Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Not at all, I agree wholeheartedly that the philosophy behind it is what I want...but for ALL the kids, not just the one who looks like he's doing something. It's bunk to do this for Laf while burying Arty/Alex/Akil/Gabe/Rasmus and more.

And I don't have a problem with the org trying it either, but they haven't given me any reason to believe they would shift gears if it didn't work. The smug stubbornness has been a feature for years. I'd love to be wrong on either point but history says otherwise.

Arty, 188 NHL games, hasn't shown he can do the little things, but he's "buried"
Turcotte - Injuries
Akil - Injuries
Gabe - Played majority 2nd/3rd line, but was "buried"
Rasmus - in danger of not even being in the league....

Man, some of the irrational hatred for the organization is just...irrational.

No one can think these days, it's f***ing embarrassing.

Reactions: kingsfan28

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Not at all, I agree wholeheartedly that the philosophy behind it is what I want...but for ALL the kids, not just the one who looks like he's doing something. It's bunk to do this for Laf while burying Arty/Alex/Akil/Gabe/Rasmus and more.

And I don't have a problem with the org trying it either, but they haven't given me any reason to believe they would shift gears if it didn't work. The smug stubbornness has been a feature for years. I'd love to be wrong on either point but history says otherwise.
They already ruined those other guys. Laf is up there for lack of better options. I don’t hate it, even if the results aren’t there, better to give those spots to someone who might still be in the league by the next time the Kings are contenders instead of the usual suspects. It’s ultimately moot anyway, we all know Byfield will be back in that spot and good old Lewis will be a 3C mainstay when all is said and done.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Not sure how they buried these guys . Rasmus was given the 3c at one point when Byfield got hurt I think, did nothing with it and was so bad they had to move him off of it. He's just not that good and will be a lifer at 4c or playing in the DEL or KHL. Gabe was always injured and still is, and was moved to the wing when it was obvious the center spot wasn't going to work. Once they moved him to the wing, and pp1 [?] is where he excelled. Arty is an enigma with a hard shot, and can't really do anything else well. Once he fell out of favor with the coaches, that was it. I do agree some guys are stuck behind others, and still scratch my head at Lewis still being on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad