Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
He needs to be a 45-50pt powerforward to be worth that contract, and while he certainly has the ability to be that player you really have to question how many out of the 7 years he can do that even if things go 100% right.

My bet is 3 years, 4 if we are lucky.

Contract is going to be another Alzner.

Can’t say I really know the player but I have to agree with you. I can’t see him being able to keep the same productivity all 7 years.

I think he’s going to age like Wayne Simmonds has. Hopefully Anderson can be has productive and impactful as Simmonds was in his prime

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
2019-20 was a write-off for him, two injuries in the span of two full months of season play. 2nd injury came on Dec 17th, the one that pushed him to surgery eventually.

How much does he cost Bergevin if 2019-20 is a lucky contract year instead and he puts in 20 & 25? With no major injury outlook?

A lot.

Bergevin just bought a salvage title muscle car. Given the doc's opinion he thinks it's ready for the strip when the season starts. Gary Roberts seems to think so too.

That's a whole bunch of months off for a guy recovering from a tear + surgery where the vast majority of athletes regain full form.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Anderson was someone they wanted. They made sure to get him and then ensured they locked him up.

Right.

However the price paid to acquire him was heavy, and the contract extended to him was even heavier.

Cudos for acquiring a player you are targeting, but when you are overpaying at every turn with total disregard for what might happen 4-5 years from now because you might not be here - isn’t that just negligent? That’s how I would label it.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Anderson also got injure first game into the season last year and played hurt before getting hurt again

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Was Anderson even hurt at the start of the season last year? I know he suffered his shoulder injury against Ottawa on Dec 14... but he started the season with the Blue Jackets. He scored 1 goal and 1 assist (in the same game) in the first 18 games of the season last year.

The only other time he missed was after the first couple games, it looks like he missed about 10 days.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Right.

However the price paid to acquire him was heavy, and the contract extended to him was even heavier.

Cudos for acquiring a player you are targeting, but when you are overpaying at every turn with total disregard for what might happen 4-5 years from now because you might not be here - isn’t that just negligent? That’s how I would label it.
The price was fine. I doubt Domi had a huge amount of value. A 3rd is fine.

It's the contract. It's only the contract.

Anderson should be getting like 3.5M max. The guy is coming off a 1.85M contract. He's coming off a season where he posted 4 points in 26 games. He's coming off a season where he suffered a long-term injury.

Give him 4 million for 1 season and let him bet on himself.

I'd be much happier resigning him in January for 7 years @ 6.5 million with no question marks than out of the gate @ 5.5 million with so many question marks.

Reactions: Chez Jesperi

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I would have done the one year deal. There is a much bigger chance of this deal going wrong, than a new deal going wrong after Anderson proves he is a big congributor.

But then again I would not have done the trade in the first place.

The underlying premise behind the trade was that Domi was unhappy and did not have a confirmed C spot in Julien's lineup anymore. To a degree Bergevin had to make a trade to balance the roster, even if you yourself don't believe KK & Suzuki can be top 6 centres down the road. It's cliche as all hell but when did Domi remove the Habs from his social media again? It was coming.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
If Anderson puts up 30 goals 30 assists then it’s a great signing. If he starts to “Drouin” then eh

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Since the other thread was closed, has anybody discussed what this means for Gallagher? It surely means that his next deal is minimum 6M right?

Gallagher was easily worth more than $6M before the Anderson contract. Depends on his attitude, if he wants to maximize his gains or if he likes it here. Ideal contract for him would be 3 years MAX, I'd give him more money to keep the term low but he has all the leverage in the world to ask 5-6-7 years around $7-8M

I’m sure Jarmo is crying of laughter. He found the perfect sucker who gave him exactly what he wanted (a 2C) while watching his ex-player fleece the Habs on his own.

Does anybody know the reason the Jackets were so desperate to move Anderson? Sounds to me like they prefer having Atkinson, Bjorkstrand over Anderson and that he was not worth the money he was asking...

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The price was fine. I doubt Domi had a huge amount of value. A 3rd is fine.

It's the contract. It's only the contract.

I’ll have to agree to disagree here. While I don’t believe Domi was at peak value, I think swapping them 1-for-1 would’ve been more than sufficient.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Was Anderson even hurt at the start of the season last year? I know he suffered his shoulder injury against Ottawa on Dec 14... but he started the season with the Blue Jackets. He scored 1 goal and 1 assist (in the same game) in the first 18 games of the season last year.

The only other time he missed was after the first couple games, it looks like he missed about 10 days.
He hurt himself the playoffs prior vs the Bruins...then re-aggravated it 1st game of the season, tried to rehab and play through it before being shut down for surgery.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Gallagher was easily worth more than $6M before the Anderson contract. Depends on his attitude, if he wants to maximize his gains or if he likes it here. Ideal contract for him would be 3 years MAX, I'd give him more money to keep the term low but he has all the leverage in the world to ask 5-6-7 years around $7-8M

Does anybody know the reason the Jackets were so desperate to move Anderson? Sounds to me like they prefer having Atkinson, Bjorkstrand over Anderson and that he was not worth the money he was asking...
I think Gallagher is definitely in the 6M realm based on his play but if we sign him for 7 years, I pity our next GM by the time these two hit midway through their deal...

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
They almost for sure knew Anderson was demanding a bat-shit crazy extension and didn’t want to potentially risk losing him for peanuts in FA.

Reactions: abo9

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I would’ve rather seen the Habs trade Domi for a late first than this.
I mean I don’t mind going for Anderson, but not at the expense of Domi. I would have done Domi + 2nd for Anderson + 1st. But knowing what we later signed Anderson for... yeesh! I think I would have signed him for 1 year.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
The kid has fire. Listen to Torts at 3:09.... and that's what Bergevin moved all in on. Today is pre-flop, we're getting the flop this season. Will be waiting until 2025 for the river.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I mean I don’t mind going for Anderson, but not at the expense of Domi. I would have done Domi + 2nd for Anderson + 1st. But knowing what we later signed Anderson for... yeesh! I think I would have signed him for 1 year.

The dollar value would’ve been fine for a 1-2 year deal. 7 years to such an unproven commodity is just insane.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He got hurt in the first game of the season. He played the first two games and then was out for two weeks. He came back before he was 100% healed, so he ended up getting hurt again. So he basically played hurt the entire 26 games.

Reactions: 417 and Milhouse40

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Presumably Bergevin knew this going into the trade since most of the time teams are allowed to talk to the player about the contract to get an idea of what to expect. And if that was the case it should have given Bergevin leverage in the trade. Which makes our overpayment even more bizzarre.

I don't mind the 7 years that much, it's not what I would've wanted but I'm fine with it. However we should be able to leverage that 7 year term to get a lower caphit and we didn't. If you look at the breakdown of the contract it's 4m per year in the first two years. Which tells me that Molson has again put money ahead of building a winning team. We should have front loaded the deal as much as allowable under the CBA in order to get a lower cap hit and to make the contract better if we need to buyout the deal at some point.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Presumably Bergevin knew this going into the trade since most of the time teams are allowed to talk to the player about the contract to get an idea of what to expect. And if that was the case it should have given Bergevin leverage in the trade. Which makes our overpayment even more bizzarre.

I don't mind the 7 years that much, it's not what I would've wanted but I'm fine with it. However we should be able to leverage that 7 year term to get a lower caphit and we didn't. If you look at the breakdown of the contract it's 4m per year in the first two years. Which tells me that Molson has again put money ahead of building a winning team. We should have front loaded the deal as much as allowable under the CBA in order to get a lower cap hit and to make the contract better if we need to buyout the deal at some point.

MB's history shows that he only uses leverage for ego & emotional reasons, never tactically...

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
I’ll have to agree to disagree here. While I don’t believe Domi was at peak value, I think swapping them 1-for-1 would’ve been more than sufficient.
But as it has been reported over the past few days, because of the number of teams trying to acquire him, the additional 3rd was needed to close the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad