Proposal: ANA / MTL at the draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Hummmm.

Well, the guy has a bad reputation and just coming from a bad year

And Verbeek demand for him are a top 4 RHD or/plus a top 6 RH forward?

Sorry, but it's delusional. At that price nobody will pull the trigger.

Want it or not, his bad reputation and a down year is affecting his trade value.

Habs won't give their best defense prospects for him, not a chance.

So let's agree to disagree, keep your shit we'll keep our.
Making shit up is a nono. Every coach and player and GM he has had says nothing but good things about him.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Question for Ducks fans....Why is Trevor Zegras on the trade market?

From the habs pov on this current trade offer, I would say no......I do however think there is a framework there, just because he is available and the habs need to score more goals.....
He isn't.

Verbeek not immediately hanging up the phone when he gets trade offers is not the same thing as Zegras being actively shopped out on the market. There's maybe like 4 or 5 players in the NHL that GMs wouldn't at least hear trade offers on. That's the only thing that's been confirmed, that Verbeek listens when offers come in. And he hasn't been traded to date, so any offers clearly haven't been good enough. The rest is speculative fluff meant to drive clicks that fans here try to use to suggest trades where their team gets Zegras for pebbles on the dollar.

Anyway, as to the rest of the thread I feel like there's a lot of overrating of Levshunov but that's just my own non-professional opinion.

Last edited:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It was reported they didn’t want to pay guhle/Reinbacher +, based on something Montreal fans posted earlier

My recollection was that Montreal's beat writer from the Athletic said it would cost Guhle/Reinbacher + and that both he and LeBrun have said Montreal isn't interested in moving guys like Guhle/Reinbacher and that their interest in Zegras (and Necas) is limited.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Considering Chicago draft Demidov at number 2:

Anaheim trade Zegras to Montreal for Reinbacher and a 2nd 2025.
Anaheim then draft Lindstrom
Montreal draft Levshunov, Dickinson or Buium at 5.

Anaheim gets a big forward that fits their identity and a solid RD prospect.
They go from Zegras, Levshunov to Reinbacher, Lindstrom

Montreal gets the help they need in front and still have a solid D prospect.
They go from Reinbacher, Lindstrom (or a forward other than Demidov) to Zegras, antoher top D prospect.

Of course that implied that MTL want Zegras

What do you think?
None of this will happen

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
My recollection was that Montreal's beat writer from the Athletic said it would cost Guhle/Reinbacher + and that both he and LeBrun have said Montreal isn't interested in moving guys like Guhle/Reinbacher and that their interest in Zegras (and Necas) is limited.
I assume they have interest they just don’t want to pay the cost.

Which is fine, teams arnt here to give their players to Montreal for nothing, they want a bargain bin price…. So i guess in that sense it’s limited…. They want Anaheim to come down on their ask but why would Anaheim

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I assume they have interest they just don’t want to pay the cost.

Which is fine, teams arnt here to give their players to Montreal for nothing, they want a bargain bin price…. So i guess in that sense it’s limited…. They want Anaheim to come down on their ask but why would Anaheim

Hence why the more serious (or "heavy") rumours/conversations are a Newhook-like trade, going after a UFA with a high AAV and short term or making a more hockey trade (young D(s) for a young F(s)).

Like, its pretty clear the interest in Zegras is because of rumours of friction behind the scenes and a challenging season, in which case teams would be looking for good value. It doesn't mean the Ducks need to trade him.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Hence why the more serious (or "heavy") rumours/conversations are a Newhook-like trade, going after a UFA with a high AAV and short term or making a more hockey trade (young D(s) for a young F(s)).
Wait, if you're suggest a Newhook like trade for someone other than Zegras that makes much more sense. I for one thought you meant paying g a newhook like price for Z.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Wait, if you're suggest a Newhook like trade for someone other than Zegras that makes much more sense. I for one thought you meant paying g a newhook like price for Z.

If Montreal could get Zegras for a Newhook-like price, they'd do it. I don't think anyone seriously thinks the Ducks would trade him for that right now or unless he has another season or two like this one and/or there are real pressure points. But for Montreal the price is probably more important for the player, they're not in a position where they need to pay for a young player with big numbers already. They've looked for pedigree, potential and team control that considers what they have and only subtracts from areas of strength - something that the Ducks have done as well.

Zegras is just a popular story in Montreal and elsewhere because he's a flashy player, he's good friends with Caufield and knows MSL from Mid Fairfield Jr.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Well, the rumors surrounding Zegras aren't coming from MTL, but from Anaheim.

Anaheim doesn't even have a dedicated beat writer, so not likely. Fans can't even get an heads up for a player being injured, but they're supposedly going to leak all this locker room stuff? Would it be the same rumors that had Gibson saying he'd never playing a game for the Ducks again?

I know that most Ducks fans take the "bad reputation" of Zegras lightly, but in the NHL reality, bad reputation means more often than not a selfish attitude.

Proof? One time he got benched, and afterwards was seen cheering on his teammates, and got praised by his coach for how he got the message and worked harder defensively. While playing with an injury, btw.

And in a tough and physical team sport like hockey, selfishness is about the worst flaw you can have.

Chemistry and team bounding is very important and all it takes is one rotten apple to disturb the whole team mental makeup.

Funny then that they win more games when he's in the lineup than when he isn't. In fact, if he'd not played at all, their pace would have gotten them the best odds in the draft again this year. Isn't that the opposite of what you'd see with a "rotten apple?"

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anaheim doesn't even have a dedicated beat writer, so not likely. Fans can't even get an heads up for a player being injured, but they're supposedly going to leak all this locker room stuff? Would it be the same rumors that had Gibson saying he'd never playing a game for the Ducks again?

Proof? One time he got benched, and afterwards was seen cheering on his teammates, and got praised by his coach for how he got the message and worked harder defensively. While playing with an injury, btw.

Funny then that they win more games when he's in the lineup than when he isn't. In fact, if he'd not played at all, their pace would have gotten them the best odds in the draft again this year. Isn't that the opposite of what you'd see with a "rotten apple?"

Ya I’ve never understood the friction/bad reputation thing…. He got sat that game for making some bad plays on a power play…. But when ducks won in overtime he was the happiest player on the bench and first one off the bench to celebrate , he was last guy to leave ice after congratulating every 1 of his teammates… and then came out and gave a very good post game interview after

Like, its pretty clear the interest in Zegras is because of rumours of friction behind the scenes and a challenging season, in which case teams would be looking for good value. It doesn't mean the Ducks need to trade him.
But they are just rumors based on very little…. If anything pv and Cronin have spoken very highly of zegras….. they just have high expectations on the player he can become

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
The uneducated takes on Zegras from people who don't watch the Ducks or even interviews with players and staff around the organization is unreal.

So I'll say it one more time even though nobody seems to listen:

1. There is ZERO indication that Zegras is being shopped by Verbeek, and even the rumors about Verbeek listening to offers admit this.

2. Zegras is still highly valued by the organization. Verbeek literally called Zegras a "cornerstone of the franchise" in an interview last season.

3. By all accounts, Zegras is well-liked by his team and coaches. He has received praise numerous times in interviews from those around him. Players and coaches have both spoken out publicly to say that he's misunderstood by people outside the org.

4. 99% of Ducks fans love Z and do not want him to get traded even after a down season filled with injuries. There are maybe 1-2 people on HF who participate in these threads who are Ducks fans that have openly said they're open for a trade. The majority of us want to keep him for at least another season and see how he does.

So those are the facts. Ignore them if you want, but that doesn't change them.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Ya I’ve never understood the friction/bad reputation thing…. He got sat that game for making some bad plays on a power play…. But when ducks won in overtime he was the happiest player on the bench and first one off the bench to celebrate , he was last guy to leave ice after congratulating every 1 of his teammates… and then came out and gave a very good post game interview after

But they are just rumors based on very little…. If anything pv and Cronin have spoken very highly of zegras….. they just have high expectations on the player he can become

The rumours of Montreal's interest are based on even less, but if there weren't rumours people wouldn't have anything to talk about.

If a front office hears a player may be available that they believe could fit their team-building goals, they wouldn't be doing their job without inquiring. Doesn't mean a trade is likely.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The rumours of Montreal's interest are based on even less, but if there weren't rumours people wouldn't have anything to talk about.

If a front office hears a player may be available that they believe could fit their team-building goals, they wouldn't be doing their job without inquiring. Doesn't mean a trade is likely.
I mean were not in disagreement here, but that goes both ways... anaheim isnt going to trade zegras to make the team worse.... but i think PV will listen on trades involving just about anyone on the roster, if in the end it makes the team better.

Pv listening to montreal offers for zegras could mean very little, but some posters here think it means there is friction of zegras isnt a pv player... which is based on nothing other than him listening to offers on him.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I mean were not in disagreement here, but that goes both ways... anaheim isnt going to trade zegras to make the team worse.... but i think PV will listen on trades involving just about anyone on the roster, if in the end it makes the team better.

Pv listening to montreal offers for zegras could mean very little, but some posters here think it means there is friction of zegras isnt a pv player... which is based on nothing other than him listening to offers on him.

I mean, its not just based on him listening to offers on him, its based on rumours and speculation from NHL insiders and the hardball contract negotiations.

Doesn't really mean anything, rumours and fan opinions don't have any affect on reality, we're all just talking hockey.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Reinbacher is not going anywhere and worth more then Zegras alone

Guhle is worth more but Reinbacher needs to play NHL games to have more value. We like to think Reinbacher will be worth more but nobody knows the answer to this.

Regardless, I doubt any of Guhle, 5th OA, or Reinbacher are on the trade table. We are interested in Zegras but not desperate. If the Ducks set his value that high, we pass.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Guhle is worth more but Reinbacher needs to play NHL games to have more value. We like to think Reinbacher will be worth more but nobody knows the answer to this.

Regardless, I doubt any of Guhle, 5th OA, or Reinbacher are on the trade table. We are interested in Zegras but not desperate. If the Ducks set his value that high, we pass.
Now if you can only get your GM to stop calling Verbeek and asking about him!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I mean, its not just based on him listening to offers on him, its based on rumours and speculation from NHL insiders and the hardball contract negotiations.

Doesn't really mean anything, rumours and fan opinions don't have any affect on reality, we're all just talking hockey.
I think the contract negotiation thing got blown way out or proportion....

Drysdale and Zegras were PVs first RFA negotiations, ahead of a lot of guys that will be RFA in the next 3 years.... i think PV wanted to set the tone and not end up in a situation like Toronto where RFAS walked all over dubas.

Hell if Caufield sticks around his play this season.... that contract isnt great at all. I think PV just wanted to make it known his RFAs are going to need to earn their pay days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad