Player Discussion Andrew Peeke

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Bruins can give swayman $8m a year and have 1.35m left in cap. Swap out Peeke for brannstrom and korpisalo for bussi and that’s $5.4m for a RW. Plenty enough for a top 6 RW.
How many posts saying the same thing is it going to take to actually change the situation?:naughty:
Stick to your guns bro', I respect that about you.
Brannstrom, Eric, ex Senator, now COL, I assume, is a 5'10", 185lbs. That would fit with how they're trying to build their D.:sarcasm:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
How many posts saying the same thing is it going to take to actually change the situation?:naughty:
Stick to your guns bro', I respect that about you.
Brannstrom, Eric, ex Senator, now COL, I assume, is a 5'10", 185lbs. That would fit with how they're trying to build their D.:sarcasm:

It absolutely would

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Zadorov-branstrom

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bruins can give swayman $8m a year and have 1.35m left in cap. Swap out Peeke for brannstrom and korpisalo for bussi and that’s $5.4m for a RW. Plenty enough for a top 6 RW.

And after finally ending the Gryz era, the Bruins were going to go out and sign a lesser version of the same player and then play him out of position?

• Love
Reactions: Mad-Marcus

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
And after finally ending the Gryz era, the Bruins were going to go out and sign a lesser version of the same player and then play him out of position?

Yes so you can have a top 6 RW that isn’t Geekie, lysell or brazeau.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yes and still beat out peeke for a spot in the lineup. Idk about small unless you consider 6ft small

Boqvist is a former top 10 pick and someone who I expect would start over a bottom pairing guy but even that as it may, Columbus has made one bad decision after another and getting into the " they're blowing his development " territory with Boqvist. Peeke's limited time here in Boston has been more good than bad and there's a lot to like about his game. He's getting paid relative to his peers in his age/status group, brings size and some jam, and will help spell our best dman from extended work on the PK. Columbus can continue with the sucking and waiting in anticipation for that 2027 third round pick to finally be announced.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Boqvist is a former top 10 pick and someone who I expect would start over a bottom pairing guy but even that as it may, Columbus has made one bad decision after another and getting into the " they're blowing his development " territory with Boqvist. Peeke's limited time here in Boston has been more good than bad and there's a lot to like about his game. He's getting paid relative to his peers in his age/status group, brings size and some jam, and will help spell our best dman from extended work on the PK. Columbus can continue with the sucking and waiting in anticipation for that 2027 third round pick to finally be announced.

Ya idk maybe I just live in a crazy world where I would rather spend more money on a 2nd line winger than a 6th defender.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Ya idk maybe I just live in a crazy world where I would rather spend more money on a 2nd line winger than a 6th defender.

in a perfect world, sure. But the Bruins have some prospects who are at the point in their development of needing a shot at making the roster and probably don't want to block them with more JVR projects or career losers like Jeff Skinner. If the kids falter or start to hit that rookie wall down the road, you make a move then to shore up the weak spots. Right now, the team is sitting pretty good on paper ( once Swayman signs ) and will yet again be one of the best teams in the East while teams like Columbus will continue to wonder why they have to trade out decent players for futures at the trade deadline.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
in a perfect world, sure. But the Bruins have some prospects who are at the point in their development of needing a shot at making the roster and probably don't want to block them with more JVR projects or career losers like Jeff Skinner. If the kids falter or start to hit that rookie wall down the road, you make a move then to shore up the weak spots. Right now, the team is sitting pretty good on paper ( once Swayman signs ) and will yet again be one of the best teams in the East while teams like Columbus will continue to wonder why they have to trade out decent players for futures at the trade deadline.

Ahhh so we can rescue peeke from being a career loser but not skinner.

Also skinner just an example could be anyone really that’s fit for top 6.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Doesn’t have to be skinnier could be anyone for top 6.

But hey skinner was good enough for a teams that’s had much more recent success than the bruins.

It's the throw anyone with McDavid/Drai approach. Good for them. I don't think he would have been a good fit for here and he would have only served to have blocked one of the kids still on their ELC from making it.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It's the throw anyone with McDavid/Drai approach. Good for them. I don't think he would have been a good fit for here and he would have only served to have blocked one of the kids still on their ELC from making it.

I personally don’t care if any RW comes in and blocks an ELC. I want this team to win. I want the best team on the ice. I’m sick of being bounced unless we play toronto first round. If that’s a player on an ELC fine, if not I don’t care who it is as long as they are the best for that spot.

McAvoy and pasta are on their primes. Elias Lindholm is 30. Marchands knocking on retirement. Who the hell cares about blocking ELCs if there’s possible upgrades.

What are we going to do irreparable harm to the development of Justin brazeau who turns 27 mid season?

Last edited:
Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I personally don’t care if any RW comes in and blocks an ELC. I want this team to win. I want the best team on the ice. I’m sick of being bounced unless we play toronto first round. If that’s a player on an ELC fine, if not I don’t care who it is as long as they are the best for that spot.

McAvoy and pasta are on their primes. Elias Lindholm is 30. Marchands knocking on retirement. Who the hell cares about blocking ELCs if there’s possible upgrades.

What are we going to do irreparable harm to the development of Justin brazeau who turns 27 mid season?

Not every Stanley cup winner was stacked 1-12 for their forward lineup in early July. As it stands, the team made upgrades. It's highly unlikely we're looking at the full playoff roster of May of 2025 right now, lol.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
We don't need this top 6 forward some of you think we do.

Do you really not think Poitras (or another prospect) cannot be at least as good as Evan Rodriguez? That was Florida's second line center. We are fine (assuming we sign Swayman).

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
We don't need this top 6 forward some of you think we do.

Do you really not think Poitras (or another prospect) cannot be at least as good as Evan Rodriguez? That was Florida's second line center. We are fine (assuming we sign Swayman).
If you’re counting Poitras as the middle six forward, your math is off. He’s already been counted in.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
The B's have built a defense corp that can play all over the lineup for different situations, The flexibility is ridiculous. No one guy should play too many miutes

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The B's have built a defense corp that can play all over the lineup for different situations, The flexibility is ridiculous. No one guy should play too many miutes
This defense also gives you depth, how playoffs have taken a bad turn because of injuries , Carlo, Lindstrom just to name a couple, love this D..............And please can we have a year of acknowledgement of just how good and how important Carlo is to this team.

Fine, just don’t sign peeke and we have enough room to sign skinner/branstrom easiest solution.
Yes! let's get older with Skinner, and go back to being smaller with Brannstrom,............keep your freaking hands off this defense.

Ad

Ad

Ad