Player Discussion Andrew Peeke

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He's not a Chara anything!

Peeke's a 3rd pair defenseman. Chara was a first team all-star before he came to Boston.
I was referring to Zadorov but I guess you didn't see the post that I was replying to. I should've said Zadorov instead of "he." I've corrected it since.
In comparison to Chara, I'm just saying to give Zadorov a chance before we
go crazy if/when there are pitfalls for the first few months while the new guys work into the system.
IIRC, when Florida made the big trade for Tkachuk, they started out rough and barely made the playoffs, then, by the end of the season they went to the finals (in '23).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Well I'm not that bright of a guy so I'm wondering this, if Columbus wanted to get rid of him so badly, why not put him on waivers first to see if there were any takers? Unless of course they did and nobody took him?
Good point and not sure. maybe it had to do with the management change or maybe they felt he did indeed have some value in a trade.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The Bruins were looking for a right shot physical penalty killer who blocks shots, plays the body - eats Forbort- who’s injured, minutes, is taller than Grizz, and they can roll the dice at developing long term

They seen him play - he was drafted in the 24-34 range in 2016 that Frederic, Max Jones, abd Riley Tufte went

he’s been on one of the 5 worst franchises last 3-4 seasons- a complete train wreck with young players

Their coach and GM and player Dev were fired or under scrutiny and they brought in JD to be President or face of organization

The Bruins have if you haven’t been paying close attention easily - not even close, the weakest defense pool in hockey notably on the right side

Adam McQuaid watched him and suggested I think we can fill third pair RD who can do the above mentioned

They gamble if they don’t just get him and allow waivers

It made complete sense - unless you want Grizz killing penalties in the playoffs

So we have searched far and wide in the Summer and land on Lysell & Peeke - some korpi (few people don’t get that either)

Bottom line: we are going to be spectacular this season

Worrying about Fabian Lysell & Andrew Peeke :laugh:

Ya’ll as my mammy used to say ‘boredom leads to worry’

we are loaded - we will destroy teams

Playoffs start mid April

Go Bruins !!!!!

Thank you Cam, Don, and Adam

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The Bruins were looking for a right shot physical penalty killer who blocks shots, plays the body - eats Forbort- who’s injured, minutes, is taller than Grizz, and they can roll the dice at developing long term

They seen him play - he was drafted in the 24-34 range in 2016 that Frederic, Max Jones, abd Riley Tufte went

he’s been on one of the 5 worst franchises last 3-4 seasons- a complete train wreck with young players

Their coach and GM and player Dev were fired or under scrutiny and they brought in JD to be President or face of organization

The Bruins have if you haven’t been paying close attention easily - not even close, the weakest defense pool in hockey notably on the right side

Adam McQuaid watched him and suggested I think we can fill third pair RD who can do the above mentioned

It made complete sense - unless you want Grizz killing penalties in the playoffs

So we have searched far and wide in the Summer and land on Lysell & Peeke - some korpi (few people don’t get that either)

Playoffs start mid April

Go Bruins !!!!!

No love for Evan Gold smh my head.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I was referring to Zadorov but I guess you didn't see the post that I was replying to. I should've said Zadorov instead of "he." I've corrected it since.
In comparison to Chara, I'm just saying to give Zadorov a chance before we
go crazy if/when there are pitfalls for the first few months while the new guys work into the system.
IIRC, when Florida made the big trade for Tkachuk, they started out rough and barely made the playoffs, then they went to the finals (in '23).

Got it.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The guy getting no love is Ryan Nadeau

What he is doing without a regular allotment of draft picks is amazing

Since the last dominos pizza slice was finished from the good - riddance Keith Gretzky to Edmonton party , what the Bruins have done has been nothing short of a miracle
I'm going to remind you of this on a certain Saturday in August.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Playoffs start mid April

Go Bruins !!!!!

When can we see you join DOM s YouTube Tuesday show? DKH makes my day!

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
The way I see it there is no doubt that Andrew Peeke’s numbers and playing time from last season are notable, but this notion that those numbers are reflective of what he truly is as a player and what his value is…that’s just ludicrous!

If you start with his pedigree and follow it through to the draft you can see why he was drafted at 34, that’s almost first round material. Couple that with his overall NHL career so far and there is clearly more evidence to indicate that he is an elite shot suppressor and a solid physical presence, rather than “the worst defenseman in the NHL”. He really is a big, physical, right-handed shut down defenseman and they are rare, plus he is young for those types of players.

At age 23 he played all 82 games for the Blue Jackets (1 of only 2 players to do that), he averaged 21:29 minutes per game (3rd among CBJ skaters). His 169 blocked shots led his team and was good for 6th in the entire NHL. The 191 hits he amassed were second on the Blue Jackets, only old friend Sean Kuraly had more, that was good for 31st overall in the NHL.

The next season, as a 24 year old, he played 80 games, tied for most on the team with Johnny Gaudreau. He averaged 21:15 (4th among skaters) and was just 3 seconds behind Gudbranson in 3rd. His 197 blocks again lead his team and he was tied for 2nd in the NHL. His 180 hits were again second to Kuraly on the Blue Jackets and good for 47th overall in the NHL.

There is far more evidence that Pascal Vincent was a trainwreck than there is that Andrew Peeke forgot how to play hockey. Enough with this crap, let him play a full season here and then come back and discuss what he’s worth.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I fail to see how a notoriously shitty organization with an overall trainwreck of an operation is somehow a negative endorsement of Peeke’s abilities.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I fail to see how a notoriously shitty organization with an overall trainwreck of an operation is somehow a negative endorsement of Peeke’s abilities.
Because people here will debate everything over and over and over. I don't know, too much time on their/our hands or just a bored, nitpicky argumentative bunch or all of the above?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting Columbus regretting the Peeke trade (rookie GM) grabbed the exact same player in Charlie Elick at 34 (size, RD, style)

Thank you Adam

Great to have intel to hear all these juicy stuff off season to get ready for season

Bruins cookout next weekend and looking forward to seeing Swayman at Warrior

Hopefully he spills the beans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad