Confirmed with Link: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

Ronny Gilmore

Jan 16, 2024
he played 81 games in the 2021-22 season.
You're right; I stand corrected. I was forgetting about 21-22 (maybe because I was totally checked out that year and not going to any games). Yes, healthy season then, but only 18 games since. I still think Pat made the right move.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
You're right; I stand corrected. I was forgetting about 21-22 (maybe because I was totally checked out that year and not going to any games). Yes, healthy season then, but only 18 games since. I still think Pat made the right move.
Really unimpressive debut. Go back to the drawing board, work on the character, come back again in a couple months.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
He has shown he can play a full season? Certainly not in the NHL. He missed nearly the entire year last year and has missed most of this season so far. He seems like a great kid with fabulous skill and smarts, but - from my very humble opinion - he's too small and too fragile for an NHL d-man.
Yikes

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Top pairing with Fowler doesn't exactly jump out as any sort of an accomplishment these days.

Not having played top pairing with Fowler this year is basically beer league status.

John

It wasn't brought up as an argument in favor of his quality though. His endurance was called into question, but it was pointed out that he not only played 81 games that season - but also with fairly heavy minutes alongside Lindholm or Fowler.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
LOL - thanks :) I still think it was the right move by Pat. Time will tell. He's on a much better team now (at this snap-shot in time); let's see how he does.

You're getting beat up pretty bad for some reason but I don't think you're far off with the idea that Dry might not be a long-term NHL'er due to his size and past injury issues. I love Dry, super skilled. But as you say: time will tell.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
LOL - thanks :) I still think it was the right move by Pat. Time will tell. He's on a much better team now (at this snap-shot in time); let's see how he does.

It was a reactionary move by Pat. Could have prioritized drafting a potential top-6 scorer at 22nd overall in the 2022 draft in either RW Snuggerud or C/LW Kulich instead of a shutdown 3C in Gaucher. If Snuggerud was drafted, then we wouldn't have had to trade Drysdale nor the 2025 second round pick.

Pat's fortunate enough to have talents and picks to use for trading to make up for his past mistakes.

Reactions: Boo Boo

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
It was a reactionary move by Pat. Could have prioritized drafting a potential top-6 scorer at 22nd overall in the 2022 draft in either RW Snuggerud or C/LW Kulich instead of a shutdown 3C in Gaucher. If Snuggerud was drafted, then we wouldn't have had to trade Drysdale nor the 2025 second round pick.

Pat's fortunate enough to have talents and picks to use for trading to make up for his past mistakes.
This move will be loved by all our fans in short time.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Everybody take a shot!

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Drysdale and Zellweger were never going to work on the same D corps. Both undersized, offensive D that can skate and run a PP. A choice had to be made, and was. LaCombe, Luneau, and Mintyukov will also provide offense from the blue line. I'd listen to the argument that Zellweger should have been the one to go, but pretty sure he wouldn't have fetched Gauthier.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Drysdale and Zellweger were never going to work on the same D corps. Both undersized, offensive D that can skate and run a PP. A choice had to be made, and was. LaCombe, Luneau, and Mintyukov will also provide offense from the blue line. I'd listen to the argument that Zellweger should have been the one to go, but pretty sure he wouldn't have fetched Gauthier.

I would’ve preferred to trade Zellweger, but only because he’s left handed and I don’t think will ever sniff Drysdale’s defensive abilities.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Much like trades or FA signings, I think it's ok to criticize a high pick that has only depreciated since the day it was made...unless we are expected to wear rose colored glasses all the time. Exceptions granted for those who are big fans of players in the mold of Derek Grant or BO Groulx.

FlyingV09

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Pretty awful take. He’s had a couple injuries lately, but he’s shown he can play a full season.
I wouldn't say it was an awful take. He missed most of last season and played 2 games before getting injured this season. His durability is rightfully questioned and has been so on this board multiple times before.

Friedman even mentioned his health struggles being the primary reason the Flyers asked for a 2nd round pick on top of Drysdale. A little insurance.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

I repeat myself. I totally believe Gaucher is and was Madden's choice. I have no clue why you see this as a huge mistake of PV. Either Madden runs the draft or he does not. And when you hear the interviews about Gaucher, there is just so much praise in MM judgement together with the information, that he saw him so often because he played his local team in the Q.

But regarding Cutter, Snuggerud and Kulich. What exactly was the reason in your mind that one went 5th overall and the other two 23rd and 28th?

We will be able to judge this in a few years, when we see how this all turns out.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I can’t wait until the day I never have to read “Snuggerud” on this board again
Everytime I see his name It makes me think of the blanket product known as Snuggies
s-l1200.webp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad