Waived: Anton Khudobin ( Update : clears *duh* )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Khudobin always played the best when he was getting plastered with pucks. So in that sense Arizona or Buffalo could make sense. He could have a little resurgence in terms of stats.

A tough gamble to make though.

This actually sounds like a perfect fit with Edmonton...

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Based on the almost certainty that Craig Anderson (month-to-month) has played his last NHL game, I will be legit shocked if Buffalo doesn't claim him.

Vet euro goalie to act as a mentor for UPL, fairly cheap for a 1B, under team control for 1 more year and only a calendar year removed from some pretty impressive play between the pipes. Corresponding move would be to waive Dell or Tok, which upsets absolutely no one & assign either Subban or UPL to ROC to start there.

Also helps Buffalo stay above the floor when they deal the UFA guys (they're +$7.4M currently), ie; Eakin, Miller, Butcher, Hagg & Cagguila (predicting extensions for Pysyk & Hinistroza - both "donnie-guys").

Oh, and he doesn't cost any assets to acquire.

Makes a ton of sense TBH.

You understand he costs cap and real dollars? There is literally no reason to give up cap room (an asset) for a guy who is as bad as Tokarski and maybe even Subban. We get a $3.33 M cap hit NEXT YEAR TOO when Sabres will likely be spending again.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Dunno about Khudobin for the Oil, would rather pay assets for a surefire upgrade in net rather than gambling and hoping Khudobin gets back to form. If we weren't so tight to the cap I'd go for it, but not how we are now.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
To DAL:
Nick Schmaltz
Carter Hutton

To ARI:
Luke Glendening
Anton Khudobin

I thought Schmaltz was decent, don’t see why Arizona would do this

That being said, I’d do it. Doubt Nill would trade Glendening after just signing him though

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I thought Schmaltz was decent, don’t see why Arizona would do this

That being said, I’d do it. Doubt Nill would trade Glendening after just signing him though
Schmaltz’s deal gets extremely cash heavy at the tail end and the front office that acquired the player and signed that deal has been totally cleared out. Say what you want about Khudobin and Glendening, their deals expire after next season. This is a flexibility trade.

The value is probably off. But I’m sure a ‘23 or ‘24 2nd would fix that nicely.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

No joke. This was a great thread for proving how clueless some fans are. Imagine, thinking 100% he would be taken. It's like these people think this is some other sport without a hard cap. The guy is signed through next year and going down hill. I don't doubt he can be traded but no one, NO ONE, was taking the full $3.33 M cap for this year and NEXT YEAR.

Reactions: Jacob582

Apr 9, 2009
USA
No joke. This was a great thread for proving how clueless some fans are. Imagine, thinking 100% he would be taken. It's like these people think this is some other sport without a hard cap. The guy is signed through next year and going down hill. I don't doubt he can be traded but no one, NO ONE, was taking the full $3.33 M cap for this year and NEXT YEAR.

To be fair to them, they probably did win the Cup in EA NHL 22 by making that move in the game.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
To DAL:
Nick Schmaltz
Carter Hutton

To ARI:
Luke Glendening
Anton Khudobin

I don't really see any huge problems with this, but I think it puts the Stars over the cap unless they go below a 23 man roster (assuming we're waiving Hutton and his salary doesn't count), and Khudobin costs more real dollars than cap dollars which I'm sure the Coyotes wouldn't be too thrilled about. I think Arizona would have to waive Hutton first before the trade. He'd be there to stabilize AHL goaltending and move Point to the ECHL where he belongs.

Stars only have about $150k in cap space, in this trade they're moving about $3.7M (it would be 4.7M to Arizona, because Khudobin is currently in the minors), with Hutton going to the AHL they are taking on $5.85M in space from Schmaltz. I think the Stars may have to throw in another contract, but it's tough to do because at that point we probably are running 20 or 21 guys even if we do this. No one makes a lot of sense other than Kiviranta and his $1.05M in cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad