Another fight after a clean hit (Brad Stuart obliterates Pietrangelo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Unfortunately, this won't be the last time this will happen. Definitely didn't like Stewarts actions there, and he deservingly got a penalty, but people need to stop acting like this is the only time this has happened.

STLhockey91*

In my opinion, there was a bit of an elbow on that hit. Plus, Stuart dropped his gloves first so he didn't hesitate to fight. Plus, there should have been a tie down, but too bad the blues are playing in Detroit.

BTW Stewart murdered him though :)

HarassmentPanda

Jul 11, 2009
St. Louis
Wow. This happens all the time. Stewart got the instigator and a misconduct. We wouldn't be making a big deal about this if Stuart didn't get destroyed. He also dropped his gloves first.

Frozen Fiend

DOUBLE D
Oct 22, 2007
Kalamazoo
a lot of crying in this thread. who cares if stuart was challenged. he better have been. Petro is easily our best player. after seeing perron out of a season.. clean hit or not.. you have to send a message.

Or you know, your players could just keep their head up. Then they wouldn't have to worry about perfectly clean plays.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
I'll let you guess. I also like you implying "mess" means "illegal hit."

Answer the question. How did Stuart mess with anyone. He played the game fairly...he CHECKED someone...you know...it's part of the game... So players are only allowed to check 3/4 liners players now? Star players are off limits? And if they get checked, just checked... you have to get pummeled? Sounds dumb if you ask me.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Stuart chose to fight and Stewart still got the instigator, so what is there to complain about?

mizzoublues29

Unregistered User
Apr 10, 2009
Columbia, MO
The other night Perron got hit real hard with a clean hit...and Backes jumped whoever hit him. I have no problem players sticking up for the star players. It happens all the time, not sure why this one is so different.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
a lot of crying in this thread. who cares if stuart was challenged. he better have been. Petro is easily our best player. after seeing perron out of a season.. clean hit or not.. you have to send a message.
Let's just take hitting out of the game, eh?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Not sure what the issue is.

Good hit by Stuart. Good "teammating" by Stewart. Good call by the officials.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
In my opinion, there was a bit of an elbow on that hit. Plus, Stuart dropped his gloves first so he didn't hesitate to fight. Plus, there should have been a tie down, but too bad the blues are playing in Detroit.

BTW Stewart murdered him though :)

There's always one person in a thread that drops the elbow conspiracy...even though the elbow wasn't even near his face/head.

DisgruntledLionFan

Apr 23, 2007
Meh, don't see what the fuss is about.

Though, Stewart should have picked a better spot.

Might pick up a suspension in today's NHL.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
lol at Wings fans. Stuart dropped the gloves first. If he does not want to fight, he can skate away. Fighting is a part of hockey, if you don't like it watch basketball.

ZetterBurger

Oct 4, 2011
Detroit, MI
I don't think anybody has a problem with them fighting. The building just got loud and the teams were on a line change and PLY STOPPED for the fight. Take it up with him at a whistle or go tag him back later. There should be an extra two for what Stewart did plus an instigator.

theripper

Jan 22, 2010
Toronto
stewart came off the bench solely to attack a guy,who made a clean hit,and they werent even near the puck. should suspend idiots like this

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Brad Stuart didn't have to drop the mitts, so you can stop complaining now.

Hooch314

Mar 16, 2008
Stewart is a coward, and a moron.

You go and fight a guy who you know can't fight, after a hit that everyone knows is clean, and put your team on the penalty kill after having the majority of momentum during that period.

That wasn't even a matter of not being able to fight other hockey players. Stuart looked like he has never been in a fight in his entire life.

I've never seen a more one sided fight than the one that just took place. Should it have taken place? Probably not. But MY GOODNESS.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
The Blues recent success has certainly brought out a whole slew of cocky "fans". If the fighting keeps up after clean hits the people trying to get hitting out of the game will bring up situations like these. Take your shoulder and deal with it.

tede

Oct 30, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Yep, this is a reason the instigator exists. I'm sick of morons saying it needs to be removed.

There are pros and cons to the instigator rule. Just like everything else. Having a different opinion does not make someone a moron. I wish fights didn't happen after every clean hit, and guess what, they don't. If a player makes a clean hit, willingly drops the gloves after, no extra penalties should be handed out. Not sure if that's what happened in this case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad