Player Discussion: All things Emil Bemstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Fully expect Bemstrom to prove a lot of “haters” wrong in the near future.

Texier, also.

Who are these "haters" you are posting about. I have read but a few/if any...... posts that don't think these two players still have the skill and upside to be contributors on this team. There may be a couple of posters that have questioned these two players upside (fair) and that's approriate for what they've shown so far under their current development path. And maybe they will never develop into the players management were hoping they would become when they were drafted but we are talking about 2nd and 4th round draft picks and not top of the first round talent.

So I don't get why you're pointing towards this "haters" thing because that's some conspiracy thing you're making up in your head and it's not based on any kind of fact.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Who are these "haters" you are posting about. I have read but a few/if any...... posts that don't think these two players still have the skill and upside to be contributors on this team. There may be a couple of posters that have questioned these two players upside (fair) and that's approriate for what they've shown so far under their current development path. And maybe they will never develop into the players management were hoping they would become when they were drafted but we are talking about 2nd and 4th round draft picks and not top of the first round talent.

So I don't get why you're pointing towards this "haters" thing because that's some conspiracy thing you're making up in your head and it's not based on any kind of fact.

Jesus, you sound like my girlfriend after I’ve waited too long to do the dishes.

What’s the point of your response, really??

From my point of view, I seem to value both guys (current skill and their potential) as quite a bit higher than the VAST majority of people that post here.

Quite frankly, the description of, “2nd and 4th round picks”, in order to minimize how they should be looked at, judged or compared to, confirms that…

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Bemstrom > Sillinger
Do you mean current level, ceiling or both?

How many goals/points do you think he will score next year? Where do you think he'll fit in the line up, 5vs5, PP etc.?

I'd like to know if I'm a "hater".

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Do you mean current level, ceiling or both?

How many goals/points do you think he will score next year? Where do you think he'll fit in the line up, 5vs5, PP etc.?

I'd like to know if I'm a "hater".

Current, but, there’s also no reason not to think both. Skating and shooting is similar. Bemstrom seems to be much more agile. Obviously very early in both careers and I admittedly haven’t seen much at all of Sillinger.

I could see anywhere from 15-20 goals/30ish points (aka “superstar” Josh Anderson numbers) to something like 25-30 goals and 50 points, based upon a FULL season and how much opportunity/ice time he gets.

He should get regular time on an offensive minded 2nd/3rd line and see regular time on the 2nd PP and some time on the 1PP. I see him as our 3rd most “dangerous” forward after Laine/Bjorkstrand (4th best shooter after them/Werenski) and if Laine starts being an issue (for whatever reason) I’d throw Bemstrom in his spot(s) very quickly.

Bemstrom and Roslovic aren’t much different players, yet, they are seen as much different by many. Same goes for Domi/Roslovic. IMO

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Jesus, you sound like my girlfriend after I’ve waited too long to do the dishes.

From my point of view, I seem to value both guys (current skill and their potential) as quite a bit higher than the VAST majority of people that post here.

Quite frankly, the description of, “2nd and 4th round picks”, in order to minimize how they should be looked at, judged or compared to, confirms that…
Dude. Just do the damn dishes.

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
Bemstroms shot has been a huge letdown. Seems like almost all of his goals have been greasy ones

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

Actually I'm glad you're not my girlfriend because you don't take constructive critcism very well and you make drama every time I respond to one of your posts.

The point was and continues to be that there are no "haters" on the board for those two players as you were trying to portay. That hasn't changed even though you're trying to make something else out of it.

I actually think most people find these two as likeable players and hope they continue to improve.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Bemstroms shot has been a huge letdown. Seems like almost all of his goals have been greasy ones

Um,did you see the hat trick goals? Iirc they weren't greasy at all. Don't remember the others. Last year was not too good for him but he was on pace for 14-15 goals in his rookie year. Greasy or not that isn't bad. He has goal scoring ability imo.

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Um,did you see the hat trick goals? Iirc they weren't greasy at all. Don't remember the others. Last year was not too good for him but he was on pace for 14-15 goals in his rookie year. Greasy or not that isn't bad. He has goal scoring ability imo.

There weren't any. :laugh:

(I'm actually excited to see what Bemstrom can do this year.)

Reactions: CBJx614 and koteka

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
There weren't any. :laugh:

(I'm actually excited to see what Bemstrom can do this year.)

Talking about the 10 from the previous year. But those three were great although they might have cost us a draft spot.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
But those three were great although they might have cost us a draft spot.

Do you ever stop thinking about draft position?

This team is always better off when its young players take a step forward, and that includes Bemstrom.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Laundry is a much more important job than dishes. You all think first are something that “just can’t wait” but I’m the only one out here talking about laundry.
Well it depends what kind of dishes. If it’s throw them in a dishwasher type then I agree with you (although to be fair, unless you’re out there at the creek with a washing board laundry is a machine gig as well). But if you’re hand washing that shit then it needs to be done. Either way please, for the love of god get it out of the sink. It’s gonna start to stink up the joint.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Well it depends what kind of dishes. If it’s throw them in a dishwasher type then I agree with you (although to be fair, unless you’re out there at the creek with a washing board laundry is a machine gig as well). But if you’re hand washing that shit then it needs to be done. Either way please, for the love of god get it out of the sink. It’s gonna start to stink up the joint.

Just a laundry hater.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
:teach2:
Do you ever stop thinking about draft position?

This team is always better off when its young players take a step forward, and that includes Bemstrom.

To the first point : It is one of my great pleasures in life. Please don't ruin it for me.

To the second point: I never considered that.

I feel enlightened today. I'm going to have a great day.

:teach2::bow:

Reactions: pete goegan

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Laundry is a much more important job than dishes. You all think first are something that “just can’t wait” but I’m the only one out here talking about laundry.

Why you got to make it laundry vs dishes??

I think this shift and goal shows off what Bemstrom is capable of. Decent ability/skating to attack the zone, strong on the puck to get it to another player from behind the net, very good passing/puck movement, and very good shot.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I can’t help but if I’m always right about household chores and you all are not. I’m just hoping my opinions aren’t shut down because people don’t like me being right.

Johansen was traded, Wennberg wenn-berged, Korpisalo hasn’t been traded yet, and I don’t think enough CBJ fans are as excited as they should be for the futures of both Bemstrom and Texier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad