Waived: Anton Khudobin ( Update : clears *duh* )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I could see Khudobin clearing and then a couple teams maybe seeing if they could send back a mildly bad contract on Dallas.

Details were murky, but it seemed like the Devils think Jonathan Bernier is going to be out for an extended period of time. Problem with Khudobin is that he's under contract for next season, so that might be a lot of money allocated on backup goalies if Bernier gets cleared.

New Jersey only has a couple back-to-backs before the All-Star/Olympic break, so they might just decide to ride Blackwood. But the last times that we've done that and he's seemingly hit the wall.

Reactions: Elysian

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think he gets claimed, especially with the contract going into next season, but if anyone does it, it's probably Arizona, just because they're gonna need to hit the floor next season and have almost nobody signed anyway, and while Wedgewood has played decent, it's not like he's some great goalie.

But Arizona is the only ones I could maybe see, unless Buffalo is worried about getting two goalies next year. But I'm guessing he won't be claimed

Reactions: Boomstick

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Doubt he gets claimed, sad to see it come to this though.

I would like to think Nill at least shopped him around first, but Dobby's really played himself off the team as of late.

Seemed to be a great locker room guy so that'll hurt as well.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Given he was performing at a peak level that wasn't sooooo long ago in the bubble run, a team in desperate need might be able to overlook his more recent struggles and take a chance on him IF he was playing for $750k for 1 year. In that sense he's not necessarily CLEARLY "finished". But nobody is going to take a chance on him with that much money involved.

Since the Stars have to pay him anyway, no harm in taking the buried cap hit and having him as a #3 in the AHL. If either Oettinger or Holtby get injured, they can always call him back up. Assuming he's willing to report and wants to keep getting paid, anyway.
:dunno:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Given he was performing at a peak level that wasn't sooooo long ago in the bubble run, a team in desperate need might be able to overlook his more recent struggles and take a chance on him IF he was playing for $750k for 1 year. In that sense he's not necessarily CLEARLY "finished". But nobody is going to take a chance on him with that much money involved.

Since the Stars have to pay him anyway, no harm in taking the buried cap hit and having him as a #3 in the AHL. If either Oettinger or Holtby get injured, they can always call him back up. Assuming he's willing to report and wants to keep getting paid, anyway.
:dunno:

I'd be interested in seeing what happens if he gets claimed, and then one of Oettinger or Holtby get injured soon after.

Wonder if they'll ever call up Colton Point. He's been......underwhelming, to say the least, in the AHL. Drafted the year before Oettinger, too.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Honestly a rebuilding team who needs a goalie should grab him after he clears and charge like a 3rd. Seems like a great guy in the locker room and maybe could keep a rooms spirits up some during some bad days of a season.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Did someone say aging expensive mediocre goaltender?

images

member 334057

Honestly a rebuilding team who needs a goalie should grab him after he clears and charge like a 3rd. Seems like a great guy in the locker room and maybe could keep a rooms spirits up some during some bad days of a season.
I'm sure there are plenty of cheaper options available for veteran locker room guys. Nothing against Khudobin as I'm sure he's great, but most teams already have some solid vets or guys near the tail end of their careers who provide a lot of character.

Saucechucker99

Feb 10, 2008
Honestly love the guy, but he has been bad this year and Oettinger needs the time. Would help Dallas a lot with the cap if he got claimed.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Hawks should grab him, he’s signed for next season, they’ll need a signed goaltender for next season…

trade Fleury at his highest value, which is now, to either Colorado or Edmonton…for prospects and picks,
Ride out season with Khudbin and Lankinen…

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
With Bishop permanently out of the picture, Khudo is the third wheel behind Holtby and Jake; doubt he will be claimed, but a trade seems inevitable.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't get claimed and then a deal is made after to take a contract back.
Or a trade with retention. If Dallas takes 1.3-1.5M off the top, that's a good deal for them still, opens up around 2M this year and next year, and unloads their logjam in goal.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I don't think he gets claimed, especially with the contract going into next season, but if anyone does it, it's probably Arizona, just because they're gonna need to hit the floor next season and have almost nobody signed anyway, and while Wedgewood has played decent, it's not like he's some great goalie.

But Arizona is the only ones I could maybe see, unless Buffalo is worried about getting two goalies next year. But I'm guessing he won't be claimed

Arizona would probably want compensation to take him.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I could see maybe a swap of bad contracts where Stars take a skater in exchange for a goalie?

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Same people that say that Price @ 5.25M is negative value.

HfBoards in a nutshell
You have to admit there are a lot of question marks around Price. Is he going to play out the majority of that contract? He's not playing right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad