GDT: All things training camp

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I would not say gus is better offensively

Kupari last season - 28 games, 1 assist
Gus last season - 39 games, 3 goals, 4 assists

Kupari may be judged to have more potential offense, but he is showing no signs of achieving anything.

So if Kupari puts up "Gus numbers" this year you'll change your mind about him?

:laugh: To some extent, yes.

Reactions: Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Kupari may be judged to have more potential offense, but he is showing no signs of achieving anything.

I really like Gus and what he brings

Kupari definitely has better tools. Let's see if he can find some sort of toolbox for them... I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that this will be his best year to date. Not that that says a whole lot lol

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I mean Kupari does have 13 and 15 point seasons in LA in a similar role as he will have here. He was bad last year no doubt but he's shown way more offensively then Gus.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I really like Gus and what he brings

Kupari definitely has better tools. Let's see if he can find some sort of toolbox for them... I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that this will be his best year to date. Not that that says a whole lot lol

His best year was 13 pts in 57 gms, or 15 in 66. I would be happy with those kind of numbers from him on the 4th line. About what I would also expect from Gus, give or take.

I was hoping he would show something in TC. Not holding my breath though. So far it has been pretty much like last season.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

career:
gus: 14 points in 114 games
kupari: 30 points in 158 games

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I mean Kupari does have 13 and 15 point seasons in LA in a similar role as he will have here. He was bad last year no doubt but he's shown way more offensively then Gus.

Not lately.

Gus showed some offense in his last couple of seasons with the Moose. I think he has more in him. Kupari should have more too but it sure doesn't look like it most of the time.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
career:
gus: 14 points in 114 games
kupari: 30 points in 158 games

Sure - but what have they done lately?

I know, I know, he is young and his less bad seasons were not that long ago. But Kupari was really bad last year and hasn't shown any better in the pre-season so far.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Who specifically is “garbage”?
Fehr
Randy Jones
Glass
Miettinen
Ponikarovsky
Jokinen
Halischuk
Setoguchi
Tangradi
Ellerby
Wright
Peluso - He was a good fighter, just not a good hockey player.
Stafford
Dano
Matthias
Brian Strait (everyone else listed played at least most of a season - he only played a few games, but WTF, pro scouting?)
Morrow
Hayes
Beaulieu
Sbisa
Bitetto
Gabe Bourque
Steve Mason
Dahlstrom
Letestu
Shore
Eakin
Shaw
Lewis
Thompson
Pionk
Schmidt
Svechnikov
Gagner
Rittich
Toffoli

Some of these guys were just bodies, but a lot of head-scratching misjudgments on what were supposed to be impact players (Jokinen, Setoguchi, Stafford, Mason, Hayes, Eakin, Pionk, Schmidt, Toffoli).

• Love
Reactions: SLAYER and surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad