Best AHL forwards with more than 100 AHL GP that were successful in NHL?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Paul was a late bloomer/project but I am confident he will have a long and accomplished career. I would certainly rate him above Dzingel and wouldnt be surprised if he accomplishes more than Hoffman when all is said and done.

Others since 2005-2006
- Brad Marchand
- JT Miller
- Nazem Kadri
- Jonathan Marchessault
- Brandon Montour
- Gus Nyqvist
- Kevin Fiala
- Tomas Tatar
- Brian Boyle
- Clarke MacArthur
- Kyle Palmieri
- Kris Versteeg
- Mav Bourque
- Andrew Mangiapane
- Andrei Kostitsyn
- Tommy Novak
- Matt Moulson
- Connor Brown
- Jonathan Cheechoo
- Vlad Namestnikov
- Curtis Glenncross
- Tanner Pearson
- Mat Perreault
- Rich Peverley
- Tyler Johnson
- Michael Amadio
- Frans Nielsen
- Stefan Noesen
- Pat Maroon
- Teddy Purcell
- PA Parenteau
- David Desharnais

I sorted by PPG so am probably missing a bunch of D and role players, too
JT Miller is a good one just over 100 ahl games and very successful nhl career

Reactions: Czechboy

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
David Desharnais.
IMG_6345.png

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This thread seems to disprove the theory.

I would also add that if we count pro-games in KHL/SHL/etc. the list of good-to-great-to-elite players with >100GP at those levels would rise exponentially.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

villacco

Dec 21, 2013
Villach
The first name, that came to mind was Martin St. Louis.
Pretty surprised, that he only played 95 games in the AHL. But he was very productive (114 points)

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
An international prospect that can join the AHL at age 18 playing 100 AHL games is very reasonable (See David Jiricek, he has 84 AHL games already).

But a guy who comes out of college, or the OHL, or out of a euro league after a few years over there is very different.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
An international prospect that can join the AHL at age 18 playing 100 AHL games is very reasonable (See David Jiricek, he has 84 AHL games already).

But a guy who comes out of college, or the OHL, or out of a euro league after a few years over there is very different.
Jiricek is a dman. They take longer. So do goalies. In fact.. I suspect a lot of NHL dman have spent over 100 games in AHL.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Stars or guys with 1000+ game careers I think you could make that point. But good NHLers less so. Sometimes you have players that just get stuck with the numbers games on good teams, which happened a lot on those Dats/Z led Wings teams. There is also the college/Europe factor where these guys get AHL time but are already significantly older than Junior guys coming to the AHL. Euro guys may only play 1 season in the AHL but they have more pro development time.

Guys with Wings ties

500 Games + at the NHL Level
Tomas Tatar
Gus Nyquist
Tomas Kopecky
Justin Abdelkader
Darren Helm
Jiri Hudler
Tomas Fleischmann
Riley Sheahan
Luke Glendenning (over 100 with playoffs at 99 reg season AHL/ECHL)

Guys close to that 500 game bench
Anthony Mantha
Tyler Bertuzzi
Andreas Athanasiou

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I think there's a lot: Desharnais, Ryder, Ribeiro, Higgins, and Cammalleri from the Habs at least.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
First name that came to mind was Mike Keane.

443 AHL games & 1,161 NHL games played. That’s a lot of games! Though most of his time in the AHL was spent following his NHL career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad