Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
@Lt Dan paint me like one of your french girls
You don't happen to have the Heart of the Ocean, do you?

I mean outside of trading a first or byfield and Clarke I don’t care what he does as long as it ends up in him and Luc taking their egos back to the golf course. We are 100% going back to step 3 of 10 in a rebuild anyway it’s inevitable.

Hey as long as the in-game entertainment is stellar...oh, wait.

titanic-band.jpg

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Look, are we the best team in the league? No. But are we at least a pretty good team? Also no. But do we at least have a promising prospect pipeline? Still no. But are we in line for a good pick this year? Also somehow no. But do we at least have a lot of cap space? No we do not. But do we have a competent management group? Definitely not. But are our recent top picks at least looking like they’ll reach their potential? Hmm, curiously, also no.

Uh, wait. What the f***?
We have integrity, passion and family. And that’s what it’s really all about.

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Saw a redditor postgame say the Bluc era has been "nothing short of a MASSIVE wet fart."

He's right. Each night the team lines up its actually Blake taking an explosive dump at center ice for us fans to admire.

It's bold, really

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I love how many of us got fooled by the statement Last Year's Hiller isn't the same as This Year's Hiller

it's the same damn human

then they say, oh but he was Handcuffed Hiller, wait until you meet Unleashed Hiller, totally a different guy

and we're like... yeah makes sense

this is how Politicians trick you into a 2nd mandate as well, Kings can teach us alot about life

at the end of the day, f*** blake what a tool

Reactions: tbrown33

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm not big on beating up Hiller yet on the macro stuff.

The roster decisions are pissing me off, that's for sure.

But I do want to give him some grace on the system changes--we've seen that when they're working (playoffs last year, Bruins game) the uptempo forecheck is far more aggressive and useful for this roster and the aggressive PK is a nice change. It WILL result in looking awful when you get burned because you aren't just passively occupying space and thus that will happen early in the season especially as the first 10-15 games are a total circus.

I'm far more concerned about the roster usage and individual play, there are a LOT of no shows so far.

However, with so long on the road to start the season, there is very limited practice time--so this could get out of hand in a hurry if they don't find a way to shore up.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Saw a redditor postgame say the Bluc era has been "nothing short of a MASSIVE wet fart."

He's right. Each night the team lines up its actually Blake taking an explosive dump at center ice for us fans to admire.

It's bold, really
Massive wet farts can be funny though.

This is more like a shart. You expect one thing, you get something different. And the only consolation prize is an extra brown crayon you didn't want in the first place.

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Was already thinking it during the Boston game and had my thoughts confirmed during the Ottawa game: Foegele is a JAG poster boy. Complete waste of time and is just taking a roster spot on a team that isn't going to be competitive. Jeannot has at least been finishing his checks and has scored a goal but, man, Foegele should get all the venom that is spewed towards Lewis as Trevor has been more effective.

The fact they didn't get routinely blown out last year was due to the system and, even then, they were mostly dogshit against playoff teams. Now they are not playing the defensive system and have a Keumper/Rittich/Copley trio in net and no Drew Doughty.

This team over the last few years had Doughty/Anderson/Roy/Gavrikov/Durzi/Spence/Faber/Clarke in the organization: last night's blueline had Burroughs, Englund and Caleb Jones. They are not going to win many games with this current roster and are extremely fortunate to even have a regulation win at this point.

Bright side is my guy Clarke is playing 17 minutes a night and is at a PPG so far. He is going to make a ton of mistakes but he will figure it out. Of course, this just shines a spotlight on how stupid moving off the rebuild was in an effort to try to win with a roster that wasn't good enough. Here we are now, finally letting a top prospect figure it out at the NHL level without being babied, but the team sucks and the inept management team wasted the majority of the assets it built while putting us, the fans, through some of the worst seasons in team history. And for what? Three first round exits that got worse with each passing season and what will most likely be a complete organizational reset this offseason.

It is still mind blowing these morons were allowed to keep their jobs. Blake already pushed his chips in the table and he busted. This roster has less talent than those of the last three years, a worse coach and no real avenues to make it better which, I suppose, is a good thing.

I don't think I've eve been less interested in an upcoming season than I was this summer. I didn't even know this Jones guy on defense was Caleb Jones and I'm a guy that used to plan his life around not missing games. I turned the game off last night after the second goal and just went to the SN YT channel to watch the highlights. I think we are heading towards AEG feeling the sting at the box office this season which will hopefully be in the nail in the Bluc coffin.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Man

It's usually taken me 40ish games before I get the "meh, might not even watch" feeling

It took 4 this time.
I havent watched a game yet. No need, this team is already sunk.
I realized some time this summer that Rob Blake is Stockton Rush.
Blake built his own crappy sub and now he wants us all to ride it, and pay for it.
I can see quite clearly without getting in that its a loser and will inevitably sink.
So I am staying on shore until the owner of this team pulls his head out of his ass.
Fire the entire front office. I will not watch again until this occurs.
I dont even miss it. So many other games to watch.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I love how many of us got fooled by the statement Last Year's Hiller isn't the same as This Year's Hiller

it's the same damn human

then they say, oh but he was Handcuffed Hiller, wait until you meet Unleashed Hiller, totally a different guy

and we're like... yeah makes sense

this is how Politicians trick you into a 2nd mandate as well, Kings can teach us alot about life

at the end of the day, f*** blake what a tool
Only a few people did and there’s nothing wrong with being hopeful. The same organization that fellated Todd and gave him a contract extension when all he had accomplished was getting bounce first round, there was never a good reason to be hopeful.

This organization clearly has had no idea what it’s doing. We have a brain dead surfer as GM and silver haired used car sales man who is completely blind.

Reactions: chris kontos

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Hey, this has been a GREAT start to the year.

Clarke is showing his ability to produce, Byfield is finally has his training wheels off up the middle, Laferriere is earning a top line spot, Lee earned his way in AND Turcotte is impressing enough to earn a promotion.

Yeah, Spence has had a rough start. Thomas is out on a limb but we don't know the story behind it - and no, Lewis didn't take his spot, another rookie in Lee did. There hasn't been an effective kid line on a playoff level team in the NHL since the 90s. Helenius is on the verge of that 4c role that could see Turcotte move up a spot.

The bridge vets in Jeannot, Edmundson and Lewis are all doing their jobs.

The team is struggling in a good way. If things continue at this level, they can comfortably move Danault for a first+, Gavrikov for at least a 2nd, and potentially Foegle if he continues to be a non-factor.

Kuemper will be bought out this summer. I know the fear is that Blake will reverse course again and make a desperate trade, but he doesn't have the cap or resources to do so this season. By hook or by crook, he painted himself into a corner and the only way out is patience. He essentially wasted so many resources that he has no alternative but to FINALLY do the right thing.

If we could see Fiala dealt for a competent young defenseman, this could be the best year for the Kings since 2014.

Reactions: johnjm22

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
He's gonna be saying that about the draft lottery come June.
“We got second overall , yeah? but we were so close to getting first overall. I believe in this organization and next year we will take first overall”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad