All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XIII - the 23 deadline approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
Lebrun saying more negotiations for Meier will happen today but he expects it to be between vegas, us and NJ. I still think Vegas wins but I would like it to be us.
this is what annoys me about the Borg. focused on an asset but seemingly will not go all-in to acquire the player who I believe is the one remaining difference maker available this deadline. It's been known for some time that SJ is slow playing this process. Meanwhile, Tarasenko, Horvat, Hathaway, ROR have all been traded.

If Meier has always been the target for this team - go get him. The idea that they are/will pursue mystery players is risky. If those players are not widely considered to be on the block by hockey pundits, the likelihood of a trade might be low. Trochek and Skjei might be exceptions to this theory but I don't like the Canes strategy. Meier sweepstakes being this slow and drawn out does not bode well for the Canes. they don't like auctions.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Something about the drunkenness in the way that Vegas pursues shiny objects makes me wonder if Vegas ends up winning the sweepstakes, but I still think that it's down to us or NJ.
It would have to be purely as a rental though wouldn't it? They only have like $3M next year for 2 goalies and re-signing 1-2 forwards?

Reactions: Sigurd

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
this is what annoys me about the Borg. focused on an asset but seemingly will not go all-in to acquire the player who I believe is the one remaining difference maker available this deadline. It's been known for some time that SJ is slow playing this process. Meanwhile, Tarasenko, Horvat, Hathaway, ROR have all been traded.

If Meier has always been the target for this team - go get him. The idea that they are/will pursue mystery players is risky. If those players are not widely considered to be on the block by hockey pundits, the likelihood of a trade might be low. Trochek and Skjei might be exceptions to this theory but I don't like the Canes strategy. Meier sweepstakes being this slow and drawn out does not bode well for the Canes. they don't like auctions.
I think most GMs have a limit of pay to overpay for someone. Some GMs don’t and Vegas’ is one for sure. Florida was just in a better position to offer a better deal due to the age of their all star caliber players.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I still see a handful of nickels and dimes. They don't have anyone to compete with the likes of a Holtz or Morrow.

There are half a dozen guys in Chicago I would take over Brisson, Dean and Cormier.
Maybe. We don’t know what the offers are yet so its hard to say Morrow, Holtz, etc are in the offers. We also don’t know how Grier ranks Holtz, Morrow etc. he could want more picks and maybe Vegas is willing to pony up

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I wasn’t necessarily making the case as a Jarvis vs. TT playing with Aho. I think if they bring in any RW they’re going to the second line no matter who it is.

What do Jarvis & TT’s numbers look like playing with and without each other?

It would be interesting to see how 3rd line-mate and d-pairing effect their numbers. I’m sure there’s some proprietary data out there somewhere that breaks down these variables.

I understand. I wasn't implying that you were making a case of TT vs. Jarvis. I just took the two players Aho has spent the most time with as a comparison. Beyond those two, the TOI starts to get small enough that I'm not sure how meaningful the data is. Necas is a distant 3rd at 189 min. and Aho's numbers look better without him than with him (except for GF%).

As for the 3rd line mates, d-pairing stuff, and doing other permutations of Jarvis and TT, that's a lot more work to try and get at all that and I don't have the time nor desire to do that, unless someone knows a website where it's easily obtainable.

I use naturalstattrick.com for most of this.

Reactions: zman77 and ndp

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
i've not put any real thought into this, but if washington is selling i wouldn't mind waddell embracing his inner rutherford and bringing back TVR.

can play both sides, steady, knows the system, and since he's dirt cheap it would keep maximum flexibility for whatever else is cooking up.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
i've not put any real thought into this, but if washington is selling i wouldn't mind waddell embracing his inner rutherford and bringing back TVR.

can play both sides, steady, knows the system, and since he's dirt cheap it would keep maximum flexibility for whatever else is cooking up.
I was thinking about him last night (that Lyubushkin goal reminded me of a big TVR game tying goal when we broke our drought) and because of Washington selling. We could do worse. I do hope we could possibly do better too though.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
If it's to the Blues, it won't be something weak. Very likely one of the Blues' lottery-protected 1sts.
I meant it will be weak compared to what the Canes or Devils apparently had the on table even considering Jarvis and Mercer respectively have been off the table.

I’d be fine with that. Better than the Devils.
I mean yeah, it'd be better than the Devils. But I meant both fanbases will be pissed because they'll have felt their teams could have easily beat the Blues deal. Now does that mean I think it'll happen? Not really, the more likely scenario is that he does go to the Devils because they'll have the best offer and in that case we'll be the only mad fanbase.

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad