Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Ilyin has 2 points in 5 games so far in the KHL.

Looks like Tankov is also playing in the KHL right now. Scoreless in 2 games.

I'm holding firm on Ilyin being the Pens 3rd best prospect. He'll be playing tomorrow at 12pm EST live at the usual places.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
If you ever wanted to know how much these tournaments matter look at what Avery Hayes is doing.
There's definitely some age/development disparity in these prospect tournaments. Hayes will be 22 next month and has pro experience. Also playing on the top line and PP.

Hayes starting shit with a guy twice his size and we get offsetting roughing penalties. YLTSI

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
McGroaty's been creating a bunch of chances, at least 3 by my count, but no goal. Draws a penalty on the PP to put the Pens on the 5 on 3.

Some dangerous looks but the Sabres kill both penalties.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
McGroaty's been creating a bunch of chances, at least 3 by my count, but no goal. Draws a penalty on the PP to put the Pens on the 5 on 3.

Some dangerous looks but the Sabres kill both penalties.
Also noticeably responsible in the neutral zone

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
General impressions through basically 3 games:

Ponomarev, McGroarty, Broz, and Koivunen look a cut above the rest of the forward group. I think Pono could play in the bottom 6 and PK for the big club right now and not look out of place.

It's harder for me to evaluate the D but I've liked Brunicke the most. He's big, aggressive play style, can skate pretty well, and is one of the youngest guys in this tournament at just 18 years old. Like Pickering's D partner Scooter Brickey (what a name) is 7 years older than him.

Honorable Mentions to Avery Hayes who has gotten on the scoresheet I think in all 3 games? And he got a hatty, how could I not include him. Also Murashov. I don't have the actual numbers but they've got to be significantly better than Gauthier's in this small sample size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad