Confirmed with Link: Brad Treliving officially announces Auston Matthews as the first ever US born captain of the Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
That is not a translation; it is an interpretation. It was already English. You are just saying what you think it means.
call it what you like but people are delusional if they think JT had any interest/desire or intension of voluntarily giving up the C

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
call it what you like but people are delusional if they think JT had any interest/desire or intension of voluntarily giving up the C
Not really. Besides, they would be more delusional if they just believe something you just made up.

• Haha
Reactions: al secord

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Tavares has always been about himself so why would anyone actually believe he'd all of a sudden approached the team with a only a year left about giving up the C to Mathews .
No one has made that claim.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Maybe the C weighed too heavily on Tavares.

he has been atrocious for last 2 playoff series

1G and 2 Assists in 12 games

David Kampf

1G and 2 Assists in 12 games

He can settle into being a 3C this year and hopefully be a good one with reduced usage, responsibilies, and an all time bad albatross contract about to expire off his shoulders

Reactions: supermann_98

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Why. He was a failure tbh
The entire team was a failure and that includes Matthews then. Just weird when he's been one of the better players on the team on and off the ice and in the community and they take the C away the last year of his contract. I get the move and expected Matthews to be captain eventually, I just assumed they'd wait until Tavares current deal was done.

Reactions: ToneDog

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I don't see it, unless it is at a big discount and I don't see that.

I just can't see why it makes any sense to sign Marner until after the playoffs, and only then if he earns it with a fantastic playoff that drives the team to at least the Conference Championship. That's it.

He's not taking a discount, so we either let him walk or sign him for a lot that he earns. Signing him for a lot that he hasn't earned just doesn't make sense.

Make him play for his next contract. It's that simple.
There is no circumstance under which they will "let him walk". If history is a guide, they will sign him well before the end of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad