Music: New Linkin Park

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I haven't listened to Linkin Park in a while, probably since the 00s (Mostly Meteora and HT. And M2M had Shadow of The Day and that song from Transformers.) and even then I was just causally into them but when did they go to a more Pop/Hip-Hopish style?

I listened to the first two songs in this thread and they were bad-to-meh at best. Then I just heard this song, beat is decent and Pusha T's verse is sick but it just doesn't feel like a Linkin Park song. Seems like it was meant for like G-Eazy or The Chainsmokers or someone like that.

Linkin Park plus Pusha T just seems like an odd combo. I know they did Collision Course (which was great by the way) but that was more of a mashup then straight collaborations.

Last edited:

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener

desperate-pathetic.gif

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I watched some of the concert yesterday and I thought she sounded awful. I've seen Linkin Park a ton of times live and I'm happy for those fans that will enjoy this and the shows they'll play but this is simply not for me.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
I’m going to have an open mind with the new vocalist. Curious to hear their new stuff.

Hopefully she addresses the allegations at some point, but for now I can only hope that she has distanced herself from the Church of Scientology in the last decade, and that she has had a change of heart regarding Masterson since attending his preliminary trials.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Replacing Chester Bennington who struggled and was outspoken about mental illness with someone who is linked to a cult that does not believe in the existence of such illnesses, does not sound really appropriate to me.

Also being a rape apologist is just the cherry on the cake.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Replacing Chester Bennington who struggled and was outspoken about mental illness with someone who is linked to a cult that does not believe in the existence of such illnesses, does not sound really appropriate to me.

Also being a rape apologist is just the cherry on the cake.
Counterpoint: have you considered the $$$$$???

They should be ashamed of themselves

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Perhaps I’m being naive but I feel like calling her a « rape apologist » is a bit of a stretch. It can’t be easy to accept that your good friend has committed heinous acts, especially when that person might be trying to convince you otherwise. As far as I understand it, she only attended Danny Masterson’s preliminary hearing.

Here is a quote from her directly:

“Several years ago, I was asked to support someone I considered a friend at a court appearance, and went to one early hearing as an observer,” she explained. “Soon after, I realized I shouldn’t have. I always try to see the good in people and I misjudged him. I have never spoken with him since. Unimaginable details emerged and he was later found guilty.”

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I can't get behind this, it sounds like shit and I was a big LP fan for a long time but after Chester's passing, if they were going to bring someone back, I would have rather it was someone with either a similar voice or something unique, but hearing a female voice behind it just makes me think this is some weird Evanescence shit and I'm not really for that, also the new lead singer is kind of a piece of shit.

Imagine backing a rapist that also sexually assaulted someone your bandmate knows and still going and supporting that rapist and then only recently removing them as your friend on social media. Yeah, hard pass. The fact that the drummer left and another member just wants to do studio work but not tour with them is saying a lot without words.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I'm not sold. Last songs I liked were from Living Things but it was only a few of them and that was with Chester.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Listened to their latest single and honestly Emily sounds really good on it, although the song itself isn’t great IMO. I am not very fond of the male vocalist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad