The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Feels like Quinn's career will be derailed by injuries. Sad to see. He has so much potential.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
If Krebs is the answer, you are asking the wrong question or it is more dire than it appears.
I've been pleasantly surprised at his play this season. He finally looks like he actually belongs in the league. He's always been a gamer.

Mitts would give them way more flexibility in dealing with the dreadful play shown thus far by Cozens and Quinn, but you go to war with the army you have.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
"Quinn was injured Saturday against San Jose in a play along the boards during the Sabres 5-2 win against the Sharks. Quinn's left leg rolled up underneath him as his skate blade slid into the lower part of the boards.Jan 30, 2024"

Poor Quinn, its unfortunate but how does one not come to the conclusion that its either the injury still bothering him or the fear of getting injured again.
He played well after the injury last season. It's hard to reconcile how he ended last season with how he's began this one.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He played well after the injury last season. It's hard to reconcile how he ended last season with how he's began this one.

Exactly. Something‘s not right, but they need the guy they had at the end of last year, not the one they have now.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Oddly enough Quinn played pretty darn well against Florida last game. I thought he'd seize the momentum and get going. Perhaps changing up that 2nd line again for last night's game threw them off. I know Benson can't do it on his own, but we need him to get on the scoresheet a bit as well. Him and Cozens sitting with 0 points is really tough after 5 games. It's truly no surprise we have 3 points in 5 games.

I'm wondering if they'll try Kulich in the middle tonight. Lindy did move Cozens to the wing for a couple shifts so maybe he's seeing the light. I think for any line to go, they need their center playing well and on the right side of the puck. If your center is constantly a step or two behind, the line can't function. Kulich looked like he was processing the NHL game very well his last two games. I'm not overly familiar with his game but it'd be a nice surprise if he has hockey IQ that can keep up with Benson for instance.

Can any of our Rochester enthusiasts speak to his time at Center and if he has some modicum of hockey sense?

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Damn.. sure Quinn could use a sit down for a game... but you all writing him off after 3 bad games :help:
Nobodies writing him off, it's just the obvious disappointment in him being a milk carton kid outside of a few shifts vs FLA.

Now the people calling UPL a $5m dollar backup going forward after 3 October starts...yea, that's absurd.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Oddly enough Quinn played pretty darn well against Florida last game. I thought he'd seize the momentum and get going. Perhaps changing up that 2nd line again for last night's game threw them off. I know Benson can't do it on his own, but we need him to get on the scoresheet a bit as well. Him and Cozens sitting with 0 points is really tough after 5 games. It's truly no surprise we have 3 points in 5 games.

I'm wondering if they'll try Kulich in the middle tonight. Lindy did move Cozens to the wing for a couple shifts so maybe he's seeing the light. I think for any line to go, they need their center playing well and on the right side of the puck. If your center is constantly a step or two behind, the line can't function. Kulich looked like he was processing the NHL game very well his last two games. I'm not overly familiar with his game but it'd be a nice surprise if he has hockey IQ that can keep up with Benson for instance.

Can any of our Rochester enthusiasts speak to his time at Center and if he has some modicum of hockey sense?

He really does seem to prefer playing on the left wing. Heck, can they slide him up with Thompson and have JJ provide the separation speed on the second line? It’s frustrating for sure because we’ve seen flashes.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
"Quinn was injured Saturday against San Jose in a play along the boards during the Sabres 5-2 win against the Sharks. Quinn's left leg rolled up underneath him as his skate blade slid into the lower part of the boards.Jan 30, 2024"

Poor Quinn, its unfortunate but how does one not come to the conclusion that its either the injury still bothering him or the fear of getting injured again.

I'm kind of wondering if whatever Ruff's system is making him and Cozens have to think out there. And if you are thinking about what to do next, or where you should be, then you aren't skating fast.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I think too often there are narratives that certain players are just plain bad players while they are in Buffalo, when in reality, most of those players are just bad when misused. They often perform quite well when used appropriately, or go elsewhere and are slotted into roles that better fit their skillset.

Knowing the player's limitations and putting them in the best situation for them to succeed is where the various coaching staffs of this organization have failed for a long time. As fans we should probably question some of the crazy coaching decisions more often than blaming the players who are playing roles that are obviously above what they are qualified to play.
Why are coaches so bad here? Do the bad GMs just hire bad coaches because they don’t know hockey?

I know you’re going to say they’re hiring the wrong coaches but I don’t believe it. The perfect coach will never be available to fit the roster exactly, and no other team completely flails if the coach isn’t a perfect fit.

Feels like Quinn's career will be derailed by injuries. Sad to see. He has so much potential.
Funny that Rossi was supposed to be the one who’s career was derailed by injuries, and now we’d all kill to have him over Quinn.

Adams f***ed up badly by convincing the scouting staff to change their minds after he was hired. If I remember correctly, they were going to take Rossi under Bottrill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad