Post-Game Talk: Another day, another 1 goal loss (5-4 Sens in SO)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
You asked, so here's my advice. Stop being so short-sighted and selfish, and think of the future. Why settle for mediocrity when you can win the cup? Think long term, buddy. That's how we do it. No pain, no gain.

I stated in my post that I understand the long term, I just don't understand those rooting for a loss

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Great game today for many leafs and very refreshing to see after that lackluster season last year. All I would change is arcobello out next game as well as marincin and give corrado a shot otherwise pretty happy with the effort even after a loss.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Looks like Edmonton, Buffalo, Carolina and New Jersey are really going to give us some competition for the Auston Cup this year ...

No one is talking about Boston in that mix.....yet.

They've got a tire fire in the making over there.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
No one is talking about Boston in that mix.....yet.

They've got a tire fire in the making over there.

i don't think Buffalo or Boston will be in the same hurt that we, and Carolina will be. NJ is tough to pick because they have goaltending and defense.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Looks like Edmonton, Buffalo, Carolina and New Jersey are really going to give us some competition for the Auston Cup this year ...

Don't forget about Philly. Lost 7-1 to Florida and had a team only meeting two games into the season. :laugh:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Extremely entertaining game. Apart from the first half of the second period, the Leafs thoroughly outplayed the Sens, which is really impressive considering they were playing the second game of a back-to-back. Great games from a ton of players, but especially from Bozak and his line.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Great game today for many leafs and very refreshing to see after that lackluster season last year. All I would change is arcobello out next game as well as marincin and give corrado a shot otherwise pretty happy with the effort even after a loss.

Have to agree. Marincin does not look like NHL quality, too slow with and without the puck. Would probably be okay in the A.

Agree also with Arcobello, also looks slow and clearly has no confidence right now.

Thought it was a good effort, teams of past years would never have put in that effort to get back in the game. Once it went to the SO I was prepared for the loss.

Should be a good week of practice to get ready for CLB on Friday!

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Considering they were losing 3-0 at the one point for the Leafs to come out of this game with 1 point was good to see, because it shows they did not quit like last night against Detroit. Where they were unlucky was Boyes not scoring on that breakaway in overtime and when it was 4 on 3 because of the power play.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Not related to our game, but it honestly boggles my mind how the universe gifts the oilers 1st after 1st and they still suck

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
i don't think Buffalo or Boston will be in the same hurt that we, and Carolina will be. NJ is tough to pick because they have goaltending and defense.

Buffalo is in better shape than Boston IMO. Buffalo didnt sell the farm for Debrusk and Senyshyn and the Bruins were just dominated by the same Montreal team we played so well against on Wed. Rask can save them some games but it's gonna get bad there IMO.

Your right though that Carolina is gonna blow up huge if things get bad early.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I forgot to mention that I could not stand Glenn Healy with all his phrase for Erik Karlsson. Ok we know he has won the Norris Trophy 2 times which he mentioned multiple occasions and I just about lost it when he called him "The best Defenseman in the world."

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Not related to our game, but it honestly boggles my mind how the universe gifts the oilers 1st after 1st and they still suck

It's actually kind of awesome. They now have one undeniably great young talent to go along with a bunch of overhyped talents who prefer the perimeter.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Sucks to lose in the gimmick that is the shootout.

Nonetheless glad I didn't turn it off after the 3rd Ottawa goal. What a game and great effort to battle back.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I stated in my post that I understand the long term, I just don't understand those rooting for a loss

Yeah, I'm with you.

I'm all on board the rebuild. What I want most of all is to see progress from our pieces with some future on the team, and see better system and character. I don't exactly care much about getting wins. However, wishing for losses just feels completely wrong to me. I get indifference due to what's best long-term, but I'm not a fan solely so I can gloat about my team winning the Stanley Cup in 10 years. Fandom is as much about the journey as the destination to me.

I have a nephew who for his own good need to learn not to just take for granted that someone will catch him in all situations. I know that at some point he'll jump off something and not have hands there, and he'll hurt himself. That doesn't mean I actively hope for it to happen, even if it is for his own long-term good. It will, I'm resigned to the fact and that it's necessary, but I love him and couldn't wish that to happen even if I tried.

No idea if that made sense. It's late, and it was the first thing I thought of.

Either way, to each their own. I'd rather have a rebuild built on great development and great drafting than one built on a few extremely high draft picks though. That might influence things.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Sucks to lose in the gimmick that is the shootout.

Nonetheless glad I didn't turn it off after the 3rd Ottawa goal. What a game and great effort to battle back.

I wouldn't call the shootout a gimmick, as it's been around forever. A gimmick is a more apt description of the 3 on 3 OT. Having said that, the 3 on 3 looks like a lot of fun.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

In a way, it shows that a lot of their #1 picks are either over hyped or they didn't develop them properly. Good thing is, if they continue to sucks, I can see McDavid coming to TO before he is UFA.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I wouldn't call the shootout a gimmick, as it's been around forever. A gimmick is a more apt description of the 3 on 3 OT. Having said that, the 3 on 3 looks like a lot of fun.

You must be young.

It is a gimmick & goes against team concepts & efforts.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Shoot out is the worse.

I was torn when they added the loser point in OT, bc at that time OT was really boring esp., toward the end of the season when teams need points for playoffs.
The shoutout is complete crap and should not exist. Just let the teams have a tie.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
I forgot to mention that I could not stand Glenn Healy with all his phrase for Erik Karlsson. Ok we know he has won the Norris Trophy 2 times which he mentioned multiple occasions and I just about lost it when he called him "The best Defenseman in the world."

I have to admit, my one real goal for this season, is on a HNIC broadcast where Healy's gushing over something ridiculous, Lou Lam comes out in full Sopranos mode, goes "You. Dat's enough outta you." Grabs the microphone out of Healy's hand, drops it on the ground, and walks off.

Rogers' stock goes up overnight.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You guys think Bernier goes back in?

Feels like a goalie controversy could be back legitimately. I could see Reimer getting the next start, but not sure.
Next Friday and Saturday they play back to back so I can see Bernier starting at least one game. However the question is does he play in Columbus or in Pittsburgh?

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013

You don't understand them because the way you look at it, they're rooting for a loss. But they way THEY look at it, they're not rooting for a loss, they're rooting for a first overall pick. A "loss" is a win towards that goal. It's all about perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad