Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In my head I called: ''Manson and Gudbranson'' and now I can`t stop thinking about it.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Comtois is playing where he needs to. Absloutely zero reason to call him up in the closing weeks of this dumpster fire season when he is playing great hockey in the AHL and will be a big factor for the Gulls playoff push.

He'll be in the NHL next season anyway.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Comtois is playing where he needs to. Absloutely zero reason to call him up in the closing weeks of this dumpster fire season when he is playing great hockey in the AHL and will be a big factor for the Gulls playoff push.

He'll be in the NHL next season anyway.

Yeah that’s what I figured. Doesn’t make sense to bring him up now.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Apparently Bob Murray held a little Hot Stove talk with fans today at Great Park. This guy on Twitter had some of his quotes:

Other quotes of note:
“Out of all the young guys, I think Troy Terry has the best leadership ability.”
“I had a discussion with Zegras’ agent and he wants to go pro, we just have to figure out what’s best for his development.”
GMBM WANTS ELITE 1C BACK WHEN HE HITS FREE AGENCY (obviously not a direct quote, but this was one of the tweets)
“Arbitration is stupid.”
“Nick Ritchie needed a change of scenery, I hope he figures it out in Boston.”
“We’ll be looking for shooters in the draft, some of our guys just can’t shoot one timers, boggles my mind.”

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Couldn’t agree more with the one timer quote. I know everybody thinks a PP QB will solve all our issues with the man advantage but I actually think having forwards who can one time pucks would do a lot more for us. Fowler and Lindholm certainly aren’t Erik Karlsson with the man advantage but the bigger weakness is up front.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
“We’ll be looking for shooters in the draft, some of our guys just can’t shoot one timers, boggles my mind.”

He might want to spend a little time watching some Gulls games. They have 2-3 players that can shoot one timers. He also had Sprong but I think he might not be very well liked in the locker room ( numerous media sources have stated this)

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Couldn’t agree more with the one timer quote. I know everybody thinks a PP QB will solve all our issues with the man advantage but I actually think having forwards who can one time pucks would do a lot more for us. Fowler and Lindholm certainly aren’t Erik Karlsson with the man advantage but the bigger weakness is up front.
Do you find Lindholms talent level to be first line or not?

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Talk about some blunt quotes. Pretty revealing.

If you wanted transparency, seems like you got it.

But I’ve been to a couple of these before and seen Bob make proclamations like this without follow through. So I’m wait and see as to whether he follows through or not

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I really like that Murray admits publicly that the retooling should have started a season earlier. That basically says that he acknowledges where we're at, that it hasn't come as a surprise, and that the office is still more or less in control of how things are going despite the hole we're stuck in being slightly bigger than maybe could have been.

Instills some confidence, honestly. Remains to be seen how it's executed, obviously, but that comment alone makes me trust Bob a bit more all over again.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Boston U loses, Zegras could be a pro very soon.

They have a quarter finals playoff game next week so he's not done just yet.

Bob's comments about Zegras wanting to turn pro and Bob wondering what the best course of his development would be has me hopeful that BM is going to give him another year in college. He needs to bulk up and get faster, we should be patient with him. Been a long time since we have had a talent like him in the system.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
They will end up doing whatever zegras wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad