Speculation: Any interest in Liljegren for a mid round pick?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
So the Leafs are actively trying to trade him. I can’t imagine there’s a ton of teams interested or that the offers are very good. Especially since most teams couldn’t afford him anyways without sending cap back.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So the Leafs are actively trying to trade him. I can’t imagine there’s a ton of teams interested or that the offers are very good. Especially since most teams couldn’t afford him anyways without sending cap back.

I think the Leafs will do better than most seem to think, young RD, and a lot of his contract was actually paid out in a signing bonus by Toronto.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
He’s in a weird spot right now. I think it’s stupid to trade a young RHD for peanuts as they are hard to come by. He won’t get you much though. I think he stills holds value not to trade him as having a RHD even for depth is still good to have. Not playing him much with him in a short lease under Berubé probably isn’t fair to him either though.

I’d say just wait until trade deadline while giving him chances until is the best way to deal with him. Teams can be more flexible with he cap to take him and also add whatever they feel is a need at the deadline. Kinda what Dubas did with Sandin a few years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad