Prospect Info: Anton Silayev (LD - #10 Overall - Round 1 - 2024 Draft)

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
So, it’s pretty much set in stone that he’s staying 2 years and Russia and coming over after? I don’t mind it at all, the KHL is a good league.

two years to come over probably a year in the minors so realistically 4 years lol woof thats the timeline of a team that is rebuilding not competing

Reactions: Devilsfan118

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
two years to come over probably a year in the minors so realistically 4 years lol woof thats the timeline of a team that is rebuilding not competing
I don’t think that will be his path, it’ll be 2 more years in the KHL and right into the NHL or else his development path hasn’t been as good as hoped. He will have 3 years pro in one of the best leagues in the world at that point; that also would put him at the same 3 years as Luke Hughes.

Also, even a good team hoping to compete for the next 5-10 years is going to need young talent that plays over their contract. Good teams just don’t stop drafting and developing young players because they want to compete over the next 2 years.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
good thing we are posting on the bing devils boards

smh
By your numbering system, I could say that it’s currently going to be another year until we see Jesper Bratt playing for the Devils.

Or maybe even clearer, it was 2 years of playing college for Luke Hughes before he was a Devils. In your 2 KHL years and 1 AHL years, it would be 3 years before Silayev played in the pros, not 4. He’s playing in the pros his 4th year.

I think if you took a poll, the vast majority think it too Luke 2 years in his timeline to being a pro, not 3. The first full year of being a pro isn’t part of the wait time.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We are booked at the position for the next 3 seasons, so if that were the timeline, it's not like we would be scrambling to fill a void as we wait.

In year 3 if he is in Utica, that would be some excellent injury insurance waiting in the wings.

Reactions: My3Sons

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Why does Silayev need a year in the AHL?

the KHL plays the same rink size and and I believe the same rules.

in two years Gritsyuk will be on the team and have a house with his wife. Silayev will probably be living with them. I don't see the transition being that hard for Silayev.

Perhaps he gets 5-10 games in the AHL but I doubt a whole season.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

in two years Gritsyuk will be on the team and have a house with his wife. Silayev will probably be living with them. I don't see the transition being that hard for Silayev.

Gritsyuk should join the Devils after this season.

May be Silayev will start in NHL, may be in AHL. With Luke, Siegs, Dillon, Hattaka, Misyul, Vilen and potentially some other free agent signings I dont see any problem even if he will need to play 1 adaptation year in AHL. Even if I dont think he will need to.

Last edited:

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Silayev will have 3 KHL seasons under his belt in 2 years. I highly doubt he'll play in the AHL, he should be ready for the NHL.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I don’t even know what his is supposed to mean, but he’ll most likely be playing for NJ within 3 years, not 4.

Or would you rather they selected a lesser player with a quicker timeline?
Than we could argue that we drafted player with smaller potential by high pick.
You can do this you can do that, you are always wrong.

Reactions: forceten

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
The Devils having all of these players is a luxury and an asset. We can make trades to address areas where we need improvement without sacrificing the quality of our D corps for years to come - if we're shrewd.

Reactions: mdj12784

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I don’t even know what his is supposed to mean, but he’ll most likely be playing for NJ within 3 years, not 4.

Or would you rather they selected a lesser player with a quicker timeline?
I think they made the right call with Silayev, but if they believed Helenius could play 3C for the team in 2025-26 I think it's at least a debate they might have had. A 3C on an ELC would help this team's cup chances dramatically.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Luke is 20 years 11 months and needed 2 years in the NCAA before making the club.
Nemec is 20 years 6 months and needed 1 year in the AHL before making the club.

For the season opener 2026 Silayev will be 20 years 5 months with two years in the KHL. I am not worried about where his development will be when he comes over, especially with Larionov as his mentor.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love

Being in the AHL may not always be about skill and talent. In cases for non-US - maybe they throw them in the A so they can mentally get caught up with living in a new country. Less pressure on the ice while you're also trying to figure out how UberEats works here.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Being in the AHL may not always be about skill and talent. In cases for non-US - maybe they throw them in the A so they can mentally get caught up with living in a new country. Less pressure on the ice while you're also trying to figure out how UberEats works here.
the scheduling and conditioning can be big adjustments as well

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

I don't think this is quite right because there's way more resources to help out a player at the NHL level. Teams are used to dealing with these issues.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I think the only way he goes to the AHL is if the team is set at LD rosterwise and wants to push his ELC or use him as a callup option (basically what the team did with Simon Nemec last year).

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I think the only way he goes to the AHL is if the team is set at LD rosterwise and wants to push his ELC or use him as a callup option (basically what the team did with Simon Nemec last year).
We can't push his ELC after 2 years.

If we want to preserve his ELC, it will be via a 3rd year in the KHL, at which point he will be 21 signing his ELC, and correct me if I'm wrong but that means his ELC will still be 3 years long

So the timeline (assuming we keep Dillon/Siegs for the life of Dillon's contract) would be

24-25: KHL
25-26: KHL
26-27: KHL
27-28: ELC (NHL)
28-29: ELC (NHL)
29-30: ELC (NHL)

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I’m not worried about pushing his ELC out and I doubt the team will be either. He’s not gonna be a huge point guy especially off the bat, unless he really takes a step. And defensive guys just don’t get paid as well from the jump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad