Post-Game Talk: An unenthusiastic PGT - Predators 6, Jets 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Exciting game, man can these teams wheel. Get our regular 6 D out there and add Lowry and we can handle these guys.

Helle was awful, but he's bounced back all year when he's laid an egg, although this was a big egg.

Call out Chiarot and a brand new Morrow all you like, yes they were pretty terrible but you can only expect so much from your 7-8 guys against a top team like Nashville. The far bigger issue was Tyler Myers being an absolute tire fire, he was simply brutal.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
This was also a bit of a soul crunching play. Buff elects to pass back to Wheeler on the half-board, who is surrounded by 3 Preds. No Buff, bomb clapping is what we would have needed! 100% the wrong play.(He was good though in this game)

Buffnonpass.png

Last edited:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Paul Stastny? More Paul AdvancedStats-ny.

I really hope Enstrom is ready for next game or we are stuck with Morrow, Jets won't recall Poolman due to this only 4 non-emergency recalls nonsense. The following d-men were available for free or for super cheap.

I agree with needing Enstrom for next game -- but we all have to realize how fragile this guy is. He can't really take any physical abuse really, and a hard body check will knock him out usually. If he got hit with a snowball, he'd likely be out as well. I'll admit, when he's in there, he certainly plays very well--just "durability" ??

This time he's out from only "blocking a shot"- Yikes, we better be worried when we play long grueling playoff games against big tough teams. I'm OK with Chiarot on the left wing D, and Kulikov, and Morrissey, in the likely event Toby get's hurt again. We're going to have to learn to win without Toby, as he may not be around next year.I can well see the poster's do not like Morrow's game.

Also - let's call it for what it is--the game was lost by "bad goaltending"- Helle let in 2 soft goals, and especially the one right thru the pads was embarrassing. Helle has to stay focused and sharp if we're going to beat teams like this-as he has in the past.

I sure wouldn't mind seeing Hutch start the next game against Detroit !!!

AtlantaPeg

Oct 14, 2016
Btw I think the Stastny line was our first line.
Not by TOI...It is very worrisome that Pomo continues to over play the top line...they were not good last night. If this is done in a playoff series we are done. Stastny's line only line with a positive +/- in the top 3...

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
We had 2 D who played very well.
2 who were very meh.
2 who were brutal.
Helle had a rare bad outing.
Pretty emotional game with some bad lapses.
I think that this is now behind us and we settle in.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
That one didn't go in our favor but it just as easily could have. We can list Helle, or Little or Myers or Chiarot/Morrow, a blown 3-1 and 5-3 lead, or Maurice's fumbled coach's challenge, etc. The list goes on. That wasn't our team last night, but we almost came out on top anyway. Nashville is a legitimate Stanley Cup contender, and to be honest I have zero doubts we can go toe-to-toe with them in a 7 game playoff series. Not a doubt in my mind.

The thought of this team with Trouba, Lowry, Enstrom back in the line-up is so damn exciting.

I said it last night in the Stastny thread but it's worth saying again; Chevy hit a home-run acquiring Stastny.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Missed the game looks like it was insane. Nashville always comes back in the 3rd. I would love to know how many comeback wins they have this year.

It was an insane game. It was ripe for the picking by the Jets. Preds are a team that need their collective neck stood on by the D. Both Goalies were not at the top of their game, shall I say?

Reactions: GNP

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
That one didn't go in our favor but it just as easily could have. We can list Helle, or Little or Myers or Chiarot/Morrow, a blown 3-1 and 5-3 lead, or Maurice's fumbled coach's challenge, etc. The list goes on. That wasn't our team last night, but we almost came out on top anyway. Nashville is a legitimate Stanley Cup contender, and to be honest I have zero doubts we can go toe-to-toe with them in a 7 game playoff series. Not a doubt in my mind.

The thought of this team with Trouba, Lowry, Enstrom back in the line-up is so damn exciting.

I said it last night in the Stastny thread but it's worth saying again; Chevy hit a home-run acquiring Stastny.

Dang, this is beautifully stated. :thumbu:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

Yeah, I came away from that game thinking we can handle Nashville. Not easy, but we can handle them. On another night, that's a 6-2 pasting for the good guys.

Reactions: Eyeseeing and GNP

Handela

Feb 21, 2017
Silkeborg
You could be right with this really. But is this a realistic trade, or how much would the Jets need to still give to make this possible? I know that at least if I was Detroit’s GM, it would be pretty darn difficult to make me accept a trade where I get Little and would lose at the same time Nielsen I would at least need some serious compensation to want to do that kind of a trade. Little is seriously that meh and overvalued here.

Even if PLE looked pretty ok to the eye of many fans, I have to say that I didn’t like even that line too much. They looked quite ok, but they were not really that efficient or producing too well with their chances. And for sure Little has not helped much of any of his linemates to become more productive. Well, at least Perreault was producing quite well even with Little, but we anyway know that Perreault produces well with any players, so I doubt it had to do that much with him playing especially with Little.

Anyway, I seriously see Little as a an offensive black hole, as long as he is getting the minutes that he gets at the moment. If he would play only 10-13 minutes a game as a clear 3rd line center, I could see him still as maybe a useful player for the Jets in the future. But as he is right now used and how he is as a player, and also the salary that he gets, he should simply be traded or even bought out, if trade can’t happen for some reason. He is simply an offensive black hole who makes his linemates suffer in general offensively.
i think its realistick with little and a 3 or 4 round draft, because nielsen is 3 years older and still have like 4 years left on his contract, så he will be like 37 in the end of his 5-6 million contract... iif i where a GM, i would prefer nielsen over little anyday on any team.... nut still little is part of our team, så we can only say
GO JETS GO

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
Horrible defense/goaltending by the Jets last night. You can't win the cup with that kind of play.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Our number one goalie had a bit of an off game.

Our 7/9 D pair had a tough one against one of the best teams in the league.

Little and MP had an uncharacteristically bad night as well.

The coaching staff made a boo boo on a challenge that changed the outcome of the game.

And....... We hung 5 goals on the preds, played pretty even with them 5vs5 while missing Troubs/Enstrom/Lowry. I think we will be alright folks. I really do.

Most importantly Paul motherf***ing Stastny looked great in between Ehlers and Laine which should be the biggest takeaway from this whole night!!!!!!

Also, despite him not showing well on the PP in St. Louis he looked pretty good there too.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yesterday Scheif and Wheels were not the 2 best forwards, thus it never reduces their TOI. Little and Wheels were the worst forwards and were rewarded 19:58 and 16:15 for their great performance.

That's not the way it works. The coach doesn't have some sort of TOI meter. At home though he does get last change after whistles and can matchup lines. Do people not get this concept? TOI sometimes depends on what the other coach does

On what planet was Wheeler the worst forward? Do people even watch the game? There is so much ridiculous sheet posted in this thread

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
all this game proved is that these are two great teams. and both are legitimate contenders. congrats jet fans, you've put together a fantastic team the right way.

Would be one hell of a playoff series. High entertainment, although I would expect a little better goaltending from both teams

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
laine is this teams best player. HE MUST have mcdavidsminits. he will surpass mcdavids by BIG margin in Points. he should be good already for 100 Points after say 49 games, but only coach holding him back. but instead coach play wheelesr crazily. result is 72 Points in 63 games. im not convinced

avgard hockeyprofessor

Reactions: hudster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad