Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I hope there is
But history suggest our plan will be determined by which style of hockey wins the cup this year!:laugh:

Nope. We got too much invested in the youth and lots of unknown about our top leadership core. Right now, it's about a 200 ft game and improving skills. That's where we are now. We were playoff contenders for six consecutive years because we have a lot of talent at the NHL level. Last year, out team tuned out RC. This year, our top leadership core just isn't doing enough. We added some talent at the TDL and we look faster now. Terry got new direction. Comtois is slowly adjusting to the AHL. Zegras could be a one-and-done.

I dunno what history you got, but under Bruce we were the same, but progressively got further into the playoffs. We switched to RC and finally won a series in the playoffs when we were up 3-2 with home ice. The last two years have been bad in two different ways, except the fourth line. I liked the fourth line for both years.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Teaford is a prick. I emailed him last year about some misinformation he published regarding Kesler and buyouts. He got all huffy and pissy and still left his misinformation up. It wasn't like I exposed his stupidity to the world. Then he tried to tell us all that he knew Eakins was getting the job months before anybody else, but only told us after Eakins was hired. Yeah, sure. The guy is an absolute clown.
He seems to actively dislike covering the team the way Stephens did. Maybe it's the register that's the problem.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Crazy to remember we gave Clayton Stoner a 4 year contract in 2014. Can’t imagine BM giving any UFA that kind of term

When we already had Allen who was almost the exact same player Stoner was. Stoner was decent as a number 6 but his deal absolutely sucked.

Oct 18, 2011
Crazy to remember we gave Clayton Stoner a 4 year contract in 2014. Can’t imagine BM giving any UFA that kind of term
the problem is Bob picks the *worst* types of dmen to give long term deals to, Allen, Souray, Stoner....in free agency you either gotta bargain shop or pay for the top players, these middle deals for highly flawed players are the proverbial bridge to nowhere

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Honestly signings like Stoner are what make the Ritchie trade so maddening to me.

Bob has that stupid Carlyle trait where he thinks enforcers or physical #6 defenseman make a team tough or physical. They don’t. It’s the overall makeup of the team that makes a team physical. The cup team had May and Parros, but what made that team physical was the 3rd line and our defense. Obviously the 4th line was physical but a line that plays less than 7 minutes a game isn’t what makes your team tough. It’s having physical players throughout the lineup. Give me players like Ritchie over guys like Deslauriers any day. Murray has never seen the value in physical 3rd liners who can play up and down the lineup. It’s almost like he has a check sheet where he already checked off having a physical forward so he doesn’t think the others are necessary. He just gets tunnel vision and says to himself “I need to add more toughness”. Yeah, you f***tard, that doesn’t mean you sign scrubs like Boll and Stoner. Toughness is a team thing, not a single player.

Edit: Just so I'm clear; I like Deslauriers, and liked the extension he received. My point is I don't like pointing to a 4th liner to illustrate "toughness". It's about how your lineup is constructed.

Last edited:

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I didn't actually mind Stoner, I thought he played well when paired with Vatanen. It just feels like Murray would never give a UFA any kind of term now so to think he once gave a guy like Stoner 4 years is hard to believe.

Woooosshh
Sorry, i forget not everyone was here for the immaculate brilliance of TheJoeMan and his insightful breakdown of the Stoner signing. obscure reference is obscure.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Great write up on Rakell..

I like Rakell, it’s been a down season but want to give him to at least the 1st half of next season to turn it around especially since Bob’s trade returns have been meh.

Also, to add he was skating with Silf and Henrique at practice according to Eric.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Woooosshh
Sorry, i forget not everyone was here for the immaculate brilliance of TheJoeMan and his insightful breakdown of the Stoner signing. obscure reference is obscure.

That's a name that I haven't heard in quite awhile. Ah, the memories of the debate raging around here about Marcus Pettersson's ability to gain weight lol.

Reactions: JabbaJabba
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Honestly signings like Stoner are what make the Ritchie trade so maddening to me.

Bob has that stupid Carlyle trait where he thinks enforcers or physical #6 defenseman make a team tough or physical. They don’t. It’s the overall makeup of the team that makes a team physical. The cup team had May and Parros, but what made that team physical was the 3rd line and our defense. Obviously the 4th line was physical but a line that plays less than 7 minutes a game isn’t what makes your team tough. It’s having physical players throughout the lineup. Give me players like Ritchie over guys like Deslauriers any day. Murray has never seen the value in physical 3rd liners who can play up and down the lineup. It’s almost like he has a check sheet where he already checked off having a physical forward so he doesn’t think the others are necessary. He just gets tunnel vision and says to himself “I need to add more toughness”. Yeah, you f***tard, that doesn’t mean you sign scrubs like Boll and Stoner. Toughness is a team thing, not a single player.

Edit: Just so I'm clear; I like Deslauriers, and liked the extension he received. My point is I don't like pointing to a 4th liner to illustrate "toughness". It's about how your lineup is constructed.

The whole argument is pretty out there, but this especially stands out as absurd. The guy who would've given Matt Beleskey $4 million a year doesn't value physical middle six types?

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Great write up on Rakell..

I like Rakell, it’s been a down season but want to give him to at least the 1st half of next season to turn it around especially since Bob’s trade returns have been meh.

Also, to add he was skating with Silf and Henrique at practice according to Eric.

Is this is really the team for him? Have to wonder what the temperature is in the locker room. Just seems like a team that is in chaos. The call ups from SD are confusing but I guess the GM and Coach are auditioning players for the future.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is this is really the team for him? Have to wonder what the temperature is in the locker room. Just seems like a team that is in chaos. The call ups from SD are confusing but I guess the GM and Coach are auditioning players for the future.

I honestly don't know but its not like Rakell is the only one struggling.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Why recall Terry now? People getting the flu?
Probably realizing we have 0 creativity and the fact sending him down was dumb since he was starting to understand pace of NHL. He was easily our best player his last 2 NHL games.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
In terms of Euro free agents, the one I want the most is Zub. RHD with a very well rounded game, would be a very nice add to our defense.

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Zub
Larsson/Djoos-Gudbranson

would be good for next season.

Also like Okulov but he’s only deciding between Montreal and Toronto

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
If we're making wishes, I'd like one Mikko Lehtonen, please and thank you. Not a free agent but I'm sure he would come over if he gets promised a fair chance at a big role. We're not a contender so we could afford to give him one.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Let's go!!!! Although Colorado sucks to have your first NHL game against haha

I can't imagine he's gonna draw in, probably gonna be around in the press box as depth. I hope he does though; disregarding the handedness aspect, Benoit>Hakanpaa at...pretty much all of the hockeying activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad