Post-Game Talk: Another Shit Effort, Another Predictable Loss, Rinse, Repeat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
They're going to shutout the Oilers and Keefe will keep his job, then lose to Calgary the next game. Book it

Reactions: BallardEra

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Yeah, when they did that I was just shaking my head. Yes, we didn't know if Schenn would hold up (and now it's moot), but it still clearly worked last year. Weirdly, Dubas WAS discussing a return with Schenn's agent before he left, and once he was out they just.... Didn't bother.
Weird all around.

Not a Dubas fan and I am 100% certain either MM or Willie would had been traded to SJ for EK if he stayed. But I am also 100% certain he would not had traded Lafferty and re-sign Schenn. Would be a coin flip between Acciari and Kampf but might be either as there is Lafferty. Not sure would ROR resigns as I think ROR didn't want to resign but then don't think a lot of teams was jumping to sign him either and thats why he began to warm the idea of resigning with the Leafs and then jumped at Preds' offer.

In hindsight, I think the team might actually be better with either MM or Willie gone and have EK(think he would have a better season if he is with the Leafs). TJ will also be traded to make room too.

Team might have look like this

Domi-AM-MM/Willie
Bert-JT-Calle
Knies-ROR(Klingberg's caphit)-Toffoli(used the TJ's caphit) if MM is the one going to SJ /Robbie(if Willie is the one going to SJ)
Gregor/McMann-Holmberg-Lafferty

Reilly-Schenn
McCabe-EK
Gio/Benoit-Lilly

Sammy and Woll

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
If this was a month or so earlier I would fire Keefe, but at this stage I'm not sure how many suitable candidates there are, and I just don't like the idea of firing a coach this far into the season for a team that is (likely) going to go to the playoffs.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
If this was a month or so earlier I would fire Keefe, but at this stage I'm not sure how many suitable candidates there are, and I just don't like the idea of firing a coach this far into the season for a team that is (likely) going to go to the playoffs.
Seems like bad news if you don't trust the GM to hire a better replacement coach. Then again, I'm not sure I do either.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Someone - Matthews Marner
Holmberg Nylander Jarny (three Cs with Nylander so they can switch it up as fits best)
Someone Tavares Domi

I know i got someone on two lines but i think someone needs to be there :)

Matthews Marner are like Batman and Robin eventually they figure it out

Nylander need more responsability (cant hide behind Matthews) and in return more freedom(not anchord by Tavares)

Tavares need to leed his own line of almost AHL players like in the good old days.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
"Shit happens".

Nice attitude for Keefe to take after his team blows a third straight lead. The most disgusting part is they don't even look like they care. Not one player showed anything in the way of heart tonight.

No big hits, no fights, no nothing.

You'd think these guys would step up for the return of their mentally fragile goaltender. Nope, not the Toronto Maple Leafs. These lazy slugs couldn't even be bothered to play a full sixty minutes.

The Leafs are now 21-20.

A couple more losses and Keefe should be pounding pavement looking for a new job. I'm sure he'll understand it's nothing personal. Just the nature of the game.

Shit happens.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I say again - JT needs to at least pretend to look like he gives a f*** out there.

I know you have young kids - I also know you have family in the area that probably does most of the work for you.

This keeps up I’m fine telling him to hit the bricks once his deal is up and giving the C to Mo who is looking more and more like who should have got it in the first place.

Mitch actually played like he gave a f***, for maybe the 3rd time this season.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
all else being equal I preferred being one of the best teams in the league during the regular season to being a mediocre or worse one

All else being equal, if the results are the same of just making the playoffs every year and going out early, I would rather have the better draft pick.

Assuming they don't trade it that is.

Reactions: rumman

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
All else being equal, if the results are the same of just making the playoffs every year and going out early, I would rather have the better draft pick.
me I love to watch the playoffs man. I bristle at all the sportsnet shift clock line-change play-by-play all year and then in the playoffs it all kind of makes sense

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Weird all around.

Not a Dubas fan and I am 100% certain either MM or Willie would had been traded to SJ for EK if he stayed. But I am also 100% certain he would not had traded Lafferty and re-sign Schenn. Would be a coin flip between Acciari and Kampf but might be either as there is Lafferty. Not sure would ROR resigns as I think ROR didn't want to resign but then don't think a lot of teams was jumping to sign him either and thats why he began to warm the idea of resigning with the Leafs and then jumped at Preds' offer.

In hindsight, I think the team might actually be better with either MM or Willie gone and have EK(think he would have a better season if he is with the Leafs). TJ will also be traded to make room too.

Team might have look like this

Domi-AM-MM/Willie
Bert-JT-Calle
Knies-ROR(Klingberg's caphit)-Toffoli(used the TJ's caphit) if MM is the one going to SJ /Robbie(if Willie is the one going to SJ)
Gregor/McMann-Holmberg-Lafferty

Reilly-Schenn
McCabe-EK
Gio/Benoit-Lilly

Sammy and Woll
You sure Gio and not Makar?

Reactions: Gabriel426

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
The Leafs don't look like a playoff team to me.

This group looks very purposeless and confused as to who does what.

They don't seem to have much focus and intensity.

Reactions: glue

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Everyone saying how crap the red wings are lmao. They got here 30 mins before the game and still come out on top.

Wings now 1 pt behind us. Yikes.

If the other team has any adversity at all to overcome, the Leafs will rarely rise to the occasion to match them.

If a team is going to fight and claw for the win, this team will step aside and let them have it.

The boys don’t care enough about winning, don’t hate losing enough

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Torts would have some great post game moments. It would be great
Well he said it all last night.tje avalanche
Next 8 games could be our season.

We are an average team

Mathews Nylander marner and JT we need more
Boy dubas really f***ed this up .and Keefe had a big hand in it
They were a team
Now Keefe trying not to throw the very guys he wanted under the bus is hilarious

We voted Rielly in, time to vote Keefe out
How many years same lame games

This team is mediocre at best. SO and Loser points have masked how bad we truly are.

Hopefully we will finally see some changes, unfortunately they will only come after we waste another season.

Keefe should've been fired, not extended.
Ya but it's pretty ugly without loser points
But let's hope we don't give Cowan away for tanev or some stupid move

Whitewolfgang

Dec 12, 2023
Only saw a ten minute highlight version. How was it overall? Deserved to lose or they were in it?

Sounds like Sammy was good mostly?
As a group, they looked sluggish and slow to my eye. A few guys had a couple of bursts here and there (Domi, Reilly, Bert, etc.) but mostly everyone looked...average. PP was bad, no sustained pressure, few good SOG.
The game honestly reminded me of SJ vs Ottowa on Saturday- chaotic, disjointed play punctuated by a random goal here and there, the exception being there were a few more of them.

Reactions: BallardEra

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Keefe must get replaced. Shelf life has expired. Team is not listening and certainly not responding. It is not that he is a bad coach, but the players are not engaged. When 3rd and 4th line players are not engaged it is because they will not pick up the lack of engagement of the top players.
There is certainly a lack of passion across this team. Bleeding for the crest does not happen.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Wow lots of great excuses here. They are just not a very good team, poorly constructed, cannot rise to the occasion when needed. basically just a very mediocre team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad