lou didn't even say his name right. Guys like Torres don't deserve any respect and shouldn't get nhl jobs.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The NHL need less of this type of player . He a cheap shot artist who targets skill guys that bring fans in . He can go get a job at the zoo washing Elephant's ***** . Even that might be too good for him .

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
"I know it was just a paper transaction..." what does that tell you???

The only thing he says here is that it would have been nice to get a call from Toronto. He knew he wasn't going anywhere from the get go, so we can stop this whole 'Toronto took the moral highroad' angle.

Oh I never even hinted they took the high road at all. Professional teams don't give a crap about high grounds, see A-Rod.

My point was the Leafs would have zero interest in having him on the team as he adds nothing to the team and we have better younger options

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
"Deserves one more kick at the can."

Yes, he deserves to go away kicking a can when no more NHL teams will hire him to be a headhunting waste of a roster space. The guy had the talent to actually stick to a roster without the ********, but he time and again chose to be a predatory piece of skating garbage who was more interested in inflicting pain, to the extent of often injuring player, than he was anything else on the ice. **** him. Let him go find a job where he will be arrested if he purposefully gives an unsuspecting person a concussion or a broken jaw.

His only saving grace these days is that he can't even skate well enough to jump into a hit and put someone on IR.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
How exactly was he a top 5 pick

That's an easy one .
Just refer to all Islanders top draft picks between Pat Lafontaine and John Tavares.
If you see a few All Stars then we more than likely traded them prior to stardom .
The rest just blah . Of course there was Derek King and Kyle Okposo but time between
Patty and JT was 25 years

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Oh I never even hinted they took the high road at all. Professional teams don't give a crap about high grounds, see A-Rod.

My point was the Leafs would have zero interest in having him on the team as he adds nothing to the team and we have better younger options
Of course. My point was it wasn't simply Toronto deciding they were above Raffi Torres and the Sharks were forced to keep him. It was a way to circumvent cap, basically, which both teams agreed to and Torres knew the deal.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The ironic part of this thread is for as bad as people say Torres is, he's ended exactly 0 careers with his hits, yet his was ended by a knee on knee hit.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
The ironic part of this thread is for as bad as people say Torres is, he's ended exactly 0 careers with his hits, yet his was ended by a knee on knee hit.

Sounds like he needs a refresher course at the Patrick Kaleta Hockey School featuring Head Instructor Matt Cooke.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Lou did 2 such deals last year.

Previous to Torres, Matt Frattin became Sens property, but remained with the Marlies for their Cup run-I don't think he dressed though.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Raffi Torres isn't that bad of a hockey player. Althought he has himself to blame for not being wanted. Be scum, get treated like scum.

If any team, I think he would fit the Ducks.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Free Agency trades

Raffi Torres

Vancouver trades

Luca Sbisa

Vancouver
In)Torres
Out)Sbisa

Free Agency