CFL 2024

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Jackson and Simon both need to be gone before anymore long term permanent damage is done. Or maybe it’s impossible to screw this up even more.
I'm glad to see Ford getting some love. Posted sometime back imagine having an exciting young emerging QB who won games last year only to be tossed aside by a failing GM/Coach and further stalled out by his successors. So little trust they exhausted all options first. On a death spiral franchise that could use good new stories (well and W's).

Now halfway through another lost season within a systemic losing culture he gets a chance. About now a half season away from freedom. Seems like a tall order to retain a good, developing Canadian unicorn after all team actions, not words, have suggested no trust or belief.

Step right up Riders. Free Ford!

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
I couldn't stop laughing at the end of the game I'm so glad I kept watching. Also really funny how TSN kept showing Ford packages until JJ finally put him in.

I really hope we find a way to keep Ford
This team needs to keep Ford and build around him, the only other option would be to sign Rourke if he comes back. Nothing else is acceptable.

It's amazing how hung up the team seems to be that he creates with his feet on certain plays like its a bad thing. I don't see him take off too soon usually, last night any other QB would be dead to rights in a couple of situations that he got out of. It's a gift not something to be ashamed of.

Not comparing him to to Lamar Jackson, but the same narrative still happens with him at times. People don't like running QB's as a whole.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This team needs to keep Ford and build around him, the only other option would be to sign Rourke if he comes back. Nothing else is acceptable.

It's amazing how hung up the team seems to be that he creates with his feet on certain plays like its a bad thing. I don't see him take off too soon usually, last night any other QB would be dead to rights in a couple of situations that he got out of. It's a gift not something to be ashamed of.

Not comparing him to to Lamar Jackson, but the same narrative still happens with him at times. People don't like running QB's as a whole.
There is nothing wrong with a running QB if he can throw the ball. Don't really hear many people complaining about the guys in the NFL that can do both.

Opens up so many different options for your offense if you have a QB that can run the ball

The problem is when you have a rushing QB that can't throw the ball or makes poor decisions when to run/pass

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
BLT booed off the field. 3 for his last 13 passes.

Such a weak throw on the interception ---which looks like it was the head shot for the game. You'd think that a veteran QB would know that a short hook pattern to the outside is a timing play.

First time all season that the EE defense comes with the house and it goes for a 65 yard touchdown the other way.

It usually does.

If they won't bring in Ford then I would give Prukop a shot. I've watched him play and he can throw the ball.
True, I do remember seeing him make a throw back in 2016.

No...wait a minute. Upon further reflection, it was a pitchout. But it was solid and showcased his superior arm.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
There is nothing wrong with a running QB if he can throw the ball. Don't really hear many people complaining about the guys in the NFL that can do both.

Opens up so many different options for your offense if you have a QB that can run the ball

The problem is when you have a rushing QB that can't throw the ball or makes poor decisions when to run/pass
What you haven’t been able to get away with for decades in the CFL are immobile quarterbacks. We’ve had a love for those types here for a while.

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan
A mobile quarterback is only an issue if after years in the league and on a good team with great receivers they can read a defense and then opt to run continually

But even Doug flutie made it by his mobility especially his first year or two in the league.

Let a qb use their extra talent to adujust to the game or make up for the poor defense

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Rumour has it that the Elks have been deducted 6 points in the standings for using a drone to scout the Tabbies practice last week. A team spokesmen commented that without that shrewd move, that the team wouldn’t have been able to hold the Cats to a respectable 44 points. The leagues standings will be updated to reflect this change once the stats software upgrade is complete, hopefully in time for the 2027 season.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Rumour has it that the Elks have been deducted 6 points in the standings for using a drone to scout the Tabbies practice last week. A team spokesmen commented that without that shrewd move, that the team wouldn’t have been able to hold the Cats to a respectable 44 points. The leagues standings will be updated to reflect this change once the stats software upgrade is complete, hopefully in time for the 2027 season.
If we don’t get six points does that punishment carry over to next year?

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Maybe the potential buyer is taking the time to vet the CFL.

Seriously.

The Elks have sunk to the point where they're actively sabotaging the league. Fans of all stripes are pissed that Ford isn't on a football field, not just the last few hundred Edmonton fans still trying to give a damn. If this isn't the "darkest before dawn" moment, I will seriously wonder if the CFL survives this debacle.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Wth is the hold up with the ownership announcement??

The NHL can vet in two weeks with Utah but the CFL needs two months?

Maybe Iam impatient but it still reeks of CFL incompetence.
The NHL isn't the best example to use. Gary gives out keys to franchises to anybody with a chequing account. You would think he would have learned his lesson after the first half dozen times or so. I'm guessing our delay in the new owner signing off is in disagreement with the BOD as to the size of the statues, monuments and banners they want of themselves displayed thruout the stadium, recognizing their incredible contribution to the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad