Post-Game Talk: Another day, another 1 goal loss (5-4 Sens in SO)

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I say eliminate the "bonus point" or ties and just play 3 on 3 till it ends like the playoffs. It would always be under a period but the action would be amazing. No worries about loser points and no skills comp to decide playoff positions.

A 10 minute 3 on 3 OT would end the overwhelming majority of games. The shootout is bogus.

Macman

May 15, 2004
That was the loudest crowd I've heard in Toronto in a while. Maybe because this team actually seems to try. Entertaining game.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Good loss. Bozak showing that he's actually a player, as much as some people here say he isn't. Penalty trouble killed us, aside from that it was a decent game. That's probably another loss that Babs will talk highly of, which I think will become a recurring theme this season.

Bozak looked the best i have seen since his initial season. His coverage was good,his feet were always moving and he was positioned well on both sides of the round puck(kidding) he was positionally sound offensively and defensively all night except for the snooze i had in the first period i watch him play right good.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
I can't stand the "fans" that are happy with this loss.

I get you want a high pick and all, but how can you watch that game and not be sad that we lost?

I'm a huge leafs fan and I do see the big picture, but how do you guys root for the leafs to lose? I just can't do it

995174b33b9d595eba80ece1b03129e2.jpg

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto

I get you want a high pick and all, but how can you watch that game and not be sad that we lost?
a fan enjoys watching their team win, end of discussion

if the leafs happen to lose then so be it... but to wish for a loss is just ********, go watch baseball or another crappy show

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Horrible first half, fantastic second half.

Flirted with doing something else at one point, glad I stuck with it really fun game!

Even checked out the Sens GDT and to say they were annoyed at the comeback would be putting it lightly :D

I can take the losses as long as there's entertainment, tonight was a perfect example of an easy to take loss for me.

They might need to practice a bit of that 3 on 3 strategy though, Leafs had tons of opportunity there.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

I'm a huge leafs fan and I do see the big picture, but how do you guys root for the leafs to lose? I just can't do it

it was a good loss. they were down, they battled back, dominated but then loss.

they weren't hemmed in (too often), they didn't tuck their tails between the legs. why be sad that we lost? it was a good played game bummer result, but not even mad about how they played.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Keep your eyes on the prize boys... These points will be totally undesirable in April.

Embrace the pain.

It will take at least 10-15 games for the team to get used to Babcock's system and for line combinations/defense pairings to be solidified. Don't be surprised if the Leafs get better as the season progresses.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Bozak looked the best i have seen since his initial season. His coverage was good,his feet were always moving and he was positioned well on both sides of the round puck(kidding) he was positionally sound offensively and defensively all night except for the snooze i had in the first period i watch him play right good.

Bozak was actually a dogged and formidable forechecker tonight. Several times he used his body to angle Sens off the puck and take possession for the Leafs. Bozak and Komarov may be a good pair to keep together.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
honestly not surprised, once Lupul missed I had a feeling Hoffman would score. Another loss, so used to it right now. Oh well

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

I agree. I want a win at all times, however, I do understand the need to rebuild with high draft picks. I just won't ever cheer for our Leafs to lose, ever!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad